Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative trust for an opinion?  (Read 1436 times)
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:14:07 AM

Also, are you aware that there is a huge number of scientists that believe in god, despicte all the FACTS that are against their religion?
Using your same logical deduction, how can you trust those people, especially when they are the ones that say that the earth is round (actually a geoid).

Well since logic isn't your strong suit I guess I will spell it out for you.
1) Anyone with an internet connection can google the millions of images and hours of videos we have of the fucking oblate spheroid we live on called earth.  Most 4th or 5th graders can prove the earth is not flat with a smart phone and internet connection.
2) No one can scientifically and empirically prove the sky daddy doesn't exist.
3) Science, peer reviewed experiments that make predictive and repeatable results require no trust, I don't have to trust them based on their personal belief in a sky daddy, the scientific method is literally designed so we don't have to trust anyone lol, surprisingly a lot like the blockchain but in a ironic twist all the conspiracy theory and religious nutjobs here don't like such a trustless system when it doesn't agree with their agenda!!

Not trusting someone in 2018 who can not understand simple basic logic seems perfectly fucking reasonable to me, but I guess I just expect to much from people eh.  I wouldn't give someone like that a nickel and thankfully we now have a warning in place.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:48:54 AM

The negative trust is about as ridiculous as the notion that anyone who is familiar with Vod will take his opinions seriously.

This is one more example as to why the trust system has become worthless, along with the fact that the admins will not step in to address a situation in which there is very clearly no trade dispute, nor any attempt/plan to steal money/property from others.  

The world is not flat, and there is substantial evidence to back it up. The appropriate course of action would be to present said evidence, not attempt to silence the OP via a negative rating. And yes a negative rating is very much an attempt to silence the OP, especially in this case.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:15:13 AM

The world is not flat, and there is substantial evidence to back it up. The appropriate course of action would be to present said evidence, not attempt to silence the OP via a negative rating. And yes a negative rating is very much an attempt to silence the OP, especially in this case.

Evidence has been presented. The OP has proceeded to double-down on their many lies. Your opinion about Vod is somewhere between a glass hammer and a chocolate teapot on the usefulness scale.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:18:53 AM

Evidence has been presented. The OP has proceeded to double-down on their many lies.
You fail to address:
there is very clearly no trade dispute, nor any attempt/plan to steal money/property from others. 
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:44:10 AM

You fail to address:
there is very clearly no trade dispute, nor any attempt/plan to steal money/property from others. 

Why would I want to address a strawman? Vod never said that it's a "trade dispute" or "attempt/plan to steal money/property from others".
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:50:52 AM

You fail to address:

Why would I want to address a strawman? Vod never said that it's a "trade dispute" or "attempt/plan to steal money/property from others".

Then you must admit that Vod is leaving negative trust for reasons other than the OP is a scammer/suspected scammer...
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:55:50 AM

You fail to address:

Then you must admit that Vod is leaving negative trust for reasons other than the OP is a scammer/suspected scammer...

No, I must not. You may want to look up "suspected" and "scam" in the dictionary. Vod seems to think that joerogers8 would be untrustworthy in a trade. Your attempt to make it about something else is laughable.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:05:12 AM

The world is not flat, and there is substantial evidence to back it up. The appropriate course of action would be to present said evidence

No the appropriate course of action is to ridicule the retard because he can't understand a picture or video of an oblate spheroid and is less intelligent than the average 4th grader.  There is no need for evidence when you can use your fucking eyes to see it for fucks sake.

The problem with stupid people today is they don't understand facts are real no matter how many memes you read on the web.

Water boils at 100C you don't get to have an opinion on that for fuck sakes

No, I must not. You may want to look up "suspected" and "scam" in the dictionary. Vod seems to think that joerogers8 would be untrustworthy in a trade. Your attempt to make it about something else is laughable.

The problem with our ignorant friend is he deals in black and white only.  In reality the entire world essentially works on "scales" of gray!

To the ignorant the trust system is only for scammed or not scammed.  In reality they've been informed a million times the trust system allows for the gray areas in case a person feels that someone is untrustworthy based on behavior. Trust is not tied to a transaction or a verified scam despite the insistence to the contrary.

Giving someone a red tag does not silence them lol they are still 100% free to use the forum as before.  Banning them would be trying to silence them.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 03:10:03 AM

In my opinion it boils at 95C1

1 in Denver. I reckon I could be a good flat-earther if I wanted to.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:15:59 AM

In my opinion it boils at 95C1

1 in Denver. I reckon I could be a good flat-earther if I wanted to.

Sub par flat earther because of lack of accompanying meme...

Also its not true about water boiling at 95C in Denver that is a NASA lie because sex in clouds on earth picture
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18565

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:10:41 AM

And?

- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1537

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:37:21 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 08:01:48 AM by Don Pedro Dinero

You could argue that Christians, Muslims, and Jews live their lives based on a book of fairy tales, but would I give them a neg on the forum?  No, not at all.

I’m with @The Pharmacist on this. From a scientifically point of view, religions are fairly tales. Does that mean that you can’t trust people with religious beliefs? Not at all.

I believe religions are fairly tells that were made up to ease the human fear to death, by the way.

To be consistent, Vod should tag any person who expresses religious beliefs on the forum.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 08:20:14 AM

You could argue that Christians, Muslims, and Jews live their lives based on a book of fairy tales, but would I give them a neg on the forum?  No, not at all.

I’m with @The Pharmacist on this. From a scientifically point of view, religions are fairly tales. Does that mean that you can’t trust people with religious beliefs? Not at all.

I believe religions are fairly tells that were made up to ease the human fear to death, by the way.

To be consistent, Vod should tag any person who expresses religious beliefs on the forum.

Religious people are gullible, but that doesn't mean they can't be trusted to do what is expected.

Believing the earth is flat means you have mental issues.  I would not trust such a person to do what is expected, such as repay a loan.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:00:48 PM

And?

- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.

And?

- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts.

@o_e_l_e_o If the only thing you can do is cherry picking to suck ass, maybe you should stay away from the conversation.

@Vod can you tell me what other beliefs you consider to be mental issues? I want to come up with a list of users to report.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:17:32 PM

-snip-

No one is rating the quality of the posts. They are rating the content of the posts. Writing in perfect English, with perfect spelling and perfect grammar, is inconsequential when the ideas behind what you write are insane.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:21:36 PM

Yes.
That's why it's an opinion and not a fact.
If you opinion means jack shit it doesn't change the fact that it's an opinion.

Well, I disagree.   Sad

I believe you cannot have an opinion that the sun emits purple light.

Opinions should have something to base the opinion on...

I'm sure joe has some basis to back up his claim.

As much as I respect Vod--and I respect him a great deal--I think he probably shouldn't have left that feedback for the reason he gave.  

Thank you.

How can I trust someone who ignores all scientific laws?

Then you shouldn't be able to trust 90% of the worlds populace since all of them believe in an imaginary man on the sky.

No the appropriate course of action is to ridicule the retard

Religious people are gullible, but that doesn't mean they can't be trusted to do what is expected.

Believing the earth is flat means you have mental issues.  I would not trust such a person to do what is expected, such as repay a loan.

So are flat-earthers.

I met a flat-earther once, wouldn't say he can't be trusted.

Looking for a signature campaign.
Tszunami98

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:24:33 PM

-snip-

No one is rating the quality of the posts. They are rating the content of the posts. Writing in perfect English, with perfect spelling and perfect grammar, is inconsequential when the ideas behind what you write are insane.

Believing the earth is flat means you have mental issues.

How does this idea feel to you? Do you find it resonable or insane?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 12:41:05 PM

I think joerogers8's strategy has worked. We now have four flat Earth threads on four different boards. Welcome to the intertubes of the 21st century, the golden age of information stupid.

TBH I'm kinda disappointed that Quicksy didn't reveal himself as a flat-earther - he would fit right in.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:28:32 PM

I agree with Vod's assessment of his intellect - flat Earth can be disproven by an elementary school level understanding of science.

Would I want to enter in to a trade/deal/loan/similar with him, knowing this information? Absolutely not, for the reasons I've stated previously in one of his other spam threads here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036856.msg46128828#msg46128828

Would I give him a negative trust for it? Probably not, but I'm not Vod, and he's free to leave trust to whomever he wishes.
Tszunami98

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

I agree with Vod's assessment of his intellect - flat Earth can be disproven by an elementary school level understanding of science.

Would I want to enter in to a trade/deal/loan/similar with him, knowing this information? Absolutely not, for the reasons I've stated previously in one of his other spam threads here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036856.msg46128828#msg46128828

Would I give him a negative trust for it? Probably not, but I'm not Vod, and he's free to leave trust to whomever he wishes.

The issue here is not if he is free to leave trust or not, but if it is justified.

He is reasoning his trust by claiming that OP cannot be trusted because he is against the laws of science, while using a false,against the laws of science, premise.

Last time i checked, ignorance is not in any way corelated to mental issues (i am open to change my mind if anyone finds a medical report that states that).

I am just going to stop here, there is a clear bias with some users here, which IMO questions their competence or their ability to reason.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: