Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:01:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My account was hacked  (Read 100 times)
Notser (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:49:55 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 08:00:16 PM by Notser

Hi,

I've recently noticed that my old acc was stolen (Password Change / E-mail change). I didn't really pay attention to it, as I'm "out of the bitcoin world" for over 5 years now. Wrote an e-mail to Cyrus, but I no longer have any of my old bitcoin wallets. The only proof I've got is a post with my e-mail address (The one I registered my account with).
The stolen acc: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=18080 (Notrem)

@EDIT: Once I found out, I clicked a link to lock account and I can see that there are no new posts from that moment.
btw. Why do people want to use some old unused for years account?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:51:21 PM

Wrote an e-mail to Cyrus, but I no longer have any of my old bitcoin wallets. The only proof I've got is a post with my e-mail address (The one I registered my account with).

I'm afraid your e-mail address cannot be used to prove ownership. What is required is a signed message like it is explained in this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545

Even then, you would have to wait, and the chances of your account being restored promptly are not so good.

Once I found out, I clicked a link to lock account and I can see that there are no new posts from that moment.

That's pretty much all you can do right now to lock the account so no more damage is produced.

Why do people want to use some old unused for years account?

I suspect the reason is your merit count (10) and higher rank (member). With that, they can participate in bounties and earn some rewards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: