Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:19:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nakamoto Found?  (Read 5238 times)
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

Could be him, I guess. The description, slightly nutty, but brilliant anti-government private researcher certainly fits.

But that's hardly enough evidence. Reading the article it sounds to me the evidence that it's him is basically that the writer of the article says "he implicitly admitted to be the creator of Bitcoin"... Is that sufficient evidence in your eyes?

And what about the name? Someone who cares so much about privacy uses his real name on the internet? Sounds unbelievable to me.

Could have been a lapse. The white paper was kind of academic in style and setting. Sthg a researcher wouldn't mind putting his real name on. But  then it blew up, became real, really fast. At the point when he  realized his real name was associated with a global phenomenon, he dropped out.

Sounds at least possible to me.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
satosh007

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:31:03 PM

You're thinking of the Enquirer.

Holy shit. Yeah, you are right.

In that case, it could be true, and I would draw everyone's attention to this extract from the article:

the trail followed by Newsweek led to a 64-year-old Japanese-American man whose name really is Satoshi Nakamoto. He is someone with a penchant for collecting model trains and a career shrouded in secrecy, having done classified work for major corporations and the U.S. military.

Been saying it for months. Bitcoin aint against The Man, it came from The Man.

who you trust (the idea - the creator or the project)

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:31:54 PM

This is all pretty surreal.

So the man that thousands of people have been searching for years was using his, er, real name the whole time?
Only actually works in Ayn Rand novels.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:32:37 PM

So the man that thousands of people have been searching for years was using his, er, real name the whole time?
its completely shit and fake story because Satoshi was not human he was a alien and its fact  Wink

FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:34:50 PM

Heh - I've just been saying in the wall thread that there's enough in that article to fuel the fires for conspiracy theorists.

At what point does conspiracy theory become more like common sense and the orthodox accepted version of events sound like bullshit?

i.e. Who is more likely to have created Bitcoin.

A team of high salaried life long committed cryptology professionals, pooled together under one roof with access to, for all intents and purposes, unlimited resources?

A lone hacker geek sitting in some Japanese attic with his Manga collection?

Well, I'm not one to class all alternative theories as lunatic. I wouldn't rule your theory out entirely.

But your rhetoric shows you're already convinced towards one side. The comments in the article could just as easily be interpreted as a person who, having worked in and around gov agencies, understands why he needed to work well out of the spotlight. Based on this article, he comes across as more disgruntled idealist than agency spook.

As for the likelihood of a lone person coming up with bitcoin...well, it's just an idea, right? Not some Hadron Collider chiselled into the heart of a volcano. History is full of lone people coming up with great ideas. Sometimes, that's the only way they can happen.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:35:33 PM

"He's a brilliant man. I'm just a humble engineer. He's very focused and eclectic in his way of thinking. Smart, intelligent, mathematics, engineering, computers. You name it, he can do it."

But he also had a warning.

"My brother is an asshole. What you don't know about him is that he's worked on classified stuff. His life was a complete blank for a while. You're not going to be able to get to him. He'll deny everything. He'll never admit to starting Bitcoin."

WompRat (OP)

Activity: 232

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:35:51 PM

Could we get this thread deleted.

Why?
Didn't even click the link before posting that. Didn't need to. Having read it now, I second my motion to get rid of this thread.

It doesn't matter if that's the guy. If it isn't, someone is going to get harassed just for having the name he has. If it is, we all owe him. And as for the article itself, he should turn it into a book and sell it. It's certainly long enough and with the right Dan Brown style to make it big. Also invasion of privacy. Something at least some of us are pretty big on, yes?

I only created this thread because the wall thread moves too fast for me is too cliquey.  I only apologize to Bitcoinsrus that I didn't add a poll.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:36:06 PM

Heh - I've just been saying in the wall thread that there's enough in that article to fuel the fires for conspiracy theorists.

At what point does conspiracy theory become more like common sense and the orthodox accepted version of events sound like bullshit?

i.e. Who is more likely to have created Bitcoin.

A team of high salaried life long committed cryptology professionals, pooled together under one roof with access to, for all intents and purposes, unlimited resources?

A lone hacker geek sitting in some Japanese attic with his Manga collection?

Wouldn't the NSA prefer a more easily controlled centralized crypto currency? I would see them be behind Ripple more than behind Bitcoin. Or Ethereum, which will probably become the next target for conspiracy theorists if that breaks through. Anyway I think it's too easy to create a conspiracy theory about everything that becomes big.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:45:42 PM

Just after graduating college, Nakamoto went to work on defense and electronics communications for Hughes Aircraft in southern California. "That was just the beginning," says Arthur, who also worked at Hughes. "He is the only person I have ever known to show up for a job interview and tell the interviewer he's an idiot - and then prove it."

A libertarian, Nakamoto encouraged his daughter to be independent, start her own business and "not be under the government's thumb," she says. "He was very wary of the government, taxes and people in charge."

uteroulin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:47:09 PM

I can't believe that a man who  was hiding for 5 years has been found. What's going to happen to his private life after this article in Newsweek ?! Shocked I am sure he is upset about being found
kkaspar

Activity: 140

banned but not broken

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:48:32 PM

In that case, it could be true, and I would draw everyone's attention to this extract from the article:

the trail followed by Newsweek led to a 64-year-old Japanese-American man whose name really is Satoshi Nakamoto. He is someone with a penchant for collecting model trains and a career shrouded in secrecy, having done classified work for major corporations and the U.S. military.

I have also thought that maybe bitcoin was originally created to track and map a part of the black market. When cash is actually hard to track, then create a digital currency that is "safe and untraceable" for all kinds of illegal activities. Honeypots like these wouldn't be created to actually convict criminals, but to map their activity so you can create strategies according to that information. Same thing could be used to fund certain things that's funding needs to be more under the radar.
I don't know if "The Man" created bitcoin, but I know that they surely would have good use for it.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:49:36 PM

Wouldn't the NSA prefer a more easily controlled centralized crypto currency? I would see them be behind Ripple more than behind Bitcoin. Or Ethereum, which will probably become the next target for conspiracy theorists if that breaks through. Anyway I think it's too easy to create a conspiracy theory about everything that becomes big.

If The Man had a controlling stake in the asset from the very off, what difference does it make if it is 'decentralised' or not? Was gold ever centralised? Did JP Morgan, the master of pump n dump not have a great big hard on for the Gold Standard?

A cornered market is a controlled market and possibly Bitcoins purpose is not to become a currency that challenges the USD, but to provide a vehicle for capital flight out of the economies of 'enemy nations' (banned in China and Russia) into the USD and western assets?

For this purpose, a liquid Bitcoin market needs to spring up. Whether it be black market trade, small time money cleaning, libertarian minded speculators etc.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:51:41 PM

Real or Not, this is an example of totally irresponsible journalism ....  Angry

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
WompRat (OP)

Activity: 232

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:55:53 PM

Real or Not, this is an example of totally irresponsible journalism ....  Angry

She was never going to just sit on possibly the biggest story of her career.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:56:37 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/ATILATX3PEXZ4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:59:35 PM

Real or Not, this is an example of totally irresponsible journalism ....  Angry

Looks to me like this is just a made up sensationalist piece made in the hopes of getting a promotion or public fame or something similar. She seems the type, the Dan Brown style supports it, and she writes for fiat magazines.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:01:44 PM

Real or Not, this is an example of totally irresponsible journalism ....  Angry

Looks to me like this is just a made up sensationalist piece made in the hopes of getting a promotion or public fame or something similar. She seems the type, the Dan Brown style supports it, and she writes for fiat magazines.

If something bad happens to that bloke, the same should happen to her ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
satosh007

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:11:43 PM

I have also thought that maybe bitcoin was originally created to track and map a part of the black market. When cash is actually hard to track, then create a digital currency that is "safe and untraceable" for all kinds of illegal activities. Honeypots like these wouldn't be created to actually convict criminals, but to map their activity so you can create strategies according to that information. Same thing could be used to fund certain things that's funding needs to be more under the radar.
I don't know if "The Man" created bitcoin, but I know that they surely would have good use for it.

I might be wrong but big (..)organizations will not/never resort to BTC, they do pay in cash for those kinda services.
BTC is for individuals. so if the man is behind it then he is tracking you. which i'am still not 100% buying

Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:14:11 PM

This is reminiscent of Osama bin Laden being found a few blocks away from a major Pakistani military academy.  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

I also support the motion to delete or at least move this thread. No one is speculating on how this might affect the bitcoin exchange price.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: