Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram Scams  (Read 642 times)
dasunlanka (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:36:04 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 12:21:48 AM by dasunlanka
Merited by suchmoon (9), pawel7777 (1), DdmrDdmr (1)

Blockchain technology ICO projects are strongly connected with Telegram messenger. every new crypto ICO projects have an official telegram group and channel.not for all ICO project but most of ICO project's user adoption and hype rate can be measured by referring activity on the telegram channel and groups. (most of Telegram channel have boosted members and paid members for increase their crowd) in my experience each and every day I am receiving a lot of new telegram messages from strangers.and 90% of them are coming from scammers. I think this may help you to identify those common scammers. Normally I am not perfect at English writing. but I think everyone can understand the idea,

01 Fake Admins/Moderators

When you joining to ongoing ICO's telegram group, some people will send you DM regarding that ICO project with attractive offers(different details). Most of them are with admin tag or moderator tag on their telegram name. It will be the same username but if you take a look at closely you can see it is not username it is bio.

Take a look at this example Real admin vs fake admin(Ex- from USECHAIN ICO project )

Real Admin                                                                                                  Fake Admin

So they will offer attractive offers and discount for you

01 Offer  pre-ICO discount or any discount
02 Free contribution opportunity (for Lottery selection ICO or pre whitelisted ICO  )
03 re-directing to fishing website  ''Website is compromised now please use this address for contribution ''

So a Lot of scammers are out there. So How to be safe with them.? make sure to contribute only from official ICO website, Don't trust any 3rd party, don't attract with more discount and offers other than states on the official website

02 Fake ETH giveaways from popular exchanges

Someone will add you to some groups called "Binance ETH giveaway ", "Huobi ETH giveaway ", Kukoin ETH giveaway''.There is an instruction to participate   To identify your address,please send 1-50 ETH to the payment address and most of the members reply ''I got my ETH Thank you'' but remember that it is not a real exchange and No real giveaways like this.

Please see these examples

Fake Telegram group                                                                                                       Fishing Website

Fake etherscan Transactions

Don't Trust any giveaway groups, always chack ETH address from original etherscan  

03 Fake Mobile Wallets and Apps

Some people will introduce new mobile wallets/decentralize exchanges mobile apps and Mining wallets for store your Funds. Please don't use those wallets they will track your private keys and can be steel your funds.

See this fake Etherdelta App on Android store

Fake Etherdelta App                                                                                                   Fake Etherdelta App

Don't use any app with less download count, review count and ratings, Use only official download link for download the app, Always Use Metamask for log in to your wallet/ Decentralize exchange  

04 Online Ponzi Schemes and Trading groups  

Can be introduced some Ponzi Scheme and Try to get some investment from you. All the Ponzi Schemes are SCAM so don't invest for them.

05 Pump group's signal  

can be added to pump groups and they will give 1-2 signals on one exchange. If you see closely there will be a small pump at that time but the price will be dump very badly after the pump. very small percentage of people will get profits but most of them will be lost their  BTC. but Pump group admin always get his profit. So don't Follow Pump group signal

Picture permission from USECHAIN XYZ

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:08:47 AM

Among these Telegram scams is the new “Hey admin!! I want to talk to you about listing your tokens on our exchange.” This is to lure noobs into contact them about some sh&tcoins they are holding in hope to get It listed; then the con game/hack begins. Don’t be gullible people.
Gaselemeg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:42:03 AM

I wonder what people think when they send money in the hope of getting an amount in 2-5-10 times more just like this.
Sometimes a person must be deceived in order to learn a lesson and no caveats will help here.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
FilesFM_Announcements
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 09:49:31 AM

Ive always thought we need a solution to this fake telegram users problem. Telegram needs to start looking into producing Verified emblems next to names for people who have done some basic KYC checks. Kinda like the twitter emblem. Somebody told me they have partnered with a KYC company to try and solve this issue.

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
Gloryobinna

Activity: 64

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:08:45 PM

I have repeatedly said this before... Only the greedy ones fall victim of scams..  How on earth will you think you will get x10 of eth you sent?  Common, why not look for a way and work for it?  People are being scammed on daily basis cos they are all insatiable...  Only insatiable beings gets scammed. Lol.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token ] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:30:58 PM

Some one if asking to send some amount and promising to pay in return multiple time of the amount sent definitely a man of wisdom will not accept such fool making offer.
If someone is ready to become fool; then it's his own choice.  Only greedy people will be accepting such offers. 
EverydayBtc

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:23:44 PM

I saw before a telegram mining bot that is being promoted in social media which is obviously a scam it is another form of hyip investment which a lot of people get victim and today I still see them being promoted in telegram channel and groups.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:18:36 PM

Also the exist many mining ethereum and bitcoin telegram bots who don't pay and stole your cryptocurrency when you invest in it to make withdrawal from these bots
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:11:36 PM

a good pointer is to assume noone's ever going to give you anything free, no discounts, no trades that you'd profit on and so on, but that fake app thing was quite interesting, what's the relation with telegram for that?

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 02:48:57 PM

Somebody told me they have partnered with a KYC company to try and solve this issue.

That will be very useful and it will reduce the activity of this kind of scammers. hope telegram does it in near future.

but that fake app thing was quite interesting, what's the relation with telegram for that?

There is a relation with the telegram. some people introducing/promoting fake apps on telegram groups/telegram channels/ thought personal messages many of them are mining wallets but the final target is to steal private keys form users. I couldn't take screenshots of those apps due to I have reposted many of them and 90% of accounts are deleted now. Cheesy

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:51:54 PM

Also the exist many mining ethereum and bitcoin telegram bots who don't pay and stole your cryptocurrency when you invest in it to make withdrawal from these bots
I saw before a telegram mining bot that is being promoted in social media which is obviously a scam it is another form of hyip investment which a lot of people get victim and today I still see them being promoted in telegram channel and groups.

Because some people are stupid and delusional. Thinking that a messaging client has the power to actually mine bitcoin. It's totally bonkers. Mining through Telegram and through other places besides actually buying your own hardware is a scam. Period.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
IggySe7ven

Activity: 464
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:57:27 AM

Thanks For The Inform But I'm doing binance giveway  i lost my eth  Cry
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:04:33 AM

Thanks For The Inform But I'm doing binance giveway  i lost my eth  Cry

If the Twitter ETH "giveaways" weren't obvious 100% scams to you, then YIKES. That's all I can say. Stop being delusional.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 07:24:51 AM

I almost send it before i see the notification on telegram group that he is a scam.
As a new comer I have 2 advice for you..

01 I went through your post history and saw all your reply with fully quoted..please stop it and edit all your past posts delete unwanted paragraphs.when you reply please quote only what you want to highlight.all other things must be deleted.

02 a lot of scammers out there on cryptocurrency sphere. Be careful

Shermanotr

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:02:13 AM

I was deceived today in a telegram for 32 dollars (((Such a feeling that in this chat only scammers are sitting (((
Davil

Activity: 238
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:05:51 AM

Wow I didn't know about this new trend by scammers on Telegram. Glad I've seen your thread, I'll dig further into the partners' profile the next time I have doubts on their legitimacy.

On the other hand, I don't send ETH to anybody nor download apps I'm 100% sure that are the legit ones, but anyway I think it's a great sample to show to beginners before they fall into any of these traps.
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 12:43:22 PM

Wow I didn't know about this new trend by scammers on Telegram. Glad I've seen your thread, I'll dig further into the partners' profile the next time I have doubts on their legitimacy.

On the other hand, I don't send ETH to anybody nor download apps I'm 100% sure that are the legit ones, but anyway I think it's a great sample to show to beginners before they fall into any of these traps.

Yes,always check their profile closely. most scammers have no user ID.  and If someone DM you first think why he wants to contact you. if he introduces more attractive/profitable offers don't think twice, bite him.

markstivn98

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 01:42:45 PM

I have registered in many of the Bot Telegram On the basis that they are mining.
But when you asked to withdraw the amount,I could not pull them Cry
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 02:02:59 PM

I have registered in many of the Bot Telegram On the basis that they are mining.
But when you asked to withdraw the amount,I could not pull them Cry

That is another way to scam people. mining bots always ask to deposit some btc to withdraw your mined Btc. don't send them your btc.

tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:10:32 PM

This the silent scam.few month ago i have an experience @ETH_Hourly_freebot.this a big scams Telegram bot.beginner falls this bot scam.First they told join at least 10 refferal,when its complete then say upgrade your id Paying ETH.       
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: