Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are suicide rates rising?  (Read 672 times)
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:34:31 AM

Empty lives... People are living without a purpose, they just exist. It makes the frustration grows along the time and at some point it becomes intolerable. The lack of empathy nowadays is too strong too, there is a false charity in the air. People simulate to be sympathetic and simulate about caring others, but when it's not for real the effect will be null.

Those who can't solve their personal issues only hearing the inner voice will have difficult to solve it, as they probably can't rely on others to assist them, and this loneliness can also lead to suicide...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arafat222

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:00:51 AM

I was recently looking over the numbers regarding suicide rates and the numbers are at an al ltime high!  What do you think is the reason  for the increased amount of suicides?
the reasons for that increase are not completely clear, in past research, experts have pointed to an increased sense of isolation among Americans, as well economic factors and a rise in mental illness.
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:23:12 PM

They have been rising on the USA but not on Europe. But of course its something to be concerned about. Currently statistically speaking you are your major existential threat because suicide numbers are bigger as a cause of death than assassination.

Instely

Activity: 56
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:04:44 AM

Suicide rates are rising because I think that people are become inhumane. I believe that interactions among human beings, be it - as a family, friend, classmates, workmates, neighbors, and etc, must be in good terms and what makes it in good terms is the humanity, and I think that is now being underrated today. People nowadays tend to hate each other, to not care for each other, we are becoming cruel without wven noticing what really is the situation of others. Furthermore, suicide rates are incrrasing due to lack of communication, understanding, tolerance, and acceptance. And with all of those negativity around, it is more easy to see things that's against the light.

applause, I think you are right sir. In these times, the human has been disconecting more and more from it's true nature. We used to be more colective, tend to care more for each other and even try to understand more the other people. But the human consciousness has evolved lately into a more egoistic, individualistic view of the world. And even when there is a little piece of egoism in the actions we make, on how we make it, we'll be still experiencing fears which in other times would be supported more from other people. I'm a lonely person and sometimes I fear rejection and I really believe it's something that is preventing me from really moving forward in my life, it keeps me from telling other people what I feel, thinking that in the end I am the only responsible for my own life, but I really feel exhausted from acting like that. That's why I've been feeling sporadic depression but actually I've never thought about suiciding myself.

Join the Blockchain Revolution with Chainzilla! -  https://discordapp.com/invite/rhkgTrv
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:35:02 AM
Merited by bluefirecorp_ (1)

Maybe this world isn’t conducive to keeping one mentally and emotionally sane anymore. There are so many negative factors that can contribute to depression, low self esteem and the environment can even trigger fears. There’s the fear of not being able to pay the bills, the pressure to succeed at work, the frustration with society and the government. I don’t blame people for giving up. The world is very flawed right now, don’t you think?
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:00:49 AM

The sense that finally dawn that ultimate meaning (that which matters most in life) is permanently, unequivocally and categorically lost / nonexistent, will inevitably (deterministically) result in the taking of one's own life.

The higher the prevalence of this phenomenon, the higher the rate of suicide, consequently.

jayawchaminda

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:51:52 PM

because of new technology and drugs, many people don't know how to use new technology. the example most people using a mobile phone they don't know what happened around them.befor not as we traveling by bus we talk with people we have good communication with people. people love each other respect each other but now people same like a machine.
now many types of drugs in the market this drugs use by teenage people they don't know what happened after using that drugs. I remember before having some computer game that one also push to kids suicide. 
yuno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Youtube Influencer

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:16:06 PM

In my country (Philippines) suicide is rare. I'm uncertain with scientific facts but I think geography contributes more than economic condition. Like normally we do have sun whole year and hot around 25-30 degrees normal centigrade. People are always outside hanging out with friends because it's hot to stay in the house.

Through this development of social orientation, I think it gives us the purpose to live as coexistential beings.

BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:50:17 AM

Suicides are really rampant in cold countries so I think you got that data from those. In my country, suicide is below average because there are now many things you can divert your attention when you have problems. Gaming and social media are making my citizens forget to take their own lives.
Cobbykels

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:04:35 PM

suicide rates are rising due to the change in the standard of living and how people are affected situations around them. for instance, a lady/guy who experiences a bad breakup might decide to commit suicide because he/she could not get hold of him/herself during the emotional trauma. Also due to increase in the level of technology most people loose their jobs to computer systems and the thought of being replaced by a machine is enough for people to commit suicide.
Michi_

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:57:39 PM

It really has multiple reasons. In my opinion, the growing rate of suicide is not only due to material things, like most of the answers on this thread, the emotional baggage of a person weighs them down to their finality. A person can have the best family, a nice circle of friends, loads of money, and a life never painted with hardships, yet still feel like the world is not a place to find happiness anymore. With just a single snap of emotions, even without a reason why they feel so tired and empty, a person can easily decide that it's time to say goodbye and close their eyes for good.
RGarrison2018

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:04:20 PM

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that psychologically and spiritually, people are finding it harder to find meaning in their lives.  The old pillars of society such as tight-knit families, religion, etc., are harder to maintain in the information age, and collectively--and in many cases individually--it's hard for human beings to build worldviews and relationships to replace what has been lost.  A loss of meaning and purpose leads to desperation and depression. 

I think it can do us a lot of good to go back and look at the stories and traditions that have been handed down by our ancestors and see what sort of meaning and lessons for a "good life" we can gather from these traditions.  I am a seminary student in my last year, and even though I already didn't take much of the Bible literally, I was very impressed listening to Jordan Peterson's Bible lectures (really more of a series of lectures on the book of Genesis) over the summer. 
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:35:24 PM

I was recently looking over the numbers regarding suicide rates and the numbers are at an al ltime high!  What do you think is the reason  for the increased amount of suicides?

I think that the reasons for suicides are depression, stress, and lack of communication. Some people easily becomes stress when faced with a hard problem, they decide to approach and talk to other people but people don't have the time to listen to their problems thinking that they have their own problems to deal with resulting to depression and eventually suicide. But that's not always the case, suicide has a lot of factors. Being their for someone specially during hard times, and talking to them, listening to them, and understanding them is one of the best ways to help them prevent committing suicide.
Lzen88

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:15:58 PM

Many people who are struggling with mental health are not able to express themselves. I for one struggle with anxiety and was under depression. People do not understand and some of them don't even try to understand what people under depression are going through.

I've always gotten comments such as, "young people nowadays are not able to handle stress", "it is a small matter, why are you so stressed up". Sometimes, I feel trapped and that I cannot tell people about my mental health as I would get scrutinized. It is important that society be more accepting and understanding about mental health. Mental health IS a thing!!
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:02:41 PM

Depression is the number one cause of suicide.  Cry

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-causes.html

This is a very sensitive topic and people who are suicidal needs immediate treatment.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
anthonytcm

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:30:44 PM

There's no blanket explanation for this, is this suicide rate rising locally or globally? Did you mean a specific country? Suicide rates are going up on my home country (Venezuela) for obvious reasons, it's sad to think about it in the sense that, ever since I was young, family/friends always referred to home as the "land of happiness", and to see statistics such as these rise just break my heart.

You can see here suicide rates globally: http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/, would be cool to be able to see the change over the years, as this site only shows 2018.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:54:25 AM

The number one reason that i think why suicide increases is depression , when a person has a big problems in their lives and they do not have a resolve they overthink of it and leads in depression. That occurs the suicidal part , they commit suicide when there is no other option for them , just to be free in their problems.

coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:16:22 AM

We are starting to see the later stages of capitalism as it overexploits all of Earth's resources including the human resource.  This exploitation is driving depression which capitalism wants because its a highly profitable industry.  The good thing about capitalism is that it will eventually destroy itself.  The problem is, it will destroy most of Earth's resources with it.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:12:32 PM

We can never understand the reasons why they are willing to end their own life. There could be sign of desperation or suffered from something (mentally) that they thought it would be better if they died. The main causes to this suicide mission could be from depression, abuse, violence, social background condition. And the trigger to this mayhem usually family's problem, bullies, alcohol and drugs, disrespect attitude, also bad social life. But mainly because of the economic and social life. WHO said that someone died every 40 seconds, how sad.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
aiguy
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 10:51:05 AM

there is two reasons in two types of people, like in poor people the reason is a financial issue and in rich people the reason is they cant effort the small tensions like failing in exam, girls matter etc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: