Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Telegram Scam!!  (Read 490 times)
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744
Merit: 10

Syntrum.com

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:45:36 AM

Telegram groups are often used to discuss ideas from a project, someone who offered a list of exchanges in the telegram group was very suspicious, I never trusted that person, all I did was see an announcement from the official channel of the ICO telegram group.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptomanspbmgdn
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 08:54:27 AM

It's true what you say, recently there were many new scams on the telegram. Last month, I was cheated and my wallet was hacked. For others, be careful with telegram fraud, enough for me to become a victim.

if you do not mind tell me more about your hack. how it happened?

until the cryptocurrency is safe, people will not be able to use it everywhere, it's sad
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:04:28 AM

the scammers have many ways of being able to make their action succeeded. This is already a risk that must be faced in crypto when sure decided to join in this field. caution is needed because sometimes a lot of promising big results but this is precisely the manner of charlatans to slowly and gradually started to take what we have.
konflikkastil

Activity: 879

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:10:53 AM

actually this is not a fraud in a new way but many people who don't know about fraud in this way, I advise you not to believe or go to any site on the telegram, and I will also tell you if there is no admin who PM you before you ask for it

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
brjameng

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:26:02 AM

I don't really care about everyone offering something on the telegram, cause i'm sure that many of those offer were scam.
So just a reminder to myself and perhaps to the others that, when you get some private message offering something about your coins or something like that, just ignore them, most probably that were scam
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:36:00 AM

I noticed recently in many telegram groups that there are people posting messages trying to contact admins about listing their token on their exchange. This is a new type of scam that is actually trying to lore newbies who might be desperate and want to have some sh¥tcoin that they are holding to get listed. Once the newbie contacts the poster of the scam exchange message then they will try to get information about their wallet; etc.. People don’t be gullible; if someone is a representative of an exchange they know how to get in contact with the project via email or other methods. They will not go into a public TG room to try to get a listing. That’s just absurd and we should all be careful of such scams.

Telegram groups are replete with these sort of requests now and I've never trusted them ab initio. I knew serious exchanges know how to communicate directly with the project team, other than dropping messages on a public forum to get a listing. Here's hoping no one has fallen victim of this new scam methods.
chandrarahmadewa

Merit: 49

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:02:31 AM

yes it often happens through telegram media, approaching personally chat, becoming a new tactic for fraudsters, it is bizarre if someone asks for our data, let alone ask for transfer of tokens or cash
betece777

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:20:28 AM

Indeed, from the beginning I know in telegrams, there are indeed many scams like this, I just almost became a victim of fraud. Usually they use admin profile pictures. In fact, I was once almost hit by 0.4 ethereum. I thought he was an admin.
because I used to want to continue trading, I did not accept my verification, and I asked the minister, no one would use the admin profile, and I said that if I wanted to verify, I would have to send 0.4 ethreum to the address that was late.
anisoptera

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:41:27 AM

Actually, telegram becomes very popular for crypto scammers. I would suggest not to deal with anyone thought telegram because most of these accounts are fake. It's not only fake exchanges, scammers also offer the highest price for bitcoin or altcoins comparing to the market price, also offer fake mining contracts and so on.

aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:18:44 AM

Man Telegram scams are worst. Just yesterday someone posed himself as Brian Armstrong (CEO of Coinbase) with his full pic and all. And then messaged me about how I feel about current crypto market. After few mins he said that he can get me a Bitcoin at 30% discount from the market. I knew he was a scammer so I just went with the flow. Later he gives me an email to which I should contact after creating a Coinbase account. I then blocked the guy.

Just beware of such scammers. No one is gonna give you anything for a discount. Don't reveal your private keys, passwords even if they say they are support representatives. Good thing is I don't have much cryptos, but still staying safe is very much in our hands.
I have even seen some telegram page trying to clone a real project page just to deceive investors into thinking they are the real deal  Grin. I have seen several scammers trying to approach investors directly to pitch rubbish to them.

Honestly, I believe in every type of attempt scammers may want to bring, for everyone who is smart enough, they will always see the handwriting all over the wall, and this is one thing I believe that people by now should have gotten used to when it comes to their ability to get themselves secured from becoming a victim of scammers.

I believe most gullible and greedy people are normally the targets at the end.
thiemthang

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:33:26 AM

This is useful information. You will help many newcomers avoid the scammers. For myself, I have not been deceived like this. Since I need help, I will send a message directly to admin labeled 'admin' sinking on the telegram. And secondly, the real admin will only require a wallet or transaction history . If they ask me to send a user password or any information that can be logged into my account, or have to send them an ETH value, the BTC will be helped ... I stopped talking to them Immediately because it would be a scammer ... I stop talking immediately with them because that will is a scammer
Yindian

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:41:44 AM

Your reminder is great, novices must pay attention. There are so many scam projects for the telegraph, and they don’t even have official websites.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:57:03 AM

I am an admin at a project and yes, it's a daily thing nowadays. We have stopped replying and every attempt is an immediate ban. And indeed, a good exchange doesn't have to do anything to get projects listed....even a shitty exchange is not begging in channels. Good tips ts.....hope people don't fall for these scams....
lagista

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:03:18 AM

telegram now used by irresponsible people just want to get profit, we have to be vigilant and scam on this type of telegram very much in official telegram channels, we must be vigilant and do not have to believe it.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:55:14 AM

It's true what you say, recently there were many new scams on the telegram. Last month, I was cheated and my wallet was hacked. For others, be careful with telegram fraud, enough for me to become a victim.

Would have loved you give a clear picture of how you were cheated and got your tokens stolen for others to learn, I know the only way your tokens you can be stolen from your eth wallet is if your private key is compromised which is usually the fault of the owner and there are laid down rules to avoid such

gorkin0606

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:58:29 AM

It is necessary to be very attentive. Now in cryptocurrency there is a lot of deception. Even Telegram was made the place of fear about SKAM

B I T C O I N   S P O R T | Cryptocurrency Journal   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ◥ BITCOIN-SPORT.ORG
                                         [                   + 92% FREE BITCOINS                   ]          ◥ Chat for bounty and investors
                                              ANN   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   VK   TELEGRAM                   ◥ The dynamics of the course
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:12:46 AM

Always terrifying, on which ideas the whole scammer come. Either way but thanks for your note. I'll keep that in mind.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:24:51 AM

I noticed recently in many telegram groups that there are people posting messages trying to contact admins about listing their token on their exchange. This is a new type of scam that is actually trying to lore newbies who might be desperate and want to have some sh¥tcoin that they are holding to get listed. Once the newbie contacts the poster of the scam exchange message then they will try to get information about their wallet; etc.. People don’t be gullible; if someone is a representative of an exchange they know how to get in contact with the project via email or other methods. They will not go into a public TG room to try to get a listing. That’s just absurd and we should all be careful of such scams.

yes, that's why you must always be diligent in searching for all information, especially in the telegram network. there are many modes that bastards do to fool beginners as their target. I often encounter such things on telegraph channels, which is why you have to report them.
artem30011994

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:30:07 AM

if strangers write to me in a personal, I immediately block them. After all, as a rule, only fraudsters write first. although sometimes out of boredom I can scoff at them when they offer to buy a project coin at a super favorable price especially for me) I pretend that I bought it and give me the address to send. after in Photoshop I do the screen saying the transaction went) the most fun is that when I see this screen, they immediately block me, but when I check in the locker and see that there is no transaction removed from the black list and again they write))

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space     | Join Referral Program  TOKEN SALE     ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
─    Facebook    ─     Medium     ─    Telegram        ─
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:39:01 AM

Scammers are now very divorced, and we need to be extremely attentive. In groups of telegrams it is always written that no administrator will send you a private message. Listing on the exchange is a lot of money, so this type of fraud is absurd.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: