Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin regrets after Satoshi revealed  (Read 4277 times)
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:46:55 PM

"I'm disappointed Newsweek decided to dox the Nakamoto family, and regret talking to Leah."

Source: https://twitter.com/gavinandresen/status/441547758827474946

freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:53:49 PM

This is not good news... I hope the next chirp from Gavin isn't "I regret talking to the CIA and CFR and..."! Don't you know...loose lips sink ships!

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:54:43 PM

Gavin's tweets doesn't mean the article is true.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
rat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:59:58 PM

lol. what does it mean then, idiot?
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:04:26 PM

idiot?

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:04:33 PM

The man of the article is Satoshi Nakamoto but it's maybe not the same than ours.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:05:01 PM

It means that we have to hope he really is Satoshi, so he can afford the bodyguards he needs from now on. If not he is in deep shit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:08:20 PM

Gavin's tweet expresses regret that he spoke with the journalist, but does not confirm that he knows this Nakamoto to be bitcoin's Nakamoto.  

He says that he didn't know they would dox the Nakamoto family--this Nakamoto family got doxxed regardless of whether the theory presented in the article is true or false.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
xenon481

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:26:13 PM

Gavin's tweet expresses regret that he spoke with the journalist, but does not confirm that he knows this Nakamoto to be bitcoin's Nakamoto.  

He says that he didn't know they would dox the Nakamoto family--this Nakamoto family got doxxed regardless of whether the theory presented in the article is true or false.  

+1

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

+1

Gavin should clear it out ...what he really means !!!

SpeculateThis

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:48:38 PM

+1

Gavin should clear it out ...what he really means !!!

+1 Gavin hasn't publicly stated yet that he believes or doesn't believe he's the real deal. Until he does, the speculation continues...
DoctorOz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:05:31 PM

lol...the speculation of bitcoin continues to grow...in every facet.... i think if the real Satoshi put his hand up, no one would believe....
rayfloyd

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:09:19 PM

If any of you who think gavin is confirming this actually read the article, you will see that it is specified in it that gavin has only spoke to satoshi through emails and private message on here and that satoshi dodged every question about him and they talked only about code.

/thread

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:16:27 PM

"I'm disappointed Newsweek decided to dox the Nakamoto family, and regret talking to Leah."

Source: https://twitter.com/gavinandresen/status/441547758827474946

yah, no kidding.  never trust a reporter. 

even if this guy isn't THE Satoshi, his life is now going to be a living hell. 

if it is him, his thanks for doing this and making all of these people filthy fucking rich is to reveal things he clearly did not want people to know to, of all people, a fucking reporter.  that sucks beyond words.

how long before the tax man shows up at his door, I wonder.  Noon-ish?

what a totally dumbass move.......
remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:19:08 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 03:53:13 AM by remotemass

The Pope should show his own bitcoin address on CNN.

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:21:10 PM

its the laziest bit of reporting research to ignore any info gleemed from satoshi's forum messages/ irc chat logs and emails. but to find someone in america that has a name that matches the 'nickname'/pseudonym. purely to attempt to make it look like satoshi was an american. to give warm feelings to american people that he is their hero and not a british educated guy (which actual evidence points to)

so lets doxx me.. this pseudonym is franky1 so lets find the name frank whan(1). and lets narrow it down to america, purely so that doxxers can use their white-pages to search names
http://www.whitepages.com/name/Frank-Whan

.. hang on mybirth certificate doesnt say frank... oh wait i am born and live in england..

and if i was gavin i would say
i regret anyone that has doxxed frank-whan and invaded the privacy of a innocent guy, i assure people i will not talk again to any lazy doxxers that get it wrong.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
rat

Activity: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

its the laziest bit of reporting research to ignore any info gleemed from satoshi's forum messages/ irc chat logs and emails. but to find someone in america that has a name that matches the 'nickname'/pseudonym. purely to attempt to make it look like satoshi was an american. to give warm feelings to american people that he is their hero and not a british educated guy (which actual evidence points to)

so lets doxx me.. this pseudonym is franky1 so lets find the name frank whan(1). and lets narrow it down to america, purely so that doxxers can use their white-pages to search names
http://www.whitepages.com/name/Frank-Whan

.. hang on mybirth certificate doesnt say frank... oh wait i am born and live in england..

and if i was gavin i would say
i regret anyone that has doxxed frank-whan and invaded the privacy of a innocent guy, i assure people i will not talk again to any lazy doxxers that get it wrong.

sounds like umad.
krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:07:39 PM

While I agree that the reporter is lazy and ethically challenged, your attempt to spin this as some kind of American feel-good story is beyond idiotic and straight into retarded.

How about you just STFU if you don't have anything to contribute besides nationalistic drivel?

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:16:14 PM

It means that we have to hope he really is Satoshi, so he can afford the bodyguards he needs from now on. If not he is in deep shit.
I really doubt that... you think if they wanted him they couldn't have found him before this irritating reporter lady did?

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

I hope the next chirp from Gavin isn't "I regret talking to the CIA and CFR

Actually I really do hope he says that.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: