Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:57:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about crypto currency issued by the government?  (Read 3560 times)
moon sorcerers

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 11:12:44 AM

Won't be a big fan of those crypto currencies. Government issuing crypto currencies and you really think they are going to be decentralized? No way. They will try to keep it under their control as much as they can. And its the Japans central bank that will be issuing those coins and is a more no no for us. I thought crypto currencies were supposed to be anti of the banking system.
What kind of crypto regulation do you expect if the government cannot regulate policies intensively?

if they make crypto with their own system then there will be two different centralized systems and vice versa, at least they can accommodate their own system to save potentially damaging things about the interests of their own currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:52:38 PM

Can you give me any authentic link about it please?

If government come here i think it must be good. Everything will be under control and market will be stable. But challenge is how technically government handle it where market is fully decentralized.
That’s what actually want to say mate we are well aware of crypt coin nature that it use to change all the time is I think at very first it’s not possible for government to handle it and other thing is crypto currency is totally independent that has no relative concern with it so these are just roaming there is no authentic proof about it.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 11:34:19 PM

Won't be a big fan of those crypto currencies. Government issuing crypto currencies and you really think they are going to be decentralized? No way. They will try to keep it under their control as much as they can. And its the Japans central bank that will be issuing those coins and is a more no no for us. I thought crypto currencies were supposed to be anti of the banking system.
What kind of crypto regulation do you expect if the government cannot regulate policies intensively?

if they make crypto with their own system then there will be two different centralized systems and vice versa, at least they can accommodate their own system to save potentially damaging things about the interests of their own currency.
If there is someone controlling it, it wouldn't be so cool to invest on that since they were the ones who can control it and i don't think if there's a lot of participants that wanted to invest it. Investors may try it once but eventually, they will just going to switch back to Bitcoin again.
Although we can't force everyone to choose what type of currency they want so they might be going to release it but i don't know if other government in another country would accept it.

tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:26:27 PM

It is said that central banks plan to release their own curypto currency in some countries,for example Japan..

How do you think about these crypto?
Government-issued electronic money is no longer a new issue for some countries I think because the government wants to promote the nation's development and issue electronic money to curb inflation in the country. Such as Zimbabwe, inflation is very high and affects politics and the government must use electronic money to stabilize the economy.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:51:12 PM

It is said that central banks plan to release their own curypto currency in some countries,for example Japan..

How do you think about these crypto?

yes I think it's a good development. but we don't know yet whether the country can manage it or not. because no country has created crypto until now. so it took a long time for this.
entebah

Activity: 1548
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:23:20 AM

If the government issues its digital currency, I will not trade with Coin from the government. Because I think Coin prices will tend to be slow in their movements. Because the government has always given statements to the people in my country, that digital currencies are at high risk because prices rise and fall rapidly.

alonelyorange

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:50:09 AM

When many country want to created their own crypto is very good ideas, but they have connection with bitcoin and blockchain, they could created some thing without have connection with bitcoin.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:34:52 AM

In my opinion, this will be a great opporrunity to showcase cryptocurrency because it is backed up by the government. Government releasing crypto will be a giant leap for crypto savvy because government issued crypto has so much trust into it than non-legitimate cryptocurrencies out there. With this, users can be assured of security and the protection of investors and users through guidelines and regulations in the use of it. Foe sure that in the coming years, more government bodies will soon be open to the fact that cryptocurrency will be able to aid in government's financial transactions as well.

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:39:49 AM

If the government issues its digital currency, I will not trade with Coin from the government. Because I think Coin prices will tend to be slow in their movements. Because the government has always given statements to the people in my country, that digital currencies are at high risk because prices rise and fall rapidly.
If we are talking about volatility here I think fiats are more volatile than crypto the best advantage a digital currency can give to one government is the fixed amount of supply because we are all aware that government have unlimited supply of money if they implement using a public ledger and opened for transparency to public then it will be good to people.

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 07:15:10 AM

When many country want to created their own crypto is very good ideas, but they have connection with bitcoin and blockchain, they could created some thing without have connection with bitcoin.
I think what you mean is to create a crypto that will going to compete bitcoin and will have a different blockchain.

Yes it could be possible since cryptocurrency is all about decentralization. The market price of every coin will be determine by the demand and supply of the coin just like the most stable coin in the market the USDT.

However, it will.not guarantee that a certain government coin may going to work out with other coin just like bitcoin. So if I were to make a coin then I will make it under the bitcoin blockchain or somehow connected to bitcoin where it could be tradable to other cryptocurrency.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 07:18:42 AM

I think what you mean is to create a crypto that will going to compete bitcoin and will have a different blockchain.

Yes it could be possible since cryptocurrency is all about decentralization. The market price of every coin will be determine by the demand and supply of the coin just like the most stable coin in the market the USDT.

However, it will.not guarantee that a certain government coin may going to work out with other coin just like bitcoin. So if I were to make a coin then I will make it under the bitcoin blockchain or somehow connected to bitcoin where it could be tradable to other cryptocurrency.
Michal_open_source

Activity: 99
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 12:18:05 PM

I would say national crypto a good idea if it lowers the costs of issuing the money. Anyway its just a little upgrade from current system. National cryptos do not offer decentralization and fixed supply.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:53:14 PM

- I believe many people here will make decisions like you, not participating and not using the coin that the government creates because the government always creates a playground they can control, their strict management will make the market very boring and gloomy, lack of pumps and breakthroughs. The coin issued by the government will be very little volatile and will not bring big profits to investors, focusing on their products only makes us waste money and time, observing and participating in other cryptos is still better when they are not under government control

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:50:50 AM

yes it's normal, there is nothing special. even though all countries in the world make their own crypto, can it save a bear market? no, because what is needed now is the development of all crypto, starting with the function of crypto itself.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:11:46 AM

When a governing body takes responsibility, surely it'll be functional same as the centralized services. We cannot see anything good similar to bitcoin. To my thinking it is same as the way of making transaction digitally for the traditional fiat. If the same cryptocurrency is developed in a separate platform with some other backing as oil, metals, etc then it'll surely make a difference though it is under a centralized system.
sakkex

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 09:57:04 AM

The expression "central" in the wording central banks is already suspicious when it comes to the question of issuing a cryptocurrency by a government. But a government could become more credible if it manages all its expenses on a blockchain so that each citizen could always check if the taxpayers' money is consequently used. Instead of issuing a cryptocurrency, the Congress could be suppressed by replacing it with a virtual congress which work would be performed on a blockchain network.
ggeorgeokafor

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 11:47:34 AM

i am afraid of the taxation that will be imposed if ever.
markovicmarge

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 12:15:04 PM

government should regulate new entries in the market.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:32:11 PM

if every country issues its own currency, I think the nature and risk will definitely change and it will even become a function as a fiat eye,
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:59:27 PM

If they make a cryptocurrency but don't use a decentralized system. then what's the difference with other digital currencies? the core of crypto innovation is decentralization right ? if there is no decentralization in crypto they issued then I will not be interested in what they bring.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: