Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:03:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about crypto currency issued by the government?  (Read 3560 times)
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 01:31:10 PM

This is one of the speculations made by several crypto user that governments might turn out creating their own cryptocurrencies. No one can tell what the future holds exactly but it seems most of the governments are nowhere near the integration of cryptocurrency into their payment systems due to its decentralized nature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 01:50:01 PM

on the basis of crypto currencies is a decentralized currency, in the sense that there are no central bank controls, and the main purpose of crypto is to eliminate the role of banks or third parties. if the government will launch a cripto-like coin, it is not digital money, what is certain is that the government has full control over these coins, even if blockchain technology is implemented, there will still be no "freedom" there
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:16:40 PM

It is said that central banks plan to release their own curypto currency in some countries,for example Japan..

How do you think about these crypto?
Well that crypto is about to rock their world I guess but there are many problems regarding on that for sure. People in the other country may not promote that because it is centralized and we all know that almost all of us wants a decentralized token or crypto right? If they can improve it for sure many investors will invest in their cryptocurrency.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 03:16:48 PM

It is said that central banks plan to release their own curypto currency in some countries,for example Japan..

Well, I think they will become another form of shitcoins on the market. No one loves centralized asset so I think the cryptocurrency community will think twice in investing such centralized digital money. On the other hand I think investors will take the opportunity or the hype but I know it won't last long. If every country has to create their own digital currency I think crypto related businesses and jobs will be the next big thing as governments will begin to embrace blockchain technology.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Tanhahaque

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:19:45 PM

I think it will be great for the crypto trader and a very positive vibe to change through it. And Government take control of it and the big platform will create far soon and the unemployment will reduce. Economically there are many changes happen. But the problem is no freedom at all In this center point of view. It was not easy for the government it takes time to take control of it.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 06:04:38 PM

Crypto released by government are obviously centralized in nature, however, it can have the government's full support regarding on the peoples needs and technological advancements. The security will also become high and crypto will much safer. The only consequence is that, they will require KYC.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Alexlax

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 08:32:25 PM

This does not make much sense. Because it will not be much like "decentralization". If their currency, they can somehow control it. So so idea.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:56:54 AM

Governments are known for their centralized governance so we must expect that if they are going to issue their own cryptocurrencies, it will also a centralized one. Issuing their own cryptocurrency will involves their central bank and other finances that vitals to the national economy so government won't going to create a virtual currency that they can't able to control or regulate.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:20:46 AM

I dont know if the government will issue their own crypto because they already have their own currency and its enough for them to earn a profit because they can create a supply of it whatever they wanted to.

Many country do already issue their own coins but most of them have failed because they didnt get enough support from their people  .  this is not a threat to crypto overall  .
maemunah

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:21:38 AM

in my opinion it doesn't matter if the other coin coins are still there and for me throwing the coin is bad because there is no problem why is it thrown away? instead we get cheap coin coins and earn a little bit of income
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:37:52 AM

they make crypto currencies themselves because they want to have control over their currencies. this is contrary to decentralized crypto currencies. although I think they will have difficulties regarding the anonymity of their users.
NO, I beg to disagree with this point. I think the government issued crypto will be facing a lot of issues especially with the other currencies like US dollars. There was a concern regarding with the purchasing power of US dollars using crypto. And this is why the United States of America made some ways to avoid putting other countries to bypass in purchasing US dollars using crypto based and dollar exchange.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 11:01:25 PM

they make crypto currencies themselves because they want to have control over their currencies. this is contrary to decentralized crypto currencies. although I think they will have difficulties regarding the anonymity of their users.
NO, I beg to disagree with this point. I think the government issued crypto will be facing a lot of issues especially with the other currencies like US dollars. There was a concern regarding with the purchasing power of US dollars using crypto. And this is why the United States of America made some ways to avoid putting other countries to bypass in purchasing US dollars using crypto based and dollar exchange.
Any cryptocurrency created by a government will be the same as their fiat but with even bigger problems for us since they will be capable of inserting all kind of malicious code in their coin that you cannot see so if they decide to confiscate your money they could do it very easily so it will be a mistake for anyone that appreciates freedom to support a coin created by any government.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:30:17 AM

I dont know if the government will issue their own crypto because they already have their own currency and its enough for them to earn a profit because they can create a supply of it whatever they wanted to.

Many country do already issue their own coins but most of them have failed because they didnt get enough support from their people  .  this is not a threat to crypto overall  .
Just look what happened to Petro, Venezuela's own crypto currency, in which now became useless. It's too controversial as it says it's backed by their oil but unfortunately didn't.

Personally, I don't see myself using government issued crypto currency as yes it's obviously centralized and damn don't trust any of it.
We all love bitcoin and other alts because of its decentralization and after all this is what we're yearning for.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:11:38 AM

Precisely this is an advance for blockchain technology because it has been trusted by a government to be adopted even to make its own cryptocurrency. In the midst of many countries that prohibit bitcoin and crypto, with this Japan can be an example for other countries to be motivated to adopt this blockchain technology.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:25:46 AM

I think it won't work well. it is a government altcoin and will not carry too much meaning. it has no annual revenue, it does not intend to invest. it only gets richer when it receives a lot of taxes from people and businesses.
Altcoin development of a government is actually quite meaningless. we can only borrow money from them and do not expect it to grow strongly. According to me, that is a bad idea.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
hen cet

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:56:23 PM

Crypto released by government are obviously centralized in nature, however, it can have the government's full support regarding on the peoples needs and technological advancements. The security will also become high and crypto will much safer. The only consequence is that, they will require KYC.
It might be more trusted because it was issued by a government that has gone through regulations so that it is legally safe for trade and investment.
Problems will arise because KYC must be included in crypto purchases or sales issued by the government for taxes, which means they are no longer anonymous. Even though currently the advantages of Crypto are anonymous.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:01:07 PM

there are two aspect of it one is that crypto currency whale position will be taken by government then they can further manipulate and all regulation will be imposed to own respective crypto and second one is that is we will see crypto awareness among general people then we can see market rise to next level.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 05:57:42 PM

Just look what happened to Petro, Venezuela's own crypto currency, in which now became useless. It's too controversial as it says it's backed by their oil but unfortunately didn't.

Personally, I don't see myself using government issued crypto currency as yes it's obviously centralized and damn don't trust any of it.
We all love bitcoin and other alts because of its decentralization and after all this is what we're yearning for.
And that is the issue, bitcoin was at first created by satoshi as a way to not have to rely on governments for your currency since they have shown through history they should not be trusted, so it does not matter what they say about their created cryptocurrency they are lying and only a fool will trust them, it does not matter what they do I will never use a cryptocurrency issued by a government.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:51:01 AM

Crypto currency created by the government will certainly change the nature and change the system in my opinion and of course the legality we will get in the security investment will be guaranteed but the tax will follow it

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:07:35 AM

Crypto currency created by the government will certainly change the nature and change the system in my opinion and of course the legality we will get in the security investment will be guaranteed but the tax will follow it
when the government made its own cryptocurrency currency not only was the tax a problem but I am sure there will be an extraordinary economic disaster because there will be price manipulations that can make many people lose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: