Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🍮𝒞𝑅𝒴𝒫𝒯𝒪𝒞𝒪𝐹𝐹𝐸 𝒯𝑅𝐼𝒜𝐿 @ 𝒮𝒯𝒜𝑅𝐵𝒰𝒞𝒦𝒮🍮  (Read 203 times)
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:25:11 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 09:52:54 PM by Pilchard

Hello everyone  Cool, this is something something I’ve been planning to do with CryptoCurrency for a long time now, that the mobile Instant Payment system that Electroneum released has finally made possible. 😍

I'm willing to be the "Pizza guy" for ETN.
I’m working on a multi pronged campaign to get Joe public walking in off the street and buying coffee at Starbucks.

I have a short term plan for a workaround solution that will have people discreetly buying coffee at starbucks without requiring any initial support or participation from starbucks themselves.

And also running in parallel, a long term plan to work towards incentivizing Starbucks themselves to dip their toes in the water.

Both plans run in parallel, supporting and complimenting each other.
Initially before any of the plans really start, as a prologue I will be buying coffee at the starbucks I intend to hold this trial at, and tipping the staff with £5 worth printed Electroneum foldable wallets like this

Yes,  there's a few etn on that wallet to swipe if you're quick enough.

With an introduction to Electroneum, how its value is increasing, some web links to news articles, Electroneum.com ect, and instructions on how to install Electroneum on your phone printed on the other side of the A4 sheet.

All this in order to prepare them for receiving tips from customers in the later on, as will prove important for the long term adoption plan.
The short term grassroots level plan involves me, and volunteers paid in ETN acting as an abstraction layer between the customers and Starbucks, Similar to how Drivers bridge the gap between Software and Hardware.

And initially to kickstart things We will have a stand outside offering free coffee at starbucks, where people who are interested in free coffee can be guided on how to install electroneum on their phones, then receive £10 worth of ETN to be used to buy their coffee at the nearby starbucks.

£10 in ETN will importantly leave them change left over in ETN from buying a coffee…

And it’s easy enough to mention to them that they can tip the staff in ETN…
Perhaps even enter them into a raffle to win prizes if they ask to tip the Starbucks staff with their etn change…

All of this, as the backer for this campaign I will foot the bill for.

The spin off effects from this short term plan will prepare the ground for the long term plan, as mentioned earlier.

For example because of the initial groundwork in preparing the staff to accept ETN tips, the staff will be ready to accept the ETN tips from the customers of the trial.

“once the customers keep asking to tip in Electroneum then it shows the staff and manager that their customers consider it money. If the staff consider it money you are one step closer to getting it accepted by the store without having to sales pitch them.”

“The concept is if people/customers consider it money and employees consider it money, what is there left to sell the business owner on? Very little because it’s money.”

And then the other side of the pincer closes in, in the form of this community Petition letter, signed by and sent in by as many people as we can muster:

================================================
    Dear Sir or Madam

I would like to ask if you would be willing to participate in a short Trial in accepting Cryptocurrency in the form of the of the recently developed “Electroneum Instant Payments” API in one of your establishments on a limited basis to establish its viability.

This is the first time we have deemed a CryptoCurrency to be viable for this Mass Adoption use case.

This would be at no financial risk to yourselves, As our community will provide not only the Cryptocurrency (Electroneum) but also we will pay up front the full amount of Standard Fiat Currency (Pounds Stirling) for the limit of this test (2 to 3 days and £1000 worth of product)

This is how confident we are in the ability of this new breed of cryptocurrency to fulfill all the requirements necessary to meet the demands of a commercial enterprise such as yourselves.

Essentially you will sell £1000 worth of product, Receive the full £1000 amount in Great British pounds cash, AND additionally receive £1000 in the form of cryptocurrency (Electroneum) So you will in essence be paid twice for participating in this trial, with the added benefit that the £1000 worth of cryptocurrency is likely to vastly appreciate in value.

The payment in Great British Pounds will also insure you against the potential volatility present in the burgeoning CryptoCurrency marketplace.

Electroneum also complies with KYC, and AML laws in order to satisfy regulations , This is the first cryptocurrency that goes this far in order to achive the goal of being legitimately recognized as a law abiding currency fit for mass adoption by individuals and commercial enterprise.

Consider this is an opportunity to show to the world at large that StarBucks Coffee embraces opportunities to always be at the cutting edge of society and technology by working with the British Cryptographic Community, and with the official CryptoCurrency of Great Britain.

Yours sincerely, (insert your name here)

======================================================
I’m now doing the groundwork to get this ball rolling, one way or another I’m getting this done. If you hold ETN and you want to pitch in, hit us up with all your Ideas and lets weave them together into this master plan.

This thread over on the Electroneum community forum is also worth a read for Ideas on the easy little things you can do to increase Electroneums mass adoption rate: https://community.electroneum.com/t/topic/5779
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:22:49 PM

In the worst case scenario If they don’t agree, might take a few people to pull this off. One to have the sign offering free coffee outside, and getting people to install Electroneum on their phones and accept enough ETN to buy a coffee, then someone else inside with a laptop who the guy outside would send people to, who would accept ETN payments and buy the coffee for them. Wouldn’t draw too much attention from any manager or staff.

Could ramp it up to three people if we can find volunteers. Sign guy, Laptop guy, then another guy to buy coffees and bring them to the people who ordered them with ETN from the laptop guy.

Would look pretty inoccuous to the Starbucks staff, they might think it’s just a group meeting at starbucks and buying coffees haha! But in reality, it’s joe public people comming into starbucks and buying coffee with crypto.

The trick to achieving the impossible, is keeping those who say it can’t be done away from the people who are doing it
aironeous

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:33:32 PM

I don't mean to discourage you but how about we nation wide offer to tip in Electroneum. It will have to be in the less busy ones where the cashier can have time to ask what is that and how do you download it/use it.
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:30:56 PM

No worries,  not much is going to discourage me at this point.  If it's possible,  It's getting done.

And that's not discouraging,  that's a good idea.      You mean simply tip the staff in ETN,   through their smartphones perhaps?

Not actually though the cashier payment terminal?
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:25:16 AM

I think this is actually a great Idea.  Since I'm giving out £10 worth of ETN per customer,  They are going to have change in ETN.     Easy enough to mention they could tip the staff with their ETN change,    And help the staff get Electroneum on their phones so they can accept the tips.
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:23:27 AM

I’ll be looking for volunteers from the community in the North wales area, I will need some extra hands to carry out this Plan if Starbucks does not actively participate.

I’ll have joe public buying Starbucks coffee with ETN one way or another.

I'd prefer people who already know the basics of Crypto,  but if no one volunteers I'll be getting a couple of the people I know up to speed on crypto.
Tipstar

Activity: 1792
Merit: 281

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:37:15 AM

Starbucks is an organization and every of it's branch are it's employees. These employees would never go out of box and out of the company briefing on accepting a random currency. If they did, it's going to the pocket of the person you talk to, not to the branch or starbucks. If you want something be done in starbucks, you should consult the head office.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:52:42 AM

Starbucks is more or less 28,218 branch around the world , and you will see that article on this site (https://www.statista.com/statistics/266465/number-of-starbucks-stores-worldwide/ ). It will be a good opportunity if you've got the Starbucks as your partner. Well everything is possible specially if you provide a good presentation for them. But it will be hard for sure, you need a good strategy and excellent proposal for it. So goodluck folks, if there's a will , there's a way.
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:09:50 AM

Just an Update on progress, I’ve been in contact with the Electroneum team, and the response has been positive, They are going to read the forum post and it’s possible I will have the guidance and support, or at least a little advice from them on how to proceed in a professional manner that will have the best chances of a effective outcome for everyone.

I am also preparing what I will need for a tentative trial I will undertake myself before I have volunteers to move to the next stage.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:34:17 AM

Hello everyone, I've had this Idea for something I've been wishing to do with CryptoCurrency for a long time now, that the Instant Payment system that Electroneum released has made possible.

I'm thinking of seeing if I can approach a starbucks to ask one of them to trial ETN,  and make the long fabled "buy coffee at starbucks with crypto" happen.

🍮 🍩

The Offer being for them to accept ETN instant payments for coffee (And being provided fiat upfront too which I will provide,  incase they are worried about loosing from Crypto Volatility)     So they will get paid twice,   both in Fiat AND crypto

So they would make double what they normally do,   half in fiat half in crypto.....   Incentivizing the Starbucks store in question to put the small amount of effort in to make it happen.                                                            
I can provide both the Fiat and the ETN,  so no risk to them.    

(I might start this very simple at first, £100 per day for a few days,  and ramp it up to something more professional with the communitys help...  I will Provide the starbucks with a laptop setup to accept ETN instant payments for them to use,  until they are able and willing to integrate the API into their existing Terminals(20 minutes work)                                                          

Then have myself or someone else,  either a community volunteer or a Hired PR guy in store with a sign offering people  free coffee for anyone willing to install Electroneum on their phone and accept enough ETN to pay for any of what's on offer,  like £10 worth of ETN.   For them to then go to the counter and buy a coffee in ETN

I'm thinking how to do this properly,   Just thought it would be a good idea to do a  small trial first,  £100 or so worth per day once they get the API on their existing terminals,  just  as a shakedown run.     As you don't want things to go pearshaped when the media might be watching (might tip them off that the fabled "Buying Starbucks coffee with Crypto" is happening).      Then Ramp it up to maybe £500 per day for 4 days.      Spreading it out will likely be more effective.         There's no need to rush this,  I want it done well.        

A single day would just be a flash in the pan,  a freak event.       Where's if you spread it out,  people see it happen,  tell others,  then THEY come and see it and confirm it for themselves.    What do you gentlemen think?                    

I'm up for debate on how to do this in the best way.  And appreciate the feedback and advice,  as It's An Idea I'm genuinely considering carrying out.   I can Provide the £2000 in ETN and Fiat for the entire experiment.      I'd like to get in contact with someone on the team (edit: already in contact now,  and they like the Idea) so I can learn what I need to know to represent ETN in a manner they see as professional,  and in line with how they want ETN to be portrayed.    They along with the community can help organise the planning.              

I can carry out the job myself if needs be,   I'd just appreciate help and advice on how to do it properly,  as I have the drive and the resources,  just not the experience yet.

I'm willing to be the "Pizza Guy"  for this experiment.

Every branch of Starbuck  can pay by crpto?
saaux

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:46:50 AM

wow it's good to know that starbucks will be able to accept the starbucks gn bitcoin, so all foodchain is supposed to be a system to avoid hustle long queues and robust process of buying and paying for our food and drink needs.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:45:04 AM

How about the price fluctuation on the ETN, the app should be able to manage that to right, and also i think it would be hard for starbucks to accept it, if the price of the coins dropping after they received it from customers.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:59:22 AM

Starbucks is an organization and every of it's branch are it's employees. These employees would never go out of box and out of the company briefing on accepting a random currency. If they did, it's going to the pocket of the person you talk to, not to the branch or starbucks. If you want something be done in starbucks, you should consult the head office.

Exactly. You do not just go to an establishment and offer directly to employees. They could get fired if they make a deal on their own.
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:34:24 PM

Indeed, I am Preparing an Email now to send to head office,  I'm taking my time making it,  I'll pass it by the community for the once, Twice and Thrice, over.    And you can make suggestions to help refine it.

Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:40:15 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2018, 12:23:44 PM by Pilchard

I don't mean to discourage you but how about we nation wide offer to tip in Electroneum. It will have to be in the less busy ones where the cashier can have time to ask what is that and how do you download it/use it.

Aironeous This tipping Idea is pretty good and fits into and enhances the main plan perfectly, What’s your ETN address? I’ll Tip you for it,  appropriate no?
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:18:25 PM

Is anyone here familiar with Point of sale software? I want to put together a mobile setup equivalent of this: https://youtu.be/G9kfftkWJy8?t=48

Simplified if possible, requiring only to punch in the amount, then for it to display the QR code.

On 1 screen if possible, but could always plug in another mobile screen.

I’m currently investigating and learning it for myself, but this will be quicker if someone is familiar enough with POS software and ETNs instant payment API to walk me through the process step by step, and direct me to anything I’ll need to buy in order to do it.
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:07:41 PM

Updated the opening post to be more fitting for how things have progressed.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:13:02 PM

This is a really dumb idea considering Starbucks is already planning on accepting Bitcoin as a means of payment. If you want to shill Electroneum with a publicity stunt it should be one that provides a bit of substance, similar to the Bitcoin pizza guy you are imitating.
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:17:21 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 10:04:23 PM by Pilchard

This is a really dumb idea considering Starbucks is already planning on accepting Bitcoin as a means of payment. If you want to shill Electroneum with a publicity stunt it should be one that provides a bit of substance, similar to the Bitcoin pizza guy you are imitating.

And what things of substance would you suggest?     The hallmark of good criticism is being able to provide a better alternative to the parts that are wrong.

If you can help me with this, correct me where I am wrong (and when I'm wrong I wish to be proved so,  so I may become right!),  and I will gladly incorporate your contributions and thank you for them,  that's what community is for.

Besides,  with the One hour payment times,  and extremely high fee.  No one is buying Coffee with bitcoin anytime soon,  and Lightning network is a long long way away,  but that's OK, Bitcoin isn't a transactional currency for little things like groceries and buying coffee. Bitcoin is the Gold standard,  the Store of value Crypto.  It's the gold in Crypto fort nox.

ETN has all the pieces to do what I need it to do,  for this test trial RIGHT now.    And is a legitimate company here in the good old United Kingdom with a doorstep and accountable leadership.
Pilchard (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:01:33 PM

Personally I want All coins to do well,  including any you hold,  there's some great Ideas on this Forum thread about the little easy things you can do to help yours...

Easy little things that everyone can do easily,  and when everyone does them they have a BIG effect.
https://community.electroneum.com/t/topic/5779
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: