Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:09:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction of price due to Satoshi's reveal?  (Read 7097 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:17:46 PM

Governments around the world already suspicious of US motives are not going to be receptive to a currency that was created by a man we now know (sort of) worked for the US Government on secret projects.  It totally validates the Chinese and Russian approach in my opinion and will do nothing to increase adoption. 

Yea I dont think people realize the severity of the situation - even if there is no proof, the suspicion alone is enough to put off many nations from adopting Bitcoin. There is a full blown espionage war on-going right now and I doubt the likes of China/Russia are going to back some technology that has the possible taint of a US government branch involved in it. Also what are all the anti-FED, libertarian, anarchists going to think if their saviour technology is actually birthed by their very enemy. Although I dont expect any link to the US government to be proven in any way so believers will stick their hand in the sand and ignore that inconvenient detail.

If Satoshia did indeed create Bitcoin as a contractor for some government agency, it also explains why he hasn't spoken up about it (NDA) and why he hasn't cashed out at all (the coins don't actually belong to him). The fact that he's broke and has medical problems and still hasn't withdrawn any money is awfully suspicious for me.
Bitcoin could have been created by an autistic Indonesian kid and the NSA would still have been just as involved as they are now. Nothing has changed. I know the price might go down from this, but I refuse to take part in this foolishness.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
cbutters

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:19:56 PM

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George's mom takes advice from a "chinese" woman over the phone to stay married instead of divorcing, but then she actually meets the woman and it is just an american woman with a chinese sounding name... she then discredits the advice because she wasn't "chinese". Cheesy

In other thoughts.... isn't this guy exactly what people expected? Paranoid, highly intelligent japanese american programmer / cryptologist with ties to government projects? I didn't really learn anything new from the article other than his address and the names of his children. (assuming the article is valid)
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:21:23 PM

Well I for one am furious that the shadowy creator of bitcoin, known only by the cryptic identity Satoshi Nakamoto - which was CLEARLY a pseudonym since that's the only thing about him people agree on - actually turned out to be called Satoshi Nakamoto in real life.

This clearly means the protocol is insecure and even if it wasn't I'm still selling all my coins in protest.
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:23:55 PM

Yeah. Much like Internet is an European conspiracy because some of the first protocols has been developed by CERN employees. That's probably why most of the world never adopted it.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:25:39 PM

can anyone link the article
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:26:15 PM

can anyone link the article

Or try Googling it...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:26:32 PM

I'm going to guess it has little effect. It doesn't change anything right?  Huh

It changes everything.  Now bitcoin lacks that crucial cryptocoin property of having an unknown anonymous creator who invented it under his own real name.  See?  Can't you see now why everyone is selling?
Does this make it another stupid alt coin?  Cry

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
cbutters

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:29:33 PM

Its funny how this topic is utter trollbait attracting 80-90% troll responses Tongue  Grin
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

I'm going to guess it has little effect. It doesn't change anything right?  Huh

It changes everything.  Now bitcoin lacks that crucial cryptocoin property of having an unknown anonymous creator who invented it under his own real name.  See?  Can't you see now why everyone is selling?
Does this make it another stupid alt coin?  Cry

Another stupid altcoin? So bitcoin is now an altcoin derived from itself?
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:30:48 PM

Not sure if it will have much of an impact, but the Chinese might not like this story (Japanese guy with possible NSA/CIA connections).

Chinese and Russian government knew this already. Hence why they brought the boot down on Bitcoin. They aren't stupid. They know how it threatens their economies.

Probably most Chinese aren't trading Bitcoin anymore. As zhangwhei stated in one of his excellent posts. Nobody is talking about Bitcoin anymore in China. It is stigmatised. Probably the real Chinese volume is indeed on BTC China and Huobi et al are as Bobby Lee stated, largely fake exchanges, operated for appearances sakes whilst insides off-load BTC they picked up cheap onto USD markets.

i dont believe it. imo he isnt japanese and doesnt live in the us. this story makes no sense at all.....

This story makes no sense at all.........to your flawed paradigm?

there is no evidence in this article. they just write a wall of text and in the end all they have is, that this guy shares the same name.

nevertheless, more people will read about bitcoin, so thats good.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:33:18 PM

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

Not sure if it will have much of an impact, but the Chinese might not like this story (Japanese guy with possible NSA/CIA connections).

Chinese and Russian government knew this already. Hence why they brought the boot down on Bitcoin. They aren't stupid. They know how it threatens their economies.

Probably most Chinese aren't trading Bitcoin anymore. As zhangwhei stated in one of his excellent posts. Nobody is talking about Bitcoin anymore in China. It is stigmatised. Probably the real Chinese volume is indeed on BTC China and Huobi et al are as Bobby Lee stated, largely fake exchanges, operated for appearances sakes whilst insides off-load BTC they picked up cheap onto USD markets.

i dont believe it. imo he isnt japanese and doesnt live in the us. this story makes no sense at all.....

there is no evidence in this article. they just write a wall of text and in the end all they have is, that this guy shares the same name.

In all fairness, there was a good amount of circumstantial evidence. And I really appreciated the incidental touches, like him enjoying toy trains. They make it far less likely it's all fake.
What I really love, though, is that it wasn't some NSA project or a secretive group of anarcho-libertarians. The motivation was that some guy got annoyed because it cost too much to buy toy train spares from England.
bootlace

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:41:33 PM

In all fairness, there was a good amount of circumstantial evidence. And I really appreciated the incidental touches, like him enjoying toy trains. They make it far less likely it's all fake.
What I really love, though, is that it wasn't some NSA project or a secretive group of anarcho-libertarians. The motivation was that some guy got annoyed because it cost too much to buy toy train spares from England.

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever regarding his motivations for starting Bitcoin and both possibilities suggested in the article - a) his home got foreclosed and b) he was annoyed at having to make international transfers to England for this trains - do not convince me one bit. You don't just dedicate several years of your life to this kind of project with that kind of 'motivation'.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
the_sunship

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:41:55 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 05:00:17 PM by the_sunship

If the article is correct, it doesn't surprise me at all if he worked for the us government for a while, and then decided to make a financial tool outside of its controls after its financial meddling in 2008-9. His working with the gov't would give him detailed insights into their techniques of cryptography and hacking - what they can crack and what they can't. Anyway, it seems like someone with his knowledge would know how to make it so the gov't couldn't get their mitts on it. "Know thy enemy" comes to mind. Maybe I'm being a Pollyanna, but I consider it bullish once the shock effect is over.
dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:44:36 PM

If the article is correct, it doesn't surprise me at all if he worked for the us government for a while, and then decided to make a financial tool outside of it's controls after it's financial meddling in 2008-9. His working with the gov't would give him detailed insights into their techniques of cryptography and hacking - what they can crack and what they can't. Anyway, it seems like someone with his knowledge would know how to make it so the gov't couldn't get their mitts on it. "Know thy enemy" comes to mind. Maybe I'm being a Pollyanna, but I consider it bullish once the shock effect is over.

+1

The selling right now is merely everyone looking at the way the flag is flapping in the wind and not the way the wind is blowing.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:45:28 PM

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever regarding his motivations for starting Bitcoin and both possibilities suggested in the article - a) his home got foreclosed and b) he was annoyed at having to make international transfers to England for this trains - do not convince me one bit. You don't just dedicate several years of your life to this kind of project with that kind of 'motivation'.

Well, yes. Clearly, one does not simply create a groundbreaking global, decentralised, secure payment protocol, entirely outside of the control of banks and governments, simply because you are upset that Hornby spares are costing you too much.
I feel the need for a meme.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:47:09 PM

Long term it's bullish, because there are shadier fellows in the board of the foundation than Satoshi.
Short term bearish, because he might have to cash out a sizable amount to protect himself.
However, if the news change some day to 'Satoshi Nakamoto got kidnapped', then the shit will hit the fan.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Solarstorm75

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:50:05 PM

How about this link:

NSA Backdoors and Bitcoin
>>The unbelievable thing is that rather than using secp256r1 like nearly all other applications, Bitcoin uses secp256k1 which uses Koblitz curves instead of pseudorandom curves and is still believed to be secure. Now the decision to use secp256k1 instead of secp256r1 was made by Satoshi. It’s a mystery why he chose these parameters instead of the parameters used by everyone else (the core devs even considered changing it!). Dan Brown, Chairman of the Standards for Efficient Cryptography Group, had this to say about it:

I did not know that BitCoin is using secp256k1. Indeed, I am surprised to see anybody use secp256k1 instead of secp256r1.<<

http://chrispacia.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/nsa-backdoors-and-bitcoin/
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:52:32 PM

Because the US intelligence agencies build cryptographic systems that even they don't have any way of cracking!

Obviously. I mean, if they build back-doors to their cryptographic systems they would tell us right, otherwise that would be dishonest.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:52:51 PM

Well my predictions are people will panic a bit and then won't care any more. This article has more words "suspects" and "maybe" then it should for a "news".

Tomorrow no one will even care any more.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: