Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hypothesis on why I think the real Sotoshi was found  (Read 1899 times)
kthejung (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:53:48 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 04:46:15 PM by kthejung

I think the man they found could really be the creator of bitcoins.  It is possible that he created the project as just a hobby and never expected it to become what it has; he saw no reason to hide his identity.  His age and the nature of his hobbies also contribute to the connection of him to the bitcoin project.  Monetarily speaking, he may have only expected to make enough to retire comfortably.  Many of the world's greatest inventions are accidents and so could be his bitcoin project.

edited in:  Maybe Satoshi wanted the world to acknowledge his genius.  Maybe he wanted to be found out someday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:55:33 PM

I think the man they found could really be the creator of bitcoins.  It is possible that he created the project as just a hobby and never expected it to become what it has; he saw no reason to hide his identity.  His age and the nature of his hobbies also contribute to the connection of him to the bitcoin project.  Monetarily speaking, he may have only expected to make enough to retire comfortably.  Many of the world's greatest inventions are accidents and so could be his bitcoin project.

So you create out of trying to stay hidden yet you put your real name on it? Does not add up dude. Why not found long ago instead of a 2 cent hack from a failed news company?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 02:59:59 PM

For one, why would Satoshi wish to remain anonymous but blatantly use his real name online? It's possible Satoshi is not his real name or he changed his name legally to Satoshi Nakamoto.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

rat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:00:44 PM

it's him.
kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:06:28 PM

I think the man they found could really be the creator of bitcoins.  It is possible that he created the project as just a hobby and never expected it to become what it has; he saw no reason to hide his identity.  His age and the nature of his hobbies also contribute to the connection of him to the bitcoin project.  Monetarily speaking, he may have only expected to make enough to retire comfortably.  Many of the world's greatest inventions are accidents and so could be his bitcoin project.

So you create out of trying to stay hidden yet you put your real name on it? Does not add up dude. Why not found long ago instead of a 2 cent hack from a failed news company?

I think that he could have created the bitcoin project for "fun" and therefore had no reason to hide his identity; he did not predict the meteoric rise of bitcoins value.  Or... maybe it's just a bored, old Japanese guy trying to created some drama for himself by taking false credit (or "not" taking credit in a slick manner).
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:10:24 PM

I've dealt with people like this in the past (brilliant, reclusive, but socially not all there) and they also make mistakes in real life too, or what we would consider mistakes. It would not surprise me to hear that he didn't keep any of the bitcoins he mined himself (as in he deleted his wallet, etc) and to him he would have no regrets because he would rather build model airplanes (or something similar) than be a multimillionaire. The guy who developed dish-tv worked for me at one point, same way. Also, I worked at NASA at one point, brilliant people there, one guy developed a guidance system for missiles and gave it to the government for free because he didn't want to be bothered with any complicated sales process.
kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:17:10 PM

I've dealt with people like this in the past (brilliant, reclusive, but socially not all there) and they also make mistakes in real life too, or what we would consider mistakes. It would not surprise me to hear that he didn't keep any of the bitcoins he mined himself (as in he deleted his wallet, etc) and to him he would have no regrets because he would rather build model airplanes (or something similar) than be a multimillionaire. The guy who developed dish-tv worked for me at one point, same way. Also, I worked at NASA at one point, brilliant people there, one guy developed a guidance system for missiles and gave it to the government for free because he didn't want to be bothered with any complicated sales process.

agreed.  reminds me of all the people who mine for bitcoins for the love of computers and machines rather than purely for profit.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:22:57 PM

From looking at further correspondances from this Dorian Nakamoto his English is not great and his writing style is competely unlike Satoshi's.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:29:28 PM

From looking at further correspondances from this Dorian Nakamoto his English is not great and his writing style is competely unlike Satoshi's.

link?

Has Newsweek been Goxed?
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

I've dealt with people like this in the past (brilliant, reclusive, but socially not all there) and they also make mistakes in real life too, or what we would consider mistakes.

Man, satoshi used Tor all the time. No one uses his real name behind Tor, right?
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:53:21 AM

I've dealt with people like this in the past (brilliant, reclusive, but socially not all there) and they also make mistakes in real life too, or what we would consider mistakes.

Man, satoshi used Tor all the time. No one uses his real name behind Tor, right?

Unless the name would be common i.e. relatively anonymous, like Robert Smith.

But you do have a point, that is rather inconsistent. Pity that we will likely never know ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: