Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:47:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ether is about to rally strongly says Wall Street’s Tom Lee  (Read 352 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:44:42 AM

It appears our bitcoin bull turned bitcoin bagholder is presently one of the speculators who was catching all the ETH that were dumped in the market hehehe.

In any case, I am more optimistic of his predictions on bitcoin than of Ethereum. EOS is holding $4 billion in ETH. Other ICOs hold more than $100 million in ETH combined. That would be too hard for the ETH market, I reckon.

The last four out of four times it lagged its peers that badly, by two standard deviations, Lee said ether saw a “major trend reversal.”

“We believe Ethereum is about to stage a trend reversal and rally strongly,” Lee, managing partner and head of research at Fundstrat Global Advisors, said in a note to clients Thursday.

Lee meanwhile “believes sentiment is currently overly negative on ETH.” While it has underperformed its peers by two standard deviations, Lee said that’s “a sign of capitulation.”

The former J.P. Morgan Chief Equity Strategist said the cryptocurrency was “dogged” by a heavy supply being sold from EOS, which built its platform on ethereum then switched it to its own new token. Lee also highlighted questions about its blockchain technology’s road-map and “panic selling” by ICO teams.

Read in full http://www.cryptoquicknews.com/beaten-down-cryptocurrency-ether-is-about-to-rally-strongly-says-wall-streets-tom-lee/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:44:59 AM

Tom Lee is a smart analyst. In any case, not just Ethereum but most cryptos are very oversold and will go up hard on any good news or other reason.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:14:09 AM

I would not be surprised but essential improvements aren't here just yet on the technological side but they are on their way at which point you may be able to expect an increase in value

It has recently been oversold which is obvious and is still in that range so investing would not be an unwise move

gelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:37:54 AM

This is not surprising when the ripple shook  positions. It is clear that you need to take active action and further development and modernization will be the right step to cut off a lot of competitors.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:31:38 AM

I hope Tom Lee predictions don't miss and can happen soon.

“panic selling” by ICO teams.
I was so confused to see the developers, why did they panic sell? Ridiculous, even though they themselves use the ethereum platform, that means they believe.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:31:20 AM

I was so confused to see the developers, why did they panic sell? Ridiculous, even though they themselves use the ethereum platform, that means they believe.

I don't know why people are only concerned about the sellers but the buyers are also disappearing, if people can buy Ether at $1000 why are then not willing to buy it when is now $200. What do people expect in a competitive market. I think it would be difficult to see Ether again at $500

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:40:58 AM

I agree with him. The crypto market is oversold and almost everyone is pessimistic. Most of the ICOs have already dumped their Ethereum and it seems that the market is dead. It is a good opportunity to buy cheap ETH and wait for the rebound.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:16:34 AM

we are very close to the point when the whales of ethereum eventually stop shorting it and start their reversal to finally start pumping it again but right now i don't see any signs of them anywhere in the market. for now they are either pumping other altcoins and enjoying the profits (ENJ, GAS, ETN for example that got pumped recently) or they are shorting ETH and enjoying the monetary gains that it is giving them.

not to mention that at this point there are a lot of bag holders and ICO tokens that are waiting for even a small recovery to dump and recover a small part of the large losses they have sustained so far.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:23:38 AM

I think statements like this are made as much to encourage a price move as to actually predict one, so I don't take that much notice really.
However ETH does look low relative to other crypto projects, and plenty of people (myself included) wouldn't be surprised to see a price rise.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:53:10 PM

i think Tom Lee is starting to say what people want to hear!

you can clearly see from the topics about ethereum for the past couple of months that people are getting too desperate for an ETH pump and they believe anything at this point that you tell them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:00:51 PM

i think Tom Lee is starting to say what people want to hear!

you can clearly see from the topics about ethereum for the past couple of months that people are getting too desperate for an ETH pump and they believe anything at this point that you tell them.

sounds about right. Desperation can get people to believe anything they need to believe to feel better about their situation. I hope he is right but I also think he is just saying what people wants to hear. good marketing strategy.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:05:36 PM

I don't know why people are only concerned about the sellers but the buyers are also disappearing, if people can buy Ether at $1000 why are then not willing to buy it when is now $200. What do people expect in a competitive market. I think it would be difficult to see Ether again at $500
The answer is quite simple because they have been wasting a lot of their money to buy ethereum when it was around $1k that doesn't make sense to put more money when you are in the big lost due to the bearish trend of the cryptocurrency itself. it will be so difficult consider about the bitcoin is so stable right now because it was following bitcoin,

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:02:13 PM

The answer is quite simple because they have been wasting a lot of their money to buy ethereum when it was around $1k that doesn't make sense to put more money when you are in the big lost due to the bearish trend of the cryptocurrency itself. it will be so difficult consider about the bitcoin is so stable right now because it was following bitcoin,
and also the incident when the eth price falls to $ 190 can be an adverse effect on investors, there is little fear to buy the current price

fassadlr

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

I really can not believe the words of the Wall Street Journal. There are a lot of people who invest in securities that go bankrupt because of the rumors of these giants. I think we should believe in ourselves better. Grin
acsalles

Activity: 343
Merit: 11

Rangers.Protocol

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:35:58 PM

ya. after 1 years I see many ICO buy a post on Forbes very easy so I think WSJ maybe the same type as Forbes

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:57:56 PM

I do hope it's true. With a big price crash on ETH and because of the negative feedbacks from traders on its slow transaction yet big transaction fees, some new to crypto were in doubt to buy lots of Ethereum. We need new investors, traders and users to pump up ETHEREUM price.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:00:02 PM

It appears our bitcoin bull turned bitcoin bagholder is presently one of the speculators who was catching all the ETH that were dumped in the market hehehe.

In any case, I am more optimistic of his predictions on bitcoin than of Ethereum. EOS is holding $4 billion in ETH. Other ICOs hold more than $100 million in ETH combined. That would be too hard for the ETH market, I reckon.

The last four out of four times it lagged its peers that badly, by two standard deviations, Lee said ether saw a “major trend reversal.”

“We believe Ethereum is about to stage a trend reversal and rally strongly,” Lee, managing partner and head of research at Fundstrat Global Advisors, said in a note to clients Thursday.

Lee meanwhile “believes sentiment is currently overly negative on ETH.” While it has underperformed its peers by two standard deviations, Lee said that’s “a sign of capitulation.”

The former J.P. Morgan Chief Equity Strategist said the cryptocurrency was “dogged” by a heavy supply being sold from EOS, which built its platform on ethereum then switched it to its own new token. Lee also highlighted questions about its blockchain technology’s road-map and “panic selling” by ICO teams.

Read in full http://www.cryptoquicknews.com/beaten-down-cryptocurrency-ether-is-about-to-rally-strongly-says-wall-streets-tom-lee/

I agreed with the whole review but some facts are not true. As I see recently the richest ICO wallets do not sell any ETH on this dump. No panic sell exist. But tons of FUD were. And many articles with negative also were. And today's correction is a simple 'rising sun' of ETH again. Try to learn how many innovations will plan. That's why I don't have doubt about ETH price
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:53:00 PM

The question is whether it is a capitulation of ETH or the whole market... If the market goes deeper then also ETH won't get much of an upside movement...
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:03:08 PM

There are so many predictions about price and future of ETH but at the moment price of ETH is still really low so I don't think one more prediction about price of ETH will help ETH rise back quickly although it's a prediction of famous people in this world. I don't care about prediction, I just care about what I can see everyday on Coinmarketcap and from the price chart

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████