Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:12:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many Blockchain conferences!  (Read 252 times)
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:22:59 PM

It seems that organizing conferences are the newest route to earn money. With the mood bearish, and ETH trading low, ICOs are finding it difficult to get participants to part with their ETH for a new Token. Not to say that these conferences are of no use. There are quite a few that really are educative. Many however are only trying to lure the Founders with promises of introduction to Investors.

I don't understand what the conclusion about too many blockchain conferences is based on. Probably just for subjective reasons. Such events do not take place in one place, they are divided into different countries, I do not think that they are very much. Of course, many projects want to cheat, but honest projects also need to somehow collect funding.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:30:33 PM

It seems that organizing conferences are the newest route to earn money. With the mood bearish, and ETH trading low, ICOs are finding it difficult to get participants to part with their ETH for a new Token. Not to say that these conferences are of no use. There are quite a few that really are educative. Many however are only trying to lure the Founders with promises of introduction to Investors.

I don't understand what the conclusion about too many blockchain conferences is based on. Probably just for subjective reasons. Such events do not take place in one place, they are divided into different countries, I do not think that they are very much. Of course, many projects want to cheat, but honest projects also need to somehow collect funding.
OP was thinking if these icos are creating conference for money purpose. So many icos have been doin their own conferences to attract more investors to join in their crowdsale dude.
When the conference will be doing by an ico after the crowdsale and it's to attract the buyers. But only a few conferences that created by competence blockchain team.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:32:29 PM

As long as they're getting participants, who cares? They're trying to spread the word about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, so why not encourage them to do so? However, if they're just obvious money grabs with no additional value, these should not be encouraged.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:10:40 PM

You are right in your post, I could add that the conferences are also useful to show projects with the idea of recognition and expansion.

In these conferences, the organizers also perform carry out competitions among the projects to measure the level of preference and audience, which is positive for the development of the participating projects.

We must be aware that these projects that achieve with the hard work of their developers offer us their products to solve existing problems and are created for the growth of the crypto-enthusiastic community and support blockchain advances.

As well as the participation of projects that take advantage of the Blockchain boom and in the end show us that they were not so successful and it is the negative experience that we have seen in some them.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:17:32 PM

OP was thinking if these icos are creating conference for money purpose. So many icos have been doin their own conferences to attract more investors to join in their crowdsale dude.
When the conference will be doing by an ico after the crowdsale and it's to attract the buyers. But only a few conferences that created by competence blockchain team.

ICOs creating conferences or attending conferences? What I have seen is ICOs teams going to conferences organized to talk about the blockchain in general, which are quite interesting when it comes to making cryptocurrencies known to a wider audience.
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:21:23 PM

It seems to me that events of this kind, on the contrary, have become much smaller compared to last year. After all, interest in cryptocurrency has fallen sharply after the bitcoin price has fallen.
Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:23:12 PM

It is always that way with any type of business with investors, this practice is also widely used in startups for networking, in the end, the main utility is to know the right people who are willing to invest in your project, there's nothing wrong with that, of course, if the ICO is good willing a legitimate.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:28:35 PM

yes, but what is even worse is that the theme discussed at the conference is always the same thing, only the difference is probably the person who delivered it and how they delivered it. they always give advice about the benefits of using blockchain, crypto and also promoting the ICO and the projects they are running or following

pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:30:51 AM

In terms of marketing, conferences is a great help in order to scatter the world and to the other ICO projects about your projects, and from then on, you can find partnerships with other ICO projects as well, it is part of the marketing arms of the so called blockchain business.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:46:02 AM

I thought am the only one seeing it like this. The funny thing about most of these conferences is that they are not really adding any tangible value to the industry, they are just using them to get money from ICO founders through their sales pitch.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 09:47:44 AM

I think it's okay to see the best projects be showcased. Maybe they can earn attention and support with that.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:52:18 AM

I think the conference got the bright side, I agree that most of the conferences only want to advertise and lure investors in their project but not all of them are focus on the project some of them really gives the knowledge of blockchain and how it may be used for the future, I think we can get a lot of knowledge of lesson by joining multiple conference and not all the project in the conferences are bad
terrific

Activity: 2170
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:56:00 AM

Conferences aren't meant to be like what you are thinking.
This makes the adoption and increases the popularity of crypto's.
Educating the people about what crypto is beneficial of and what will people get through it.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:57:35 AM

There is nothing new about people making presenations in front of investors. Companies doing IPO's or other offerings have been doing it for years. When I worked as a Stockbroker you could go to one every day and still miss some. The difference is that the old way was to invite the brokers who would then recommend the investment to retail investors. With Cryptocurrency there are no brokers so they need to make the appeal directly to investors.

Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

Some ICO wannabes are using those blockchain conferences just to say that they are somehow interesting and to be called promising where in fact, they are just a guess and dont even introduce their project. Those conferences are just for pictures to be added on their website. Well, fhere are still some advantages of attending blockchain conferences like how to develop their project better and to get more investors.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: