Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies?  (Read 4006 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:51:22 PM

Well the first rumor says it already. If by any chance Vitalik died then it will sent shock wave to Ethereum holders and for sure they're going to panic and immediately push the sell button. It's going to be a nightmare for Lubin (co-founder) to carry on the legacy of Vitalik and see that Ethereum can survived without Vitalik Buterin. Leaders really do matter in this market, and with enigmatic presence, Vitalik is very hard to emulate and if someone took his place it going to be difficult. Just like when Steve Jobs untimely demise.

Yes. That's what I've thought in the first place. Just like Apple with Steve Jobs' death, I believe that the same thing will happen with Ethereum. Apple has never been the same, after Steve Jobs' death (although it's still alive and apparently successful), and Ethereum could probably become the same thing as it lacks a true leader that would head the direction of development the right way.

But who knows? Perhaps, Ethereum would be able to live on its own just like Bitcoin without a leader. When this happens, then people would not be focused on a single person, but instead on all contributors of the network. This would make it much more decentralized than what it is right now, as the community guides Ethereum every step of the way.

Nonetheless, I hope that Vitalik stays alive and active on the Ethereum project for a long time, as his ideas would greatly shape the cryptocurrency for the greater good. Smiley

Just like I said, Ethereum will suffer, can go to 2 digits (worst case scenario). As Ethereum for me is also like Bitcoin now, a speculative assets that every news whether its positive or negative has a drastic effect on the price.

That could happen due to fear from investors within the cryptocurrency market. After Vitalik dies, the whole crypto community will panic, but it'll be temporary as prices start rising again. But yes, news either negative or positive will have a huge effect over a cryptocurrency's price within a short time period. It's something natural from crypto land, but what's most important is to have patience and keep hodling. Wink

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 11:16:39 PM

I suspect it will take a really big hit if he does die, I mean without megamind behind the project, surely it's not going to be a strong right?

I don't think we're at any risk of that though, and it's not like it's a one man job, there are tens of thousands of people who worked together to make Ethereum as popular as it is today.

Sifon

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:20:37 PM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

As it's typical with cryptocurrencies and their reaction to bad news, the price of ETH will crash and will only recover if there's a successor in place. But overall, should such occur, the project will suffer severely
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:27:03 PM

I suspect it will take a really big hit if he does die, I mean without megamind behind the project, surely it's not going to be a strong right?

I don't think we're at any risk of that though, and it's not like it's a one man job, there are tens of thousands of people who worked together to make Ethereum as popular as it is today.

that's the initial impact - eth price will crash but if the platform is really solid, they will rise again. that scenario had happened to others already, like a good example which others already brought up - steve jobs of apple. if vitalik built the eth platform in a solid foundation, there's nothing to worry about.
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:29:45 PM

If vitalik die as long as he has been creating the ethereum roadmap and the proffesional team can take over his job. but a lot of people are thinking about ethereum has created only by vitalik and where is alex dan others?

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:32:47 PM

No one knows where Satoshi is but BTC is one of the best coins ever created. ETH has been accepted by many and it has gotten roots in the crypto market and I think there is no way ETH will fail if Vitalik dies.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:41:10 PM

If Vitalik Buterin truly died anything can happen to Ethereum only if the team couldn't give the cryptocurrency community what the Ethereum market lack. However, I believe the rumour of the die of Vitalik was the genuine reason behind the Ethereum market dump in price because the project was facing the problem of scalability which the team are yet to fix and this is what I believed it affected Ethereum price.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
halpi

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 12:07:50 AM

Ethereum is not only Vitaliy Buterin, there are a lot of interested investors, that won`t let Ethereum to die. Of course this news will affect the price, but it will recover. Ethereum is the best created blockchain

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 12:14:18 AM

I think initially it would crash the markets, but they would recover. He's very important to Ethereum and to the crypto space as a whole. But there will still be a large collection of developers and supporters pushing ETH forward without him around.

bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:15:35 AM

The founders of successful companies in the world were most likely some of them had died long time ago. But, the legacy they left lives on and continually growing. These founders didn't succeed alone, they had teams to build. The standards they had setup are already in place. Same thing with ethereum. Ethereum blockchain is one of the most effective blockchain that can revolutionize significant processes in the current system. Whatever happens, ethereum will be there in the future.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:08:35 AM

it can be happen to any founder of any project. also i have seen ownership changes of projects but still going well. so i think ETH will be still fine even if he dies. anyway  do not hope so. he is young and rich. atleast he will live another 30 years from now

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
marufnang

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:42:14 AM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes
I don't really think so, cause if one system already created then there is no way it will get affected if something is missing or leaving.
That system will be going on just fine.
cattano

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:23:33 AM

Even though Vitalik is the founding father of ETH, doesn't means that when ever he leave then ETH will also fall. ETH already stand firm for this long, that means being left by it's inventor will not make it crumble and fall.
limtjoehua

Activity: 216

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:30:16 AM

if ethereum finds a substitute that has the same intelligence as a vitalik, then ethereum can survive. but if not, maybe ethereum will fall and become another shitcoin.

but the biggest possibility is that the team from ethereum will continue to try and work to make ethereum better and not dependent on vitalik.

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
FurDich

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:45:05 AM

I dont think so, even if the creator dies. the creation will still go on as long as people needs it. the coins will keep on circulating.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:47:09 AM

The death of developer will caused the price to go down, especially a big project like eth, it will crash severely, when the developer gone then the project could have difficulty to grow, that will be the main reason for the investors to take out their funds and buy other coin, even if they found another substitute, it will take time to make the investors trust back to invest
Jordens

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:00:52 AM

Of course there will be a fall and maybe even the loss of a top spot on the list. But after replacing the manager, he will still remain a stable coin, due to the demand and dedicated investors who have invested for the long term.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:07:58 AM

Isn't the point of having something being decentralised is that it bypases a single point of failure? Having seen how the price of Etherum reacts every time Vitalik makes an ill conceived statement I am convinced the project would do better with somebody else leading it.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:16:51 AM

This is not a change or a setback for eth, eth has many people behind it who will continue to grow up and give people confidence. Maybe there will be a slight temporary change in the price but it won't last long.

hdtqisg

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:25:26 AM

Bitcoin is not dead when Satoshi Nakamoto is still anonymous! Vitalik is the foundation, the development of ETH not only due to Vitalik. By the community and its practical application!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: