Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:43:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies?  (Read 4004 times)
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 07:08:43 AM

I'm not sure if ETH's Viatil will collapse.
we have to see first about the successor of Vitalik, are there any future generations or not?
If there is, then I'm not worried at all.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OTC

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:38:13 PM

There's no doubt that vitalik has contributed a lot into ethereum. However, ethereum will not fail even if vitalik dies. Ethereum will continue to survive. It has a great potential.

BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:55:42 PM

Vitalik was the mind behind ethereum, however, it was created by a team of professionals, not by Vitalik alone. So, I think ethereum will still survive even if Vatalik dies one day. It can still be developed and improved by the team. It depends on the ethereum supporters whether they will panic sell just because Vitalik is gone or not.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:05:13 PM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

The Ethereum blockchain programs development was the hand work of a team of blockchain experts including Vitalik Buterin, and it's an open source, I don't think Vitalik death alone only one among the team could cause a major drop on the price of Ethereum because vitalik Buterin name has no demand and supply functions which are the determinants of crypto market price.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:11:25 PM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes
Your question is similar to "will the price of bitcoin drop when satoshi nakamoto leaves the project?"
I think not. As long as the project he creates has its own qualities and uniqueness that can benefit people, then the project will still be in the hearts of people. There may even be a next successor who will replace Vitalik if he dies.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:23:51 PM

The discussion about this might be one of the most viral for crypto currencies, because we know that Vitalik is the most important behind the success of Ethereum, but I feel that even if he dies or withdraws from Ethereum, it will no longer have an impact , I've seen him in an interview and he said that Ethereum will remain strong even without him.

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
dashayana

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 05:55:16 PM

If Vitalik's death is true, I don't think it will have much effect on Eth. I'm sure Vitalik has thought about all that. He must have prepared and appointed a team to continue in Eth's development if he later died. And he is sure will pass on to their children to continue what he has built. That way, I'm sure Eth will last even more.

▐| CRUXCOIN.IO |▌  THE HEART OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES
▐|▌THE FIRST CRYPTOCURRENCY WITH 3 IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS▐|▌
nianastasia62

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:53:27 PM

Honestly a very weird thing to discuss but logical because human physiology is undeniable ! I Think it will weaken the position but once we know the name of the new Director the price will rise ! Such a giant should always have an influential representative !

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
bitcoin.clakr

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:56:32 PM

I do not believe that ETH will die at the same time as its main developer. It seems to me that this system is independent and will be able to develop without the first founders.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:59:58 PM

vitalik is the main factor in ethereum's raise. nobody can say the opposite. he is clever and enough active in the ecosystem. i dont think the project dies aswell if vitalik dies but it loose so much strength for sure.

turn the page
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:02:34 PM

If Vitalik dies, I think it shouldn't have serious effect on the architecture and protocol of ethereum since ethereum is open source and well decentralized platform, I believe development will continue and ethereum platform will keep getting better!

Quitthis

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:04:00 PM

Apple did not fail. Eth won't
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 08:08:02 PM

I think that in such a scenario, ether will have an initial dump in price but then it will recover. The Ethereum platform will go on regardless of the founder. It's a foundation with many developers working there.
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:10:49 PM

I doubt his death news will affect ethereum on the long run because he has set up a foundational institute to desearch and development of Ethereum. So ethereum will actually become his legacy to the free world and it will grow from strength because structures have already be designed and put in place to enable steady growth

Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:14:09 PM

I don't think so. Any alternate coin should not be dependent on just one guy. It made no sense if it does as crypto currency should be available to anyone. Monopoly shouldn't be practice on any form of investment and crypto is not an exemption. Also, if Vitalik dies, I believe that his assets are already set to be transferred to any person he desired.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Antiplus999

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:14:20 PM

If Vitalik dies, I think it shouldn't have serious effect on the architecture and protocol of ethereum since ethereum is open source and well decentralized platform, I believe development will continue and ethereum platform will keep getting better!
The only problem is that such news can greatly affect the price of the token, and then spend some time recovering the price. What is not good for the project as a whole.
batkaMahno

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:15:28 PM

I think this event will be very negative for the price of Ether. Usually, people are keenly reacting to similar events in the world of cryptocurrencies.

HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:16:02 PM

i don't think so now we have a very powerful ethereum alliance in place ethereum now is the most powerful crypto ecosystem in the space that relay the real world and the blockchain
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:40:56 AM

I will use Bitcoin as an example- you hear about Satoshi Nakamoto but you haven’t seen him or know where he is, neither do you know if he’s alive or not, but bitcoin is still up and running and has been succeeding more than it has done since the time it was created. Bitcoin has been able to do all that without Satoshi being around to handle all that, so I think what matters most is the team that Vitalik has setup.
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:53:02 AM

I think tension will rise on the market. If this happen, some will lose confident on ethereum since they know that Vitalik is the head and aource of its idea and some will not believe if someone else continue to develop the project. But those are simple minded people. Of course Vitalik have some team who know the sequencr ofthe project and porbably well orient already of the future plans which in case this kind of event happen.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: