Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Decentralized Exchange out there?  (Read 496 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:37:21 PM

What's the best decentralized exchange in existence today? Is it Bitshares, CryptoBridge, or another DEX? I'm wondering about this since I want to trade in a DEX with the most liquidity and performance to exchange various cryptocurrencies. Last time, I've used EtherDelta DEX for exchanging some ERC-20 tokens back into Ethereum, but it was quite slow and unresponsive. This shows that DEXs are still in their very beginnings, as they can't scale to thousands of orders per second.

Nonetheless, which decentralized exchange do you think it's best? I would like to know your thoughts about this. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:14:41 PM

You can try using forkdelta decentralized exchange which is a fork of etherdelta exchange. Forkdelta exchange is faster in response but little bit different interface with respect to etherdelta. Also, you can give a try to IDEX decentralized exchange very easy to use with user-friendly interface. You can only trade ETH or ERC-20 token on these exchanges.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:30:41 PM

What's the best decentralized exchange in existence today? Is it Bitshares, CryptoBridge, or another DEX? I'm wondering about this since I want to trade in a DEX with the most liquidity and performance to exchange various cryptocurrencies. Last time, I've used EtherDelta DEX for exchanging some ERC-20 tokens back into Ethereum, but it was quite slow and unresponsive. This shows that DEXs are still in their very beginnings, as they can't scale to thousands of orders per second.

Nonetheless, which decentralized exchange do you think it's best? I would like to know your thoughts about this. Smiley

It really depends what coins you're looking to trade. They all have limited markets, whether because they are ETH/ERC based, or because only so many coins have been listed by developers.

Theoretically, CryptoBridge is more robust than Bitshares exchanges because it uses a distributed network of gateways. In practice, its performance is pretty disappointing. I've used Forkdelta and Etherdelta to accumulate ERC-20 tokens but......meh. I've heard good things about the prospects for Radar Relay, but I can't say I'm familiar with it and I don't think there's much liquidity.

We're definitely still in the very early stages.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:56:41 PM

If I had to choose some, I would go with CryptoBridge, IDEX, they have bigger trading volume, and more supported coins. We're still in early stages but I believe that atomic swaps is what's going to make decentralized exchanges thrive.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:59:24 PM

Etherdelta is really slow and unresponsive exchange, I left using this exchange from the beginning of this year. But You can use Etherdelta fork exchange called Forkdelta. This is fast enough and easy to exchange ERC20 Coins. In my view, The best Decentralized Exchngaer is Idex. Idex is being very popular recent days, Idex is very safe too. I have never felt safe in other decentralized exchange than Idex. You may try there.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:08:22 PM

All of the decentralized exchanges are in the same situation, all very slow. One of the biggest problems of our day is that the decentralized exchanges are very few and useless. Accordingly, many traders are forced to use the central exchange.
Also, I'm hesitant about their being decentralized. I am not sure which hacking incident, but I have read that IDEX blocked the account that wanted to sell hacking coins. In this case is it decentralized?
kidflash

Activity: 215
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:14:15 PM

I think IDEX is the best-decentralized exchange. Because has been more than 400 cryptocurrencies/crypto assets listed on it. And then you can also use IDEX with MetMask or Ledger Nano S like wallets to further strengthen your security while using this exchange.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 11:45:03 PM

Etherdelta is really slow and unresponsive exchange, I left using this exchange from the beginning of this year. But You can use Etherdelta fork exchange called Forkdelta. This is fast enough and easy to exchange ERC20 Coins. In my view, The best Decentralized Exchngaer is Idex. Idex is being very popular recent days, Idex is very safe too. I have never felt safe in other decentralized exchange than Idex. You may try there.

Either fork or ether is not good and so hassle to see their slowness and it gives me headache from time to time trading at them way back before and for now I prefer to use IDEX since they are more faster compare to those shitty exchange and they are also have a great volume which forkdelta and etherdelta don't have for now.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:59:37 PM

You can try using forkdelta decentralized exchange which is a fork of etherdelta exchange. Forkdelta exchange is faster in response but little bit different interface with respect to etherdelta. Also, you can give a try to IDEX decentralized exchange very easy to use with user-friendly interface. You can only trade ETH or ERC-20 token on these exchanges.

ForkDelta is quite fast compared to ETHDelta but being a fork of the original ETHDelta decentralized exchange, I'm afraid that it would suffer the same issues in order processing speeds over time as people begin to use it at a large scale. The IDEX exchange is quite new to me and doesn't have much liquidity AFAIK. But, if it's fast enough to handle my ETH to token trades, then it'll be quite worth it. I'm also looking to trade crypto-to-crypto, not only limited to ETH-to-tokens trades. Since decentralized exchanges are nearly beginning to emerge, I believe that it would take a couple of years from now before they become as popular as centralized exchanges. Smiley

It really depends what coins you're looking to trade. They all have limited markets, whether because they are ETH/ERC based, or because only so many coins have been listed by developers.

Theoretically, CryptoBridge is more robust than Bitshares exchanges because it uses a distributed network of gateways. In practice, its performance is pretty disappointing. I've used Forkdelta and Etherdelta to accumulate ERC-20 tokens but......meh. I've heard good things about the prospects for Radar Relay, but I can't say I'm familiar with it and I don't think there's much liquidity.

We're definitely still in the very early stages.

Yes. These are still the very early days of decentralized exchanges. However, I'm amazed how quick they've advanced in handling scalability issues, via the use of different blockchain networks that are much more scalable than Ethereum right now. I've tried CryptoBridge and it's quite fast, but it lacks liquidity just like most DEXs out there. Centralized exchanges are still in the lead I'm afraid, and until people realize that such services are highly manipulated by governments and their funds are at risk, they won't switch to a decentralized alternative anytime soon due to the high liquidity centralized exchanges provide.

In my case, I'm looking to trade Ethereum to tokens, as well as, any other cryptocurrency (like Bitcoin) to another cryptocurrency. Perhaps, with atomic swaps, things would be much easier, but until that happens, then it's up to DEXs to improve in scalability and liquidity for them to become extremely popular.

In the meantime, my choices for decentralized trading are Bitshares, CryptoBridge, and IDEX. Unless there's a better DEX out there with instant speeds, those would be my top choices for now. One DEX I'm looking forward to is EOSFinex. This one will live on the EOS blockchain, which would be superior to other DEXs simply because EOS is much more scalable than any other smart contract platform I know of. Cool

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:33:42 AM

Idex is better. They have proper connectivity options with the ether wallet. Mostly you can use Ledger, MEW, and Metamask to connect instantly and have your coins accessible via Idex market. They have very much simple user interface and it does look like very clean. Also I am suggesting it for one more reason, its more or less far secure than the other Dex sites out there because they are not having straightforward accessibility towards the private keys owned wallets. Lets not forget that IDEX also is very popular and having lot of volume which is not seen always on a decentralised wallets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:28:01 AM

Infact, i will never use etherdelta and forkdelta because both are same in design and user interface with much lacking public interest and very confusing functions, also not secure because they ask you for private key.
I use binance and livecoin but as you are looking for decentralized exchange, you can wait for other's replies and see if someone has better suggestion for you

apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:16:16 AM

In my opinion one of the good decentralized exchange is Waves Platform, in that exchange we can trade not only tokens based on waves blockchain but also others coin like BTC,  DASH,  ZEC etc.

mweezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:41:42 AM

to me i think idex i my best decentralized exchange since the very first day i was introduce into cryptocurrency i got to know idex duo it has a minimum and maximum trade but i still prefer it because i have really earn allot there.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:03:37 AM

Infact, i will never use etherdelta and forkdelta because both are same in design and user interface with much lacking public interest and very confusing functions, also not secure because they ask you for private key.
I use binance and livecoin but as you are looking for decentralized exchange, you can wait for other's replies and see if someone has better suggestion for you

Yeah plus one mate, they are very worst in their user interface. Literally first time when I ended up on the ether delta then I did not even found proper functions and buttons to proceed further. I did not even understand how to open up the wallet and I was very scared about sending my private key with their functions.
I am not sure how many of you use them but for me its like giving away my private keys to them. I know there has to be function which will not disclose our keys to them but what if someday there comes in phishing link and you just enter the private keys into it. Thats why I dont like them. Its better to use centralised exchangers as you dont have to worry about your private kets except the passwords.  Grin
sandaru

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:46:09 AM

This is a common and frequent question most of the people are asking and it is very important as well. According to my experience i have used etherdelta and Dex. Out of them etherdelta takes a lot of time our trade to be processed and it is and uncomfortable thing. But in case of Dex it is not like that and it gives us a satisfactory service out there.
learntonoob
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

FinanceX Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 10:47:24 AM

anyone from Southeast Asia knows INDODAX? I heard about an exhcange that can be a competitor with that in this link: http://www.iconewsmedia.com/2018/09/financex-is-indodaxs-new-competitor-as.html?m=1
What do you think? I am thinking of using that instead of Binance

herfie.chen

Activity: 672

simply getting the job done

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:34:05 PM

I am use IDEX and i think that is the best decentralized exchange i have ever used if compared another decentralized exchange and much better than Etherdelta.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
gatilocoin

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:32:27 PM

Stellarx someone tested already?
cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

As my practice has shown, this exchange IDEX is not decentralized. There were problems with trading when I wanted to buy tokens at a low price, but the tokens were suddenly blocked for some reason! Etherdelta in my opinion the most practical of all!
gatilocoin

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

As my practice has shown, this exchange IDEX is not decentralized. There were problems with trading when I wanted to buy tokens at a low price, but the tokens were suddenly blocked for some reason! Etherdelta in my opinion the most practical of all!

I use IDEX 7 months, there were no problems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: