Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:29:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia shitcoin purge - boom 17 coins gone for good.  (Read 118 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:39:36 PM

So let's be honest a large % of those were junk.

Not sure about the instant freeze of markets upon announce... is that better than giving people a week of trading grace or greater like bittrex do?  

Also I don't see them being replaced with anything other total dogshit ico tokens that will sink to zero within a few months. To be fair that is all there are these days anyway in the way of new "projects"

Better to leave the older POW fairly mined coins on there if possible. They at least are more in the trustless and decentralised spirit.

If you were on holiday for a month you could come back and your shit has been flushed for you.

Good exchange for the most part really but not sure about the instant freeze upon announce though. I like picking up the panic dirt for 1 or 2 sats after a panic delisting and finding another exchange to sell for 20-50 later on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:45:57 PM

Binance did same thing for about three coins yesterday or so.

https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017720731

Cryptopia did a cleansing I think Grin. The crypto world is the wild wild west. You wake up one day and investments gone down the drain!
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:51:36 PM

Cryptopia did a cleansing I think Grin. The crypto world is the wild wild west. You wake up one day and investments gone down the drain!

Yep the only winners are the ico teams and the exchanges and the lucky few that time their pump and dumps

Icos extract dumb btc from people they are forced to hand a big chunk to exchanges to get listed then gradually use all the "development funds " before starting a new project under different names or companies

then exchanges delist and it all starts over again.

Nice.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:33:55 PM

Yep the only winners are the ico teams and the exchanges and the lucky few that time their pump and dumps

Icos extract dumb btc from people they are forced to hand a big chunk to exchanges to get listed then gradually use all the "development funds " before starting a new project under different names or companies

Nice.

That is the most sad part of story that investor are not winner, I do not think these SCAM ICO wait for delist, they will start new scam once the coin is listed. listing boost the price, they have sold out at that price raising more capital for doing another scam.

Sadly, I also have one of the delisted shit coin.(XRY)

I am alive
Jackolantern

Activity: 321
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:35:59 PM

I like crypto and think that the digital money is the best way to gain profit. To my mind, it is better to invest in btc because it is the most powerful coin and we will be able to earn much on it

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:04:26 PM

Nice.

This is the exact reason a lot of enthusiasts including myself are losing faith in ICOs. Just when you thought that the current bears market will purge the shit coins and projects from the system, they still remain and it's sad to see that these guys get to launch yet another shit project and sell tokens just raise BTC and ETH again, list on exchanges..months down the line, exchange delist for lack of dev commitment to the project. Rinse and Repeat
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:20:21 PM

They have so much shitcoins without any daily trade volume that they would need 10 purges like this to clear all of that. But for prostitutes like they are, and still listing any shitcoin for reasonable price, they would never be respectable exchange for me.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:29:07 PM

They have so much shitcoins without any daily trade volume that they would need 10 purges like this to clear all of that. But for prostitutes like they are, and still listing any shitcoin for reasonable price, they would never be respectable exchange for me.

They have a reputation for listing just any coin that foots their billing. This is one reason I do not reckon with them. When a respectable exchange like Binance delists a coin, you know they definitely are below par. Cryptopia can delist all the coins on their platform, I still don't rate them
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:39:00 PM

To be fair to cryptopia (whom have been very reliable over the years actually) and very fast to fix most issues.

You will sadly find that many listed by binanace will in time be ever larger btc blackholes than the ones on cryptopia

There are simply only one type of new projects arriving here = shit token icos that 99% of the time have no real talent base other than marketing teams dressing up their failed start ups as crypto projects banking on the crypto fomo bringing them investment that they could not get elsewhere.

All exchanges are only adding new ico project because that is all there is now and these will never be trustless and therefore open to abuse.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: