Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing Bitcoin - What age group should be the ideal target group?  (Read 564 times)
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:13:14 PM

I think that we should focus not on a certain age category, but on people who are interested in and understand technology. And it can be people of very different ages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Urbinklin

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:24:42 PM

Basically it is of course young people, because they own a computer and freely perceive all the new changes. It is quite difficult for older people to adapt to such changes. They just don't want to understand bitcoin.

maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:27:33 PM

Age groups are not the reason why people are opposed. If you can see many older people believe in Bitcoin and many young people do not believe in it. Things that are happening directly affect people's perceptions about it.
SventraPapere

Activity: 410

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:22:57 PM

That's right.For the older generation it will definitely not be interesting.It is true that they do not like change and have been deceived too many times.Middle-aged people and young people, this is our audience.I'm even more inclined to the youth, as the flourishing of cryptography will have to for their future.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 05:39:06 PM

I personally feel that everyone should be factored into the audience targeting. Reasons being that the older folks have more purchasing power and influences over the younger guys in the business. But the younger guys are the one full of life and intellectual uprightness, in the sense that they are way much nearer to the trends and can easily adapt into any system at all. The older guys are accustomed to the old traditional way of financial culture, whereas the millennial and the Gen z folks are still very much actively ready to anything fascinating. So old and young alike, targeting should be done to both parties depending on what your marketing goal is.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 05:50:28 AM

I was thinking about Bitcoin marketing and how we can fast track global adoption of Bitcoin and it suddenly came up that we are currently targeting the wrong age group for this.

The different age groups tend to react differently to marketing based on several factors, namely :

1. Older people tend to resist change.
2. Younger people are risk takers and sometimes even a bit reckless. <Because they have lots of time to recover from mistakes>
3. Older people might be more indoctrinated by fiat based theories and habits.
4. Younger people has grown up with the fast paced internet and ever changing innovation of technologies. 
5. Older people might have been exposed to several "scams" during their life time and might be a bit more cautious of new things.
6. Younger people might have a bit more time to experiment with new things. <Older people have families and jobs to tend to>

I am only listing some of the factors that might influence certain age groups to react differently to exposure to Bitcoin marketing. What age group would you say, would be the ideal target market for Bitcoin marketing?
Its more about the type of people who will like to invest in something that is this much volatile in nature. The ideal is the people who have money,and who are always looking new place to invest.That being said,youngsters are always risky,and trying to be edgy and different so there will be the right target!

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:34:15 AM

I was thinking about Bitcoin marketing and how we can fast track global adoption of Bitcoin and it suddenly came up that we are currently targeting the wrong age group for this.

The different age groups tend to react differently to marketing based on several factors, namely :

1. Older people tend to resist change.
2. Younger people are risk takers and sometimes even a bit reckless. <Because they have lots of time to recover from mistakes>
3. Older people might be more indoctrinated by fiat based theories and habits.
4. Younger people has grown up with the fast paced internet and ever changing innovation of technologies. 
5. Older people might have been exposed to several "scams" during their life time and might be a bit more cautious of new things.
6. Younger people might have a bit more time to experiment with new things. <Older people have families and jobs to tend to>

I am only listing some of the factors that might influence certain age groups to react differently to exposure to Bitcoin marketing. What age group would you say, would be the ideal target market for Bitcoin marketing?

I get your point and i wont dis agree but for me to give a good result for faster adaptation of Bitcoin.
The first target are the internet people since this technology is all done online and when we say internet people it covers a lot of age ranges.  For me age doenst matter as long that it can understand whats happening on the online world.
I agree. Bitcoin market needs people who understands well and do not doubt easily, it needs a mind with a huge acceptability or a wide range of knowledge. It is hard if it was oldies because they do not really trust technology that much because they are not used to it. Kt can be taught to a child but not allowed them to used it in a form or marketing. It needs planned and the child has no capability to do it. Therefore it must be a teenager or so.
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:44:26 AM

Not all older people are resisting change but I agree most of them tend to resist change and they are very careful in terms of investment because they already experience a lot of things including the scams, but most of the younger people dont have good amount of money but they have the knowledge and most of them are fast learners.

Bitcoin dont choose, people choose.

lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:28:17 PM

I think the ideal age target to market the bitcoin is people aging 13 years old to 35 years old. Because those people who are expose to technology in their everyday life so they can easily adopt and easily to understand on how to bitcoin will help them to their personal needs and wants. In that age also that people are have a lot of energy to explore something new specially the things that have a great income. I think this age era is the best age to engage in bitcoin industry because they can easily learn because this not different in what their doing in their lifestyle.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Harvey-Connan

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:03:14 PM

In my opinion, the young generation is an ideal target for bitcoin marketing for many reasons. The young is more willing to face up with risk but the old take a little bit. The young can make mistake and recover from it.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:34:16 PM

According to the vote results from this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1529447.0;viewResults people between 22-30 year of age are most active in Bitcoin Investment.
Dominic_Johnson

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:57:45 AM

Although I believe the younger generation will be more inclined to take on Bitcoin, I believe that anyone who is in an appropriate financial position should be the target market. It offers benefits to all generations, so should be marketed that way
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:27:51 PM

bitcoin should be targeted at the simplest of people under 35, with the most common needs. because any business is built on ordinary people.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 08:57:37 AM

I think the ideal age target to market the bitcoin is people aging 13 years old to 35 years old.

13year olds? Thats too early my friend. I dont think kids of that age should be allowed to be exposed to the darker side of the internet and crypto at that age and let them work out their homework and get school completed properly. Let them get a proper degree and a job.

Crypto should be an additional hobby for them and not something to be obsessed about right when they are kids. They are immature and not trained to handle scammers and sites that are rampantly trying to lure gullible people into losing money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
HB Wallet

Activity: 156
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:31:36 AM

Probably 25 - 40. I would'n underestimate the over 35 group. Just because they are old doesn't mean they are more resistant to changes. They are more financially capable of making investments, and are probably wiser when it comes to money and investment. Some popular blockchain book authors are already in their 60 - 70. The younger ones usually already have other focuses than making investments or currencies and such, not to mention the coins.
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:39:56 AM

Without a doubt the younger generation is the ideal group because even at the moment they have a better understanding about bitcoin and the concept of digital currencies and how they work or how to use them than the older generation so when promoting or expanding bitcoin into the world younger group can be ideal because the low resistance due to above reasons also the majority of bitcoin users today are young people rather than old once

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 11:23:44 AM

For bitcoin marketing purposes target can be all ages but i find that students age between 18-30years will be my first choice because they will easily get convince by online earning things.

foneex

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 11:35:40 AM

According to me, Millennial is the ideal target group. Not every millennial are interested so we have to focus the group who are only interested.   
Vladislav2306

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:46:29 AM

I think the age group between 25 - 30 eyars all will be the main engine to raise bitcoin to the sky. Because they still have time to experiment with new things and already have money for such experiments.

<div align="center">
<a href="https://brightnetwork.io">Bright - FINANCIAL SERVICES ON THE BLOCKCHAIN</a>
</div>
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:32:06 PM

Most of the young people are already investing. We should now focus on :

1) Females : Female population is still hesitant to accept crypto because of various reasons like difficulty in understanding basics. If their inclusion is somehow insured, we can have dramatic increase in number of crypto users.

2) Elders: As mentioned in OP, even old people are hesitant to invest in crypto. They should also be encouraged to invest in crypto. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: