Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:04:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 34017 times)
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:12:21 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 08:10:30 PM by BitcoinEXpress

delete

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandomPleb

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:03:06 PM

Calling it a scam doesn't actually make it a scam, you're getting ahead of yourself. Unless of course you have some type of time-travel machine in which case I stand corrected.

That being said, 'tests' like this are needed.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:24:33 PM

BCX = GOD
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:27:58 PM

Is GeistGeld still vulnerable?

How about the other merged mined SHA256 coins?

(In which we might as well include Huntercoin and Mazacoin though I am not yet convinced merged mining those is working, as in I haven't actually found any blocks of either of them yet.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:29:54 PM

BCX = GOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPET2pZXdeU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-5RaFnh2U

Do it! I need to see it happen instead of chit, chat, chatter.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:33:57 PM

So all the merged mined SHA256 coins are still vulnerable to timewarp of one kind or another?

If so any fixes available yet so they can all be updated with a fix?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:47:39 PM

So all the merged mined SHA256 coins are still vulnerable to timewarp of one kind or another?

If so any fixes available yet so they can all be updated with a fix?

-MarkM-

It's a little more complex than just TW any given chain, hash rate plays into it but thanks to KGW, protection by hashrate is somewhat negated. I wouldn't worry about TW exploitation on other merged SHA coins. It's kind of like saying the Bitcoin is susceptible to 51% attack, which it is. It's just that multi petahash rate that's the protection barrier.

~BCX~

Awesome, thanks. I will keep on with my hoarding of all the merged mined SHA256 coins then.

(I would have anyway of course but would also have had to get some fixes in place to protect my investment. As is I will continue to protect my investment by deploying the most efficient ASICs I can get my hands on, starting by filling up my new 400 amp service with miners as soon as the damn electricians and power corp complete the deployment of the 400 amp service...)

-MarkM-

Canaanite

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:33:01 PM

As some of you know one of my interest is in testing the security of cryptocoins. Over the past 4 years I have "tested" so many I have lost count but one thing remains true. No matter what the so called improvement is, it always has an exploit.

Kimoto Gravity Well is one such improvement that solves a problem that AUR is having at the moment and that is moving at the speed of death as well purportedly protects against 51%. While KGW does protect somewhat against a 51% attack, it opens up a huge hole in the time warp exploit via the diff adjust first deployed against Geist Geld back in mid 2011 and a modded versions used last year on a few Scrypt coins and SHA coins with great success.

Long story short, KGW opens up a flank where a newly modded Time Warp Exploit can be deployed. I have sandbox tested it on AUR and it seems to do the trick in grand fashion but that is with a small amount of nethash in the sandbox. I need a live chain to test it on. So considering the vast amount of request I have received to take out this 50% premine scam, I thought it would be a good candidate to test on.

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins. In particular, my ol' buddy Kelsey lost a ton last year in GME LOL. Block 5400 or when ever KGW kicks in will be the starting point. This will give all of you enough time to either cold store your AUR or dump them until the chain is fixed, if it can be after the test.

~BCX~

If it was a scam, Balduro would have dumped the premined coins a long time ago. there is actually a large community who believe in this thing.
But I guess the internet is full with assholes like you who try to destroy good things for fun
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:38:11 PM
Merited by nutildah (5)

It is also full of assholes who launch coins they cannot secure.

What is Auroracoin's difficulty/hashrate?

-MarkM-

lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

As some of you know one of my interest is in testing the security of cryptocoins. Over the past 4 years I have "tested" so many I have lost count but one thing remains true. No matter what the so called improvement is, it always has an exploit.

Kimoto Gravity Well is one such improvement that solves a problem that AUR is having at the moment and that is moving at the speed of death as well purportedly protects against 51%. While KGW does protect somewhat against a 51% attack, it opens up a huge hole in the time warp exploit via the diff adjust first deployed against Geist Geld back in mid 2011 and a modded versions used last year on a few Scrypt coins and SHA coins with great success.

Long story short, KGW opens up a flank where a newly modded Time Warp Exploit can be deployed. I have sandbox tested it on AUR and it seems to do the trick in grand fashion but that is with a small amount of nethash in the sandbox. I need a live chain to test it on. So considering the vast amount of request I have received to take out this 50% premine scam, I thought it would be a good candidate to test on.

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins. In particular, my ol' buddy Kelsey lost a ton last year in GME LOL. Block 5400 or when ever KGW kicks in will be the starting point. This will give all of you enough time to either cold store your AUR or dump them until the chain is fixed, if it can be after the test.

~BCX~

If it was a scam, Balduro would have dumped the premined coins a long time ago. there is actually a large community who believe in this thing.
But I guess the internet is full with assholes like you who try to destroy good things for fun

don't forget the asshole pumpers..

Kiss
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:44:07 PM

If it was a scam, Balduro would have dumped the premined coins a long time ago. there is actually a larg ::)e community who believe in this thing.

I smell a bag holder.  Roll Eyes
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:47:20 PM

Balduro can't dump the premine. There isn't enough liquidity. A mouse farting on Mintpal can move the price 40% in any direction, it depends on wind conditions and what type of cheese the mouse ate. Basically the coin is worth nothing but that isn't the point here.

I guess Balduro didn't count on BCX wanting to smash AUR. I hope BCX does take advantage of this situation like a drunk virgin on prom night. This will force real devs to work harder and kill scam devs off one by one.

We should be thanking BCX for doing everyone a favour and be grateful that he is warning people in advance.
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:52:37 PM

~BCX~

How many of the community are Bagholders and Icelandic people? Best pump and dump yet.
Canaanite

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:29:34 PM

I sold 95% of my AUR for a really nice profit.
Im waiting for it to go to reasonable price again to get my share back
so currently, NO im not a bagholder
Cryptokk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:30:05 AM

~BCX~

Well, if a coin is vulnerable, better to now it early. I'm not wishing the dead of AUR, but I'm for the dead of exploits. Good luck with your experiment.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:46:01 AM

~BCX~

I don;t think you have the balls to test Mazacoin.  You still haven't prove you can 51% attack any coin.  I keep asking for blockchain proof and yo never produce it.  Well, I'm calling you out.  You have a change to once and for all prove you can 51% attack a coin with Mazacoin,  if you can't do it in the next 24 hours, hell 48 hours then I will reply to every post you do on bitcointalk about how you can't 51% attack any coin even though you say to can.  Jackass.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:50:47 AM

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins.

~BCX~

So, you are publicly announcing that you intend to engage in an activity that could result in arbitrary financial loss to people unknown, by willfully exploiting a weakness in an altcoin ?

How is this different than planting a bomb in a public place, warning everyone that you have done so, and assuring them that if they don't clear the area immediately they could get hurt or die ?

~Wow~
silicon_chip

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:59:22 AM

~BCX~

All the crap that is about to drop out of the sky on top of you, that is a direct result of your own actions.

Vives gladio, gladio morietur.

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I will not strike an unarmed opponent.
anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:08:25 AM

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins.

~BCX~

So, you are publicly announcing that you intend to engage in an activity that could result in arbitrary financial loss to people unknown, by willfully exploiting a weakness in an altcoin ?

How is this different than planting a bomb in a public place, warning everyone that you have done so, and assuring them that if they don't clear the area immediately they could get hurt or die ?

~Wow~

Don't worry BCX is a pussy he just bullshits on the forums.  He never actually attacked a coin successfully.  Stop being a pussy and crying on a forum.
anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:09:42 AM

~BCX~

All the crap that is about to drop out of the sky on top of you, that is a direct result of your own actions.

Vives gladio, gladio morietur.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: