Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:46:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin bring an end to Paypal?  (Read 3055 times)
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:42:52 AM

PayPal is a online wallet used to store some funds and to use them to pay for the commodity.
PayPayl only allows us to store the centralised Fiat currencies so i don't really think that they can make an end to bitcoins as they don't matter them a lot.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:45:25 AM

it is impossible for Payapal to die simply because it is just an online service that can change and adapt to the new changes in the world because of the competition. for example nothing is stopping Paypal to become a custodian service like Coinbase for example and work with bitcoin to even increase their revenue thanks to bitcoin and its eventual mass adoption.

for example one of the problems people are facing is to dump their money for bitcoin. many have money in their Paypal account and would love to use it. Paypal can offer a service for a fee so that people can do it on their platform.
in short they may even become bigger with bitcoin!

Only Bitcoin
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:47:31 AM

I think both assets will be valuable in the future. For each system there are its users.
Yes, they are both quite different and paypal is more used and known, so saying that bitcoin will change or replace paypal is  not really fair. I think bitcoin can be integrated but no more than that.
Okrah

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:35:51 AM

In the spirit of mass adoptions we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?
Both paypal have their own ways and advantages. Paypal can also give the people good services online just like bitcoin. So it may not die if there are people who will still use it.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:53:19 PM

Probably not, Paypal has its own strengths and its own usage environment! When the payment is guaranteed, paypal is still the top choice!
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 02:56:41 PM

That won't happen because paypal is another thing and should not compare with bitcoin. As we all know that bitcoin is a digital currency where we can store it in a digital wallet unlike paypal system which is barely a payment system and they are not holding any amount of money we had instead they are only transferring money for payments.
ChibaReiko
Copper Member

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:57:56 PM

in my country they all use paypal instead of bitcoin bro. so i think this time bitcoin is not safe
pjwaffle

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 03:40:54 PM

I dont think so. each part has own features and I think the best way is that they will associate together to give the best products for the market. So, we - users can get the best benefit.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
iamzill

Activity: 677

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

bitcoin will not end paypal, because as far as I know paypal can be used as a partner of bitcoin to become one of the transaction media. so I think paypal will not be easily shifted or terminated by bitcoin.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:18:46 PM

for example one of the problems people are facing is to dump their money for bitcoin. many have money in their Paypal account and would love to use it. Paypal can offer a service for a fee so that people can do it on their platform.
in short they may even become bigger with bitcoin!

Well there is one thing that can happen - Paypal may start accepting BTC just like they accept many different fiat currencies.
As for buying bitcoins via Paypal I'm not sure if you can do a currency exchange in Paypal? Or are there any currency exchanges that accept paypal? Because if answer to either of these questions is yes then it would make buying BTC possible with paypal funds. But I don't think that could become one of Paypal's more important services.

131tc01n

Activity: 569

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:36:20 PM

yes, I think like that, where paypal fraud cases are greater than bitcoin and other crypto. Paypal is vulnerable to being attacked by fraudsters or carders, its security is still weak and the system sometimes irritates people
voanquan

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:41:09 PM

In my opinion, using Paypal is more complicated than using Bitcoin. Money from Paypal will usually go to the bank within 2-4 business days (excluding holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays), which may be longer. So I see Bitcoin as the fastest and most reliable payment gateway.
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:45:19 PM

Hello,

Don't think it will happen because Paypal is a well known established company and give services to lots of people.

But they also need to adapt them and think they will need to propose also BTC like fiat as payments.
Tatsuyashiba

Activity: 147

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:48:46 PM

In the spirit of mass adoptions we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

I think for now paypal itself is still something that is hype among internet users to make purchases and sales, because paypal itself uses exchange rates like real-world currencies, unlike btc where we only have btc values without any link between the rates of each country , maybe related but the impact is only a little, so in my opinion for btc can replace paypal is still quite a long time, because the paypal brand itself has been created in the minds of the wider community
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:56:28 PM

Bitcoin running on blockchain  is very fast, safe and there is no third party who will receive payment for being in between the sender and receiver unlike the other digital payment option where there is a third party who receive fees for providing services to both sender and receiver. If bitcoin as expected take over the payment transaction will really affect the  fortune of other payment options like paypal and others. They may update to a blockchain  to remain relevant.
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:34:32 PM

Yes, why not, interesting idea, I would support it. Bitcoin is designed as a currency to use for online purchases, so a use case in all onlines stores can add a big value to everyday users. At least it can be an option to use it for online payments.

Smiley Smiley
jozymens7

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 11:01:46 PM

Considering how both BTC and Paypal is I think so many people like using paypal more than BTC because of the nature of BTC. But I think in the near future since BTC is going to dominate the more it will end the use of Paypal and this will be confirmed in the countries which does not permit Paypal use.

ljane

Activity: 467

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:06:06 PM

BTC is even now breakign the boundaries and taking over paypal. So many countries cannot use BTC and they have adopted the use of BTC in their transactions instead of Paypal. So I think in no time BTC will bring an end to Paypal.

I’m me
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:32:24 PM

In my opinion, using Paypal is more complicated than using Bitcoin. Money from Paypal will usually go to the bank within 2-4 business days (excluding holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays), which may be longer. So I see Bitcoin as the fastest and most reliable payment gateway.
Bitcoin running on blockchain  is very fast, safe and there is no third party who will receive payment for being in between the sender and receiver unlike the other digital payment option where there is a third party who receive fees for providing services to both sender and receiver. If bitcoin as expected take over the payment transaction will really affect the  fortune of other payment options like paypal and others. They may update to a blockchain  to remain relevant.

I'm pretty sure you guys come from country where credit/debit/payment cards are widespread, accessible and in use since many, many years ago.
Well, I'm from country where in the 90s and 00s it was difficult to get a credit card, it was stuff reserved only for the wealthiest and (big) majority of shops didn't accept them.
When internet gained popularity most of the transactions were done by cash on delivery or bank transfers. And number 1 rule for e-shopping was to choose cash on delivery because it was safer than bank transfer: you wouldn't have to pay until the goods arrived. Of course it didn't prevent scams where you opened the package to find a brick or bunch of potatoes  Shocked instead of goods you ordered, but it was way safer than bank transfer - and I find bank transfer closest to bitcoin transaction.
Today when I opened youtube app I got a video of another scam in my feed and guess what: it involved bank transfer, this time electronic one as electronic bank transfers are most popular way of paying online today in my country. Electronic bank transfer is instantaneous and as direct as it can be: from bank to bank. It also means if you get scammed there is no one who can help you (except police, but they don't care).
So yeah, Paypal delays may be irritating, some of their practices are almost fraud (I wouldn't ever use Paypal for really big transaction), card fees may be big issue (in my country they are very high) but having 3rd party involved is also good thing when something goes wrong.
I still remember an anecdote from 2013 or 2014 where someone was trying to pay via Bitcoin online to some big online retailer/ service provider and there were some problems with the payment and when he contacted support they told him "we can't help you, you have to call Bitcoin and ask them for helpShocked Roll Eyes

kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 11:53:10 PM

The use of bitcoin worldwide will take some time for this to be accomplished. The world is now getting to know bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. It will take some years for the world to full recognize bitcoin as an alternative mode to send funds to another person. Paypal is widely used by a lot of people as compared to bitcoin. It will hardly be possible for bitcoin to bring an end to paypal.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: