Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin bring an end to Paypal?  (Read 3055 times)
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 11:57:45 PM

Yes! Bitcoin is still the best for paypal, you don't need any more cards or banks to connect it to your paypal account to make payment for anyone. Because Bitcoin is decentralized, we don't need any banks to send payments, all we need is internet connection and our personal bitcoin wallet.

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:59:35 PM

Paypal is not being accepted in some countries and therefore those countries are now trading and also buying goods with BTC instead of Paypal. In countries where they use Paypal they are also using BTC and stopping Paypal use.    

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:23:49 AM

i dont think so, we can see that paypal is just a payment gateway, paypal still use the USD as the currency, and we can see bitcoin is not use USD anymore, bitcoin have their own value. so bitcoin and paypal is 100% totally different

Alex_Kidd

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:26:12 AM

In the spirit of mass adoptions we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?
I think that Paypal will start losing its business when crypto will go much more mainstream, so let's say when also the fiat money will start losing power in favour of the cryptocurrencies, so for the next years I don't think Paypal will suffer too much.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:32:42 AM

As both a PayPal and bitcoin user, I doubt bitcoin will put an end to PayPal. A lot of people have been using PayPal, perhaps more than bitcoins right now. It will take time before PayPal decides to shut down their websites because of bitcoins. If any, they might even join the crypto world and convert as an online wallet or something else, but PayPal ceasing operation because of bitcoins? I am not sure about that.
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:15:25 AM

In my opinion, it will not end whether bitcoin or Paypal, just because they have their own name established and a lot of people are believing on both of them, so its impossible even if they have a large margin of users of it, the fact is their are still users of it that continue gaining benefit.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:23:03 AM

I hope so. Companies such as Paypal and Western Union have earned a lot of money to transfer money from people for years. And they're not transferring their own money! They earned money from their customers' money. I hope that Bitcoin and the crypto will be successful. Companies that do not have this kind of production find themselves a real job. May be usefull one!
Kat_messy

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:33:12 PM

I think cryptocurrencies will kill all old-style online payment processors and not only PayPal, because transaction fees in crypto are much lower and there's also no bans or cash backs.
kzozenberg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:34:51 PM

I do not think that bitcoin destroy PayPal as it is a very reliable and popular payment system that is even more popular than bitcoin. Also, the payment system helps to return money from dubious investment projects, and if you make a payment with bitcoin, you will not return anything !

∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧ [ BRAVO ] Send and receive anonymous and instant payments with the power of blockchain ∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:43:53 PM

In the spirit of mass adoption we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

I don't see Paypal to stop operations. They can simply adapt by accepting crypto. If they do so, huge amount of their user base will get option to purchase and use digital currencies, most likely they would be successful in that business too

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:44:58 PM

In the spirit of mass adoption we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

Paypal is already end for me. Their fee is too crazy and not many people use it anymore.
If compared to bitcoin, i prefer to use bitcoin as a payment than paypal
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:55:41 AM

Bitcoin TPS (transactions per second) is still slow, it won't replacing paypal if we cannot do transactions quickly.
But i heard that lightning network will solving that problem. If we can use bitcoin to doing many tx, then bitcoin will become a mainstream payment gateway.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:04:22 AM

In my opinion. bitcoin will not affect paypal or other payment tools. all payment instruments can die or do not have users when their system cannot continue to grow and adjust to customer needs. so, the existence of bitcoin will not affect other payment instruments when they can continue to improve the system and develop payment instruments according to the best needs and level of service.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:35:01 AM

Paypal in terms is the alternate of digital payments transfer and the major differance between both the Bitcoin and Paypal is legality and illegality.
If we see, bitcoin is considered an illegal asset in most parts of the world but Paypal has allowance by all governments.
So the statement of bitcoin bringing end to paypal is wrong
Kasliono

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:48:19 AM

In my opinion, it will be happened when all of us already use bitcoin as a world currency, without using anyother kind of currencies. It means that we never use dollar, yen, and any kind of currencies to do the transaction. But, even it is happened, paypal will still alive when paypal addopt bitcoin into their currency as a payment to. So, it depends on the paypal.
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:01:09 AM

Paypal will not disappear unless Bitcoin is accepted worldwide. Because nowadays some countries do not accept Bitcoin, Paypal still demonstrates its usefulness. Moreover, there are many people using Paypal to trade so Bitcoin wants to end Paypal will be very difficult.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:05:15 AM

Crypto is an enabler..especially in international payments..
Earlier we used paypal for accepting payments from foreign clients.and as everybody knows Paypal is a big parasite used to eat 9% in fees and currency conversion and after that days and days of waiting to get it in bank.

With crypto in half an hour the payment from client is in localbitcoins account and if buyer has localbitcoins accounts then instantly and after that within a minutes in bank account.

And nobody can dare to freeze my accounts.nobody will judge if my payment is a risky one or whatever paypal used to call it.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:26:13 AM

i think no bro. yup bitcoin is popular. but paypal is more security
Obviously, English isn't your thing.  Grin

How secured is PayPal really? I think PayPal's discriminatory approach towards residents from certain countries is its major bane. I for one would love to see all that change or it burns with it. This is a major advantage bitcoin has over it and it could run PayPal down. Hopefully, it does.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:41:56 AM

I am not sure that pay-pal will be finished in the world but pay pal is also an important way for online payments and people trusted it very much an pay pal and crypto will be survive with it and if crypto become legal all over the world may be it will take the space of pay pal.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:12:56 AM

for now, in my opinion, paypal must still exist to adopt bitcoin in paypal payment mode, this will further strengthen the existence of bitcoin and expand the circulation of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: