Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:27:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin bring an end to Paypal?  (Read 3059 times)
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:07:31 PM

In the spirit of mass adoption we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

History repeating itself is by far the scariest and most certain outcome we could expect. Especially economically. "Would you take some BTC for that loaf of bread sir?"
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:11:29 PM

In the spirit of mass adoption we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?
PayPal is far too embedded into everyday life that it will take a long time before anything replaces it, it would need something catastrophic to happen to PayPal before bitcoin got a look in.
mlsbd

Activity: 516
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:23:59 PM

Paypal makes big community and too much popular gateway in freelancing platform so you can not be avoided it. Paypal available in more than 200 countries and 25 currencies supported, it restricted in many countries.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:26:21 AM

i think no bro. yup bitcoin is popular. but paypal is more security

I don't agree, Crypto currencies are more safe and secure since you'll no longer be needing any trusted third party. The technology is more transparent Abd you can publicly audit the transaction, in addition using Crypto would be more simplier than any other form of payment. By using this, you can assure  having high level of swcurity and simplicity. But getting involved in Crypto  demands the consideration of the wallet you are using. I'm now paying interest on a open source multi wallet called "HODLER wallet", it promises amazing feature other wallet could not offer.

I believe that Crypto currencies will be the future and other form of payment will come to an end.
danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:47:03 AM

im sure it might happen if bitcoin grow well in the future.
many online bussiness man will move their bussiness to bitcoin technology.
but paypal will still exist if they join/move to blockchain.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:56:34 AM

Bitcoin will not bring an end to PayPal. They are both alternatives to sending global fund. It gives the users other potions of funds transfer to choose from. uses
Marial Carter

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:06:24 AM

From what I know, BItcoin os the most popular in cryptocurrency , they have a big amount of users, but Paypal is so security. IT is hard to say that BITcoin can bring an end to Paypal
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:50:14 AM

High fees which bitcoin transactions have cant rival with PayPal fees.
A lot of people prefer to use "safe" and habitual pay systems for their daily needs despite the fact they are centralized
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:56:48 AM

i think no bro. yup bitcoin is popular. but paypal is more security

I don't agree, Crypto currencies are more safe and secure since you'll no longer be needing any trusted third party. The technology is more transparent Abd you can publicly audit the transaction, in addition using Crypto would be more simplier than any other form of payment. By using this, you can assure  having high level of swcurity and simplicity. But getting involved in Crypto  demands the consideration of the wallet you are using. I'm now paying interest on a open source multi wallet called "HODLER wallet", it promises amazing feature other wallet could not offer.

I believe that Crypto currencies will be the future and other form of payment will come to an end.
indeed cryptocurrency technology in my opinion is better than anything, but it would be better when PayPal is able to embrace cryptocurrency and apply payments using altcoin or bitcoin I think it would be far better than ending one party.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:08:57 AM

PayPal has many users around the world, and many countries ban BTC, so it is difficult for BTC to replace PayPal!
If BTC is accepted by governments around the world, it is only a matter of time to replace PayPal!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 12:00:46 PM

Maybe be in the future if that's if bitcoin ever gets a better reliable upgrade ,i can't help but keep thinking how useful it will be if bitcoin surpass the usefulness of PayPal someday ,but who knows ?can't wait to see what will happen in the next 5years to come

xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 12:19:07 PM

The only hindrance $Bitcoin is having now is the knocks from governments, bankers and politicians! $Bitcoin has already proven that it can do better than paypal and the likes! Its even convenient to make payments using $Bitcoin than Paypal! If $Bitcoin can get the acceptability and adoptability that fiat gets, then the sky is its starting poing! As for replacing Paypal, It has already but the generality of Businesses need to accept it as a means of payment then paypal would be history.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:26:19 PM

No. Even bitcoin needs payment processors for certain things and sometimes that's a good thing as at least they usually offer you some protection against fraud or scammers. Also, if bitcoin did become dominant or even just much more popular PayPal would just adopt it and become something like Bitpay.

The only hindrance $Bitcoin is having now is the knocks from governments, bankers and politicians! $Bitcoin has already proven that it can do better than paypal and the likes! Its even convenient to make payments using $Bitcoin than Paypal! If $Bitcoin can get the acceptability and adoptability that fiat gets, then the sky is its starting poing! As for replacing Paypal, It has already but the generality of Businesses need to accept it as a means of payment then paypal would be history.

The only hindrance isn't governments and politicians. What about fluctuations? Paypal has faults but so does bitcoin but fiat is still going to remain the dominant force for day to day transactions until volatility is stabilized but that might never happen.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

This will not happen. Bitcoin is not a threat to paypal. At the present time paypal users are widely distributed and are present all over the world, it is unlike bitcoin restricted in some countries. in the future i think maybe paypal can accept bitcoin Just like banks accept bitcoin.

kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:14:14 PM

I don't think so, we know that the average forex user is still using it, and in Forex alone BTC and ETH are also trading options there. so I conclude that paypal will survive.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:29:18 PM

I don't think so, because until now paypal is still a trusted transaction tool worldwide in the field of internet. I think bitcoin can be the next option in terms of transactions but even then if the value becomes stable

AAKODI

Activity: 205
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:32:05 PM

For majority of people in the world to change there transactions from fiat to bitcoin might take some time because bitcoin and blockchain technology still are new concepts to the world so until bitcoin becomes more expanded and usable through adoption most people will believe and use paypal because still it provide good security but in the future definitely bitcoin network will become a real competitor to paypal and other relevant options in the world

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:35:40 PM

Actually paypal is also a great platform of transaction that's why its not easy to end.Bitcoin has shined by its own features. Paypal has no option like what bitcoin have. You can use btc in various field and also can earn from differen ways. On the other hand you can use paypal for transactions only.  So that bitcoin become popular than all other transactions system.

xp.rie

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:00:00 PM

never as long as bitcoin is not accepted throughout the world, if bitcoin is legalized and accepted throughout the world as a currency option it can become a reality. but the fact is, that bitcoin is only accepted in developed countries and paypal is currently the number one transaction tool in the world's most trusted.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:05:35 PM

never as long as bitcoin is not accepted throughout the world, if bitcoin is legalized and accepted throughout the world as a currency option it can become a reality. but the fact is, that bitcoin is only accepted in developed countries and paypal is currently the number one transaction tool in the world's most trusted.

That is the main backpoint for Bitcoin that in many country it is not legalised which is keeping bitcoin reaching away from common people. Paypal is popular because it is centralised exchange and any security agency or legal company can access your records without permission of the users. Which is why paypal is legal to use in all country. But for bitcoin it is not possible but they are trying to regulate and use it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: