Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin bring an end to Paypal?  (Read 3055 times)
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:04:30 PM

In the spirit of mass adoption we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

I still do paypal and I still want it to exist, because there are transactions online that are suited for paypal users, like you are going to transact to people you don't know and there are online stores that only caters to paypal users because paypal tos is suited to their needs.

I also use PayPal as it is very convenient to me. Certainly, I am ready to use Bitcoin as well but I do not think that BTC threatens the most popular payment system. PayPal will live for many years.

Paypal is good along with many other service providers like wester union etc. All of them has some disadvantages like more fee or not usable in certain countries. Bitcoin on the other hand has removed all these disadvantages of these service providers and come up with the perfect solution which eliminate the need of middle man to transfer the currency.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:34:32 PM

Cryptocurrency will not force out non-cash forms of payment. They are likely to coexist together. I think that some banks will practice accounts in Bitcoin and other types of cryptocurrency together with ordinary currency on their own cards and this will be quite convenient. In my country there are already such. You can transfer to a special bank e-wallet and regular currency, and cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency displayed from the wallet. Actually
cryptocurrency is withdrawn by the bank from the wallet right away, however, all indicators are saved on the wallet and you can use the cryptocurrency at any time when shopping directly for it or you can exchange it in your wallet for a common currency.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
BillieCrypt

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:37:50 PM

Nothing lasts forever, including PayPal. Sooner or later it will be replaced by a more progressive system. Cryptocurrencies have many positive qualities and over time they may well replace other payment systems.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:05:21 PM

Since the number of payal users is so large, to be able to replace it, there is a need for a process that allows users to accept and adapt to the new.

If paypal does not develop or improve the quality of its services, it certainly will be found by someone who has more to offer to customers. Paypal has no monopoly and can be replaced by a different and better payment system. Including bitcoin.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:11:36 PM

PayPal is nowhere near going down. With the proliferation of mobile phones and the acquisition of Venmo, PayPal is growing very fast.

The blockchain will help PayPal out with security and immutable data. Soon, I think PayPal will allow Bitcoin to be used as a form of money on their own platform.  There's no way Bitcoin will even come close to the platform, branding and systems PayPal already have going for them.
kelaxo76r

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:21:54 PM

I think it will, It's lower cost, lower risk and an easier form of payment from anything else we have today, especially for shopping online. Credit cards were adopted almost 70 years ago and were never designed for the Internet. It leads to serious problems like identity theft and payment fraud. You also have notably lower transaction costs compared to converting one international currency to another international currency. Its Cheaper!
mweezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:55:23 PM

With my own opinion I think they but have different row to place and secondly many country today seem to ban bitcoin or cryptocurrency for uses and now with PayPal online purchased are been request for and payment is made easily.
So I don't think any one can put an end to another.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:57:24 PM

No bitcoin wont spell the end of paypal, as paypal is as far as I remember owned by Ebay (although it has been spun off and now runs independently) and this gives it a huge market. It would be great if you could use bitcoin as an alternative on sites like ebay but i very much doubt it will happen any time soon.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:56:43 AM

Of course, that can't because not everyone can use digital currency. But in the future, we will not know what will happen. I think Bitcoin can be an alternative for people to use as online payments. But I don't think that this will replace PayPal, only Bitcoin can be another option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: