Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:52:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Ban 'em
Sure! - 4 (30.8%)
Nope, they have a right to be here - 6 (46.2%)
The banhammer is too heavy - 3 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State sponsored trolls  (Read 519 times)
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:16:37 PM

I Found One!

Wow - u=654

Rather than ban him, I hope he comes back..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:41:14 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

If any state wants to sponsor my posts, please contact me Cheesy I accept Bitcoin Tongue

Seriously though: which state? Many states have different interests, and I don't think they'll gain much from trolling on this forum.

Many countries do it. Some of the groups got compromised by whistleblowers like this one:

The web brigades (Russian: Beб-бpигaды), also known as Russia's troll army, Russian bots, Kremlinbots,[1] troll factory,[2][3] or troll farms are state-sponsored anonymous Internet political commentators and trolls linked to the Russian government. Participants report that they are organized into teams and groups of commentators that participate in Russian and international political blogs and Internet forums using sockpuppets and large-scale orchestrated trolling and disinformation campaigns to promote pro-Putin and pro-Russian propaganda.[4][5][6][7] It has also been found that articles on Russian Wikipedia concerning the MH17 crash and the 2014 Ukraine conflict were targeted by Russian internet propaganda outlets.[8][9][10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_web_brigades

There are articles about similar groups working for North Korea and China. It's another form of propaganda. Long time ago they were throwing pamphlets, now they're posting on forums.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:45:03 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Welsh (1)

The best idea is to open your mind, drop your bias and superstition, learn logic.  People who think for themselves are not very susceptible to propaganda and fake Russian stories. It really is the stupidest people that are trolled in by the ridiculous exaggerations and preposterous claims of trolls.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 06:57:43 PM

I Found One!

Wow - u=654

Rather than ban him, I hope he comes back..

Yeah, I missed kwuckduck "reverse" prediction of bitcoin price. I no longer can predict the price : BTC price = inv(kwuckduck's predicted price).

I remember 10 years ago one of the forums that I used to visit was an excellent one especially in its news section. Now that section is full of random topics about Russian new jet fighter and missiles, Russian and Iranian "saving" Syria, clever Trump... Same names, same speech repeated over and over... It is disgusting!

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:22:11 PM

Neat, found a propaganda site setup by the Kremlin through an American actor (freedomsphoenix). Any account linking to this site is probably state sponsored.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 08:30:07 PM

Neat, found a propaganda site setup by the Kremlin through an American actor (freedomsphoenix). Any account linking to this site is probably state sponsored.

You mean this ugly-ass site from 1990s http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/ ?

Feel free to assume I'm state-sponsored but I'm gonna link to it once in a while just to mess with you.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:38:29 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2018, 08:48:59 PM by bluefirecorp_

You mean this ugly-ass site from 1990s http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/ ?

Feel free to assume I'm state-sponsored but I'm gonna link to it once in a while just to mess with you.

Ha. BADecker links to it quite often. The site is filled with standard Russian propaganda.

>Created Date: 2005-06-20

Totally from the 90s tho xD

bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:54:54 PM

Neat, found another state sponsored site: sovereignman

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 09:07:21 PM

Ha. BADecker links to it quite often. The site is filled with standard Russian propaganda.

I was referring to its look&feel.

You don't really have to dig that deep. E.g. RT is Kremlin's website so you can simply label anyone who links to RT as being state-sponsored. Anyone who links to Al Jazeera works for Qatar. Anyone who links to C-SPAN is a CIA agent. Anyone who links to Fox News is probably a kangaroo.

Also anyone who links to Washington Post is an Amazon shill because why not.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:15:11 PM

Slow down there chief! While I don't have any intentions to sabotage your mission on finding the secret agents, I might just report your posts for posting sequentially in less than 24 hours a day (that is thread bumping). Gleb gets temp ban for that stuff quite often.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:18:33 PM

I was referring to its look&feel.

You don't really have to dig that deep. E.g. RT is Kremlin's website so you can simply label anyone who links to RT as being state-sponsored. Anyone who links to Al Jazeera works for Qatar. Anyone who links to C-SPAN is a CIA agent. Anyone who links to Fox News is probably a kangaroo.

Also anyone who links to Washington Post is an Amazon shill because why not.

CSpan links to CIA? Hmm. That just seems like moving the goal post.

But it's crazy how much of the "alt-right" culture is supported by the Russian state.

Slow down there chief! While I don't have any intentions to sabotage your mission on finding the secret agents, I might just report your posts for posting sequentially in less than 24 hours a day (that is thread bumping). Gleb gets temp ban for that stuff quite often.

Pretty sure off-topic and useless posts are just as bad as double posting. Adding new information to the thread isn't exactly the same as a bump.

If I posted using an alt-account, it'd not really be much different. =/

Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:52:53 PM

The best idea is to open your mind, drop your bias and superstition, learn logic.  People who think for themselves are not very susceptible to propaganda and fake Russian stories. It really is the stupidest people that are trolled in by the ridiculous exaggerations and preposterous claims of trolls.

Sadly, can't say the same thing about fake American stories.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 10:49:08 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

What goalposts? You moved the goalposts out of the stadium and sold them for scrap metal with your harebrained "anyone who links to a website must be employed by the owners of said website" theory.

Pretty sure off-topic and useless posts are just as bad as double posting. Adding new information to the thread isn't exactly the same as a bump.

If I posted using an alt-account, it'd not really be much different. =/

Multiposting is against the rules, same account or alt accounts - same thing. Don't do it.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:52:19 PM

What goalposts? You moved the goalposts out of the stadium and sold them for scrap metal with your harebrained "anyone who links to a website must be employed by the owners of said website" theory.

Uhhh. I mean, if it were one or two posts, it wouldn't be that bad.

When 30% of every post contains a link back to that site, it wouldn't surprise me if he's being paid to spread the shit.

HorseMajor

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:26:25 AM

a perfect system only exist in your mind  Cool
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:19:56 AM

State sponsored trolls ?

Dole bludgers that spent their time trolling the internet ?  Roll Eyes

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:29:01 AM

The best idea is to open your mind, drop your bias and superstition, learn logic.  People who think for themselves are not very susceptible to propaganda and fake Russian stories. It really is the stupidest people that are trolled in by the ridiculous exaggerations and preposterous claims of trolls.

The intelegent people see the propoganda setup but not so intelegent do not, this is obvious but since most of people do not see it. it makes it extremely dengerous .
Unfortunately stupid people have siginifant amount of power. The Russian propoganda  with their huge resources is something that troubles me since I am living in area which was occupied by this country for decades.

It is not clear of which trolls tough the OP is talking about, or is he talking about any sepcific trolls.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:41:32 AM

The best idea is to open your mind, drop your bias and superstition, learn logic.  People who think for themselves are not very susceptible to propaganda and fake Russian stories. It really is the stupidest people that are trolled in by the ridiculous exaggerations and preposterous claims of trolls.
Exactly.

The best way to fight “trolls” and/or propaganda is to apply critical thinking to anything you read and learn how to verify what is and isn’t true. Trying to stomp out trolls is ultimately fruitless and will result in citizens blindly reading ultimately what will be misinformation.  

Frankly I am not at all surprised to see it is the OP complaining about this given his political beliefs.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: