Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Computer, Will they eventually drop Intel?...  (Read 216 times)
FilesFM_Announcements (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 08:39:01 AM

Apple have been making great headway these days with their mobile CPUs... Im just wondering if eventually we will see Apple computer migrating from the Intel CPUs to Apple mobile CPUs the same ones we see in their flagship phones. After all the iMacs, are mobile version CPUs, on mobile motherboards with mobile GPUs just put in a thin sexy apple aluminium shell.. Apple has signed off on the idea of having ePCI GPU boxes working for the main processing.. Im thinking it would make cost effective sense to drop intel and move onto their own ARM Apple CPUs..and slowly blend iOS and MacOS into 1 unified OS..

What do you guys think?

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
marssx

Activity: 575
Merit: 100

800 chaturbate tk on sale

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:08:49 PM

Apple have been making great headway these days with their mobile CPUs... Im just wondering if eventually we will see Apple computer migrating from the Intel CPUs to Apple mobile CPUs the same ones we see in their flagship phones. After all the iMacs, are mobile version CPUs, on mobile motherboards with mobile GPUs just put in a thin sexy apple aluminium shell.. Apple has signed off on the idea of having ePCI GPU boxes working for the main processing.. Im thinking it would make cost effective sense to drop intel and move onto their own ARM Apple CPUs..and slowly blend iOS and MacOS into 1 unified OS..

What do you guys think?
I think that the apple will be able to improve its processors to such a level that it will be able to abandon the intel. It will not be soon, but it will be. While the power of the apple chips is too small for rendering or other resource-intensive tasks. Perhaps initially there will be notebooks of another series, between tablets and ordinary poppies. Like windows with snapdragon

Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:28:28 PM

I think that the apple will be able to improve its processors to such a level that it will be able to abandon the intel. It will not be soon, but it will be. While the power of the apple chips is too small for rendering or other resource-intensive tasks. Perhaps initially there will be notebooks of another series, between tablets and ordinary poppies. Like windows with snapdragon

I totally agree but rendering isn't done on the CPU anyway, I still think they will have mobile platform GPU's like the do now.. from AMD or NVIDIA, I just think it makes sense to replace the intel CPU, and blend Mac OS, and IOS into 1 OS to reduce costs, production times, and a continuity of apps across all platforms.

files.fm library ✦ 
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
Nickson8

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:30:49 PM

It seems to me that Apple will oust Intel, but on the other hand, anything can happen. Good and eternal discussion, but yesterday I finally found an excellent program for converting from PDF to Word.
MP_SI
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

Tell the truth – or, at least, don't lie!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:31:52 AM

I don't think so. A lot of professional software works only on Intel so...
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 10:02:25 AM

I don't think so. A lot of professional software works only on Intel so...

I thought it made sense that apple would see the logic in moving from intel..
They most likely had a copy of their OS running on ARM type processors for a whole and recently it was declared official..

"Apple Plans to Use Its Own Chips in Macs From 2020, Replacing Intel"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-02/apple-is-said-to-plan-move-from-intel-to-own-mac-chips-from-2020

So I can only imagine now.. apple will merge slowly the IOS and Mac OS into one unified OS.. so you can run IOS applications natively on your MAC, will reduce costs of producing two OS'es.. and will create a more seamless experience from IOS to MAC..

I look forward to it.

files.fm library ✦ 
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:45:29 AM

Probably. I'm sure Apple can make great processors however it's difficult to compete against Intel who has been in the industry for years
vabalkazh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:53:33 PM

I believe there will always be a healthy competition between them and none of them will get the lead. It will also be better for consumers. Check Nvidia and their prices to see that monopoly is bad.
marssx

Activity: 575
Merit: 100

800 chaturbate tk on sale

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:12:44 AM

Apple is not popular in laptops, they make money with mobiles. Mac use is very limited due to various problems. So they can drop mobile phone market may be.  Grin
What? Apple not popular in laptops? I think macbooks very popular. And will be more popular if make price lower

not4mike

Activity: 137
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:08:18 PM

I have a better question re: Apple Computer, will they eventually buy Intel (rather than drop them) instead? Roll Eyes
Pricebrianer

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:44:07 PM

I just got myself a MacBook Air. There are features I’ll like to keep on Mac. I can’t say same for intel like I see on windows.
Anyone have an idea what the specifications would be?
Also, is there a plan/press release by apple to do this?

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
raatnak

Activity: 185
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:15:55 PM

I dont think so. Intel is a giant in this sphere and probably will stay on the top anyway.
axel20

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:19:10 PM

Apple already confirmed that they are dropping Intel.  They are going back to manufacturing their own chips because the chips in their newest mobile devices are outperforming the Intel Chipsets in much bigger devices.  Intel is stagnating and Apple isn't waiting for them to catch up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: