Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:45:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons you should avoid selling out of panic  (Read 880 times)
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:00:53 AM

Panic selling is not good because you didn't try to assess and evaluate the situation first before doing such actions. Panic selling is favorite thing of whales out there cause it usually resulted to decline in prices. Remember that cryptocurrency is so volatile.
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:53:39 AM

reasonable, because when really understand what being held for investment, it will remain calm under the circumstances though it was falling. much has happened in for crypto simply expect results and it is the wrong thing. When the price of crypto down then they have no reason to stay so that the panic too carried by the flow of the words of others that are not necessarily true.
gerbas

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:58:48 AM

One of the peculiar attributes of most crypto enthusiasts is selling out of panic. Whenever this happens, it is accompanied by some flaws and setbacks. Reasons why you should avoid selling out of panic are:

1. Dump in price - Sometimes, it does not affect the price of the coin you are dumping alone, it can also affect the general market prices coins, most especially when there is massive dump of prominent coins such as, bitcoin, ethereum and so on.

2. Loss of Investment - you are likely going to loose your investment, because most times, when you panic sell, you sell at lower prices than required. Your profit might be affected, so also your invested capital.

3. Attack on blockchain technology - it might call on attacks on blockchain technology from different quarters. You begin to see people spread more negative news about blockchain and cryptocurrency. For instance, people may begin to talk of crash, scam and so on.

4. Emotional Imbalance: panic alongside the accompanying losses might lead to emotional imbalance in some investors and afterwards the resulting effect on health, such as hypertension and other health implications.

Some people attribute FUDs and perhaps regulations to most of these flaws, which are not. Even though there are FUDs being spread, if we do not panic, the crypto space will be a safe haven for investment.
How many proposed regulations these days have really been implemented? So, why are we bothering ourselves? Some countries such as China, that even succeeded in some of their regulations, does not seem to avoid the crypto world in entirety.

Those who cause panic mainly know that most people cannot control it. Which is why those who take advantage of it, use it as a weapon in the crypto space for their gains.

Note:
I am not telling you not to sell whenever you notice there is going to be bearish market, but take your time to relax and think about it, make your calculations and if you are sure there will be bearish market, sell and buy back when you are also sure it is low enough.

Panic selling happen a lot, especially the new trader. Because of the panic selling it could affect the market condition, making it even worse. the coins fall deeper than it was. I believe that being patient is one of many things needed to become a good trader.
Striker17

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:59:21 AM

Absolutely true, we must think positive when we face the bearish market situation. And it's a bad decision if we sell our coins when market is down, instead of selling our coins, its good if we buy coins with a potential growth while market is still unstable.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
Chronner

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:06:07 AM

Everything is absolutely correct, but as they say in poker - bkz fish sharks would eat each other and it would not be poker but chess) Without such a panikerv it would be difficult to make money on this market

V O L E N T I X   █   Decentralized Change   █   3rd Party DAPP Platform
▬ •  VENUE  • ▬  Social Rewards Platform   █   ANN   TWITTER   TELEGRAM   █   ▬ • VDEX • ▬  Decentralized Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ( V ) BETA TESTER  |  Designed by Zpectrum    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Correlll

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:15:13 AM

You should always avoid panic, because the decisions that were made in panic, will cause only loses. Even when the market is falling and your portfolio is dumping, you need to stay calm or you will sell you tokens deep. Patience is the key and it will be rewarded.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:58:31 AM

You should always avoid panic, because the decisions that were made in panic, will cause only loses. Even when the market is falling and your portfolio is dumping, you need to stay calm or you will sell you tokens deep. Patience is the key and it will be rewarded.

Yeah, investors should calm down and reconsider their investment whether to keep or sell. Do not fomo follow the market when you see the value of some altcoin increase or decrease. That just makes your money less and less more
Chronner

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:48:35 PM

Yeah, investors should calm down and reconsider their investment whether to keep or sell. Do not fomo follow the market when you see the value of some altcoin increase or decrease. That just makes your money less and less more
You can even say more - good investors always invest when the price falls. But here you need to be careful because the price may fall after the company or project has become a scam.

V O L E N T I X   █   Decentralized Change   █   3rd Party DAPP Platform
▬ •  VENUE  • ▬  Social Rewards Platform   █   ANN   TWITTER   TELEGRAM   █   ▬ • VDEX • ▬  Decentralized Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ( V ) BETA TESTER  |  Designed by Zpectrum    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:50:12 PM

No matter how you do it, investors become smarter and the most important thing is to be more transparent and have a good idea that could really bring serious dividends that will delight investors, just analyze the projects always.
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:02:03 PM

There's much more to be considered any specific reason why some people sell out of panic is fear of losing everything, their emotional imbalance could be triggered by this, expectation was the price to rice but in reality price could depreciate in a bit. Also, negative news that could cause the holder to fear and doubt what will happen, out of anxiety and fear people tend to panic again. So the best way to avoid this one is set a time line and never ever trade with emotion, if price going down set when to cut losses.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:18:40 PM

Let's start with the fact that crisis situations in any market are normal, they were created for the purpose of screening, as well as to improve competitiveness in the market, thereby strengthening the market itself, but the most important aspect is that this is all temporary and nothing more

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:01:53 PM

The best thing is to always avoid panic selling your coins since when you are panic selling you are doing so at a loss which means that you will not be making any profit from selling the coins. Also it just contributes to driving down the price of the coins because you will be dumping a lot of coins into the market increasing the supply. If you are in the market to make profit then you should not panic sell your coins
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:58:23 PM

Panic is a sign that we unable to predict such things to happening. Of course most panic selling cases will not make benefit to us.
So, when we see the price of our coins going down, we must calculate and predict what coin will be best to buy when the market is on the bottom, so we can get profit later because we buy it with cheap price instead panic selling our coins.
rika0223

Activity: 634
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:06:01 PM

One of the peculiar attributes of most crypto enthusiasts is selling out of panic. Whenever this happens, it is accompanied by some flaws and setbacks. Reasons why you should avoid selling out of panic are:

1. Dump in price - Sometimes, it does not affect the price of the coin you are dumping alone, it can also affect the general market prices coins, most especially when there is massive dump of prominent coins such as, bitcoin, ethereum and so on.

2. Loss of Investment - you are likely going to loose your investment, because most times, when you panic sell, you sell at lower prices than required. Your profit might be affected, so also your invested capital.

3. Attack on blockchain technology - it might call on attacks on blockchain technology from different quarters. You begin to see people spread more negative news about blockchain and cryptocurrency. For instance, people may begin to talk of crash, scam and so on.

4. Emotional Imbalance: panic alongside the accompanying losses might lead to emotional imbalance in some investors and afterwards the resulting effect on health, such as hypertension and other health implications.

Some people attribute FUDs and perhaps regulations to most of these flaws, which are not. Even though there are FUDs being spread, if we do not panic, the crypto space will be a safe haven for investment.
How many proposed regulations these days have really been implemented? So, why are we bothering ourselves? Some countries such as China, that even succeeded in some of their regulations, does not seem to avoid the crypto world in entirety.

Those who cause panic mainly know that most people cannot control it. Which is why those who take advantage of it, use it as a weapon in the crypto space for their gains.

Note:
I am not telling you not to sell whenever you notice there is going to be bearish market, but take your time to relax and think about it, make your calculations and if you are sure there will be bearish market, sell and buy back when you are also sure it is low enough.

all depends on each individual, there are people who when they see the market price a little they panic and immediately want to sell it I think that you should think before you regret after losing the money you have, can ask each other to someone who can be trusted to ask whether it should be a thing to do
Fortified
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:14:20 PM

Note:

So this just  like a guide for the  beginners of trading and composure is really important of this kind of business so that you can have better decision , then can be able pick the right coin to sell and the right coin to hold .

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:54:54 PM

The best thing is to always avoid panic selling your coins since when you are panic selling you are doing so at a loss which means that you will not be making any profit from selling the coins. Also it just contributes to driving down the price of the coins because you will be dumping a lot of coins into the market increasing the supply. If you are in the market to make profit then you should not panic sell your coins

From the fact that you repeat many times "don't sell when you are in a panic", nothing will change for me. A man panics when any action provokes him to panic. And at this moment his life experience suggests that things will only get worse. And sometimes it happens. Therefore, to panic or not is a personal decision.
Qu1ck$1Lv3r

Activity: 170

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

We as a investors shouldnt sell during panic. I always try to buy more during dumps and panics. I believe panic times is opportunity for us. We should accumulate during bear seasons. Maybe only we need to be careful while accumulating coin can be more dump. So during accumulation always we need to have some fiat more.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:00:48 PM

The reasons are quite adequate, therefore I want you to understand today the significance of all this. Therefore, I believe that, in general, cryptocurrencies should unequivocally receive a correct and rational assessment before deciding to buy or sell and not make a decision in a panic
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 03:05:56 PM

I do not really sell my altcoins out of panic but more on out of need. Even if I don't want to sell yet but since I'm in dire need of money and because I don't have much choice sometimes than to sell then it's like doing things which you do not want to but you need to. Also there are times when I do nit have much patience with my holding I tend to sell just to get even and I would buy another token to replace the one I sell.
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 03:28:34 PM

I totally agree with you on this write up. It's sadden to see the way and rate at which people sell out their altcoins out of panic, all in the name of fall in market price. This won't  help the market situation a bit.
Well, it depends on individual's mind set.

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: