Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:45:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO investment tips?  (Read 518 times)
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

How and when do you guys decide whether to invest or not on an ICO? Do you have a checklist that you follow?
The first tip is to never take the team for levity. This should always be your first target and where you should concentrate on the most, as they are the ones you are going to eventually be leaving your funds with and you really do not want to be leaving your funds in the hand of a team that can absolutely not deliver based on the lack of past experiences.

If you feel the team is Ok for you, then you can go ahead taking a look at the availability of a product as that is what counts the most and that is what you are investing into. If all these things are in place, then all other things can follow when it comes to the full technical details of the project.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:03:22 PM

Its not the best time to invest in an ICO. I prefer to wait for an uptrend on Bitcoin prices.
But there are some gems around search on announcements page to find a nice ico.

A good project can create a big hype, remember if the token sale will be sold out instantly and then there was a lot people are still not getting a chance to participate in the crowdsale and they will try to take opportunity through waiting for that token to be listed on the exchange site.
The result of project will depend on the hype of the project itself.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
AltEvangelist

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:25:04 PM

Detailed some steps to follow to avoid scam ICOs here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5024445.msg46019400#msg46019400

But the most important point of all is to find whether it is absolutely necessary to have the coin/token in the first place (i.e. would the project not be possible without a coin/token Eg. ETH for smart contracts) or whether having the coin/token actually solves an existing problem/fills a gap (Eg. Streamr - data ownership and tokenization) or whether it's a novelty item that captures a niche market (Eg. cryptokitties). If any of the above is true, then it is an ICO worth exploring.
Noizebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:42:06 PM

I think that it is necessary to invest in strong projects that do not attract investors through the bounty program and which do not have discounts for early investors, all investors should have one price for coins
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:53:14 PM

This is a general tip in investing and not just in investing in ICOs:

In investing you should always have the right or proper mindset and setting of expectations and investing your assets. That would mean that it will be gone for quite sometime so that means if you are fully depending in the investments that you got will not get you food in your plate on a daily basis that means you should always thing of it as another way to circulate your money. Also set an expectation that you can either lose or gain from that investments and not all investment can make gains because some of it will make you lose more than what you think.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:57:59 PM

This might a big help. I explore most often on ICO's there are bunch of ICO's that willing to raise funds on behalf of bitcoin mainstream adoption. Some developer will copy all the details, whitepaper on different coins that was listed on cmc. So please guys be aware of this kind of ICO's
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:01:58 PM

You need find more info as much as you can check links for team and etc and then you sure its not scam try understnad what they want to do what project would be done hard cap softcap if they have and you need unederstand its long term investiment.

ColdEmbrace

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:10:27 PM

Investing in ICO's nowadays is very risky. You must do an extensive research if the team members are legit, checking their linkedin profiles is if it's not fake, following their ANN thread and joining their telegram/discord channels as it will give you a clue if the team is legit. If you don't see much activity on the chatroom and no productive conversations then usually I stay away from it.
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:15:12 PM

I think that it is necessary to invest in strong projects that do not attract investors through the bounty program and which do not have discounts for early investors, all investors should have one price for coins

Ofcourse investing in a genuine project will give you a good return. You need to research on the project as most of them are scammers today, also go through media and LinkedIn profile will help you too to check about their status.
sky9314

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:17:47 PM

My tip: Do not invest in ICOs. ICOs are not as much profitable these days compared to last year. If I were interested in a certain ICO(though extremely unlikely), I'd probably buy it after the distribution instead, as prices are sometimes lower after the coins/tokens are accepted on exchanges.

Absolutely correct advice, although you may sound like this suggestion is not the same, but the fact is, this year's ICO has too many scams, even those icos that are not scam can not let you get a high return, so from a risk perspective, don't invest in any ICO is the best advice.
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:20:34 PM

How and when do you guys decide whether to invest or not on an ICO? Do you have a checklist that you follow?
for beginners it is best to follow the rating on icobench, their team consists of several experts in their respective fields and projects that get high ratings by them have proven successful.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 01:22:04 PM

There some steps that I always do before I decide to buy an ICO, the first one and I think the most important is to check the Team behind the ICO, there are tons of ico that use random google picture, means that it does not have a real team, this kind of ico easily get eliminated from my list. Other type is ICO that has a real team but most of them do not have experience in the ICO or even crypto world, most of the time I will not buy this kind of ICO but sometimes I do check their whitepaper and do deep research about their project, vision etc. if it has a real use-case and legit, I will buy it.

Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:22:52 PM

For ICOs investment do not follow any certain rule for all ICOs. You should investigate of your own and first of all check the company website whether it is authentic or not. Just check the website is https:// if not secured then ignore this ico. Then if the website is genuine then search for the company data one by one and evaluate the long-term viability of the company.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

You need to really make sure that you have money to invest that you don't mind losing. That is the rule no 1. DO NOT INVEST your grocery money and money you need to pay your rent and bills with. Secondly, check out the Team. Are they creditworthy and legit? Also, check to see if they have partnerships and backers in a place like venture capital companies. These could be good places to park your investments in as these companies have already done a lot of due diligence before backing these projects.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:15:29 PM

Seeing that it is currently experiencing a downturn, if you use the ICO to make investments, I think that is impossible, because there are so many investors who suffer losses.
Actually this is the effect of prices that do not allow to invest.
apitico

Activity: 571

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:00:24 PM

I am personally afraid to invest in ICO, because if you even choose a successful project that e will not be a fraud, nor any other kind of Scam, the probability that you will still end up losing money is very high.

keykey1

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:09:00 PM

If you want to find the right profitable ICO then look for the strong team members and don't waste your time on trying to understand a number of technological peculiarities which are represented in whitepaper.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:45:19 PM

looking at the project team and in what field the project will have a good impact for the future, and most importantly looking at the sale of the ICO
mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:15:57 PM

Before investing or joining a company, I always check if a project is a scam, there are several threads on the forum dedicated to this topic, you can also check through Google search by writing the name of the project and adding the word scam.
higgidave

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:51:42 AM

It is very hard to say because it cant be used in all cases. However, I also give you one advice. That is reading review posts in some good rating websites. Most of them are experts and they can give you important information
I think you should study and look for the ico review websites which tell for ratings and also to keep the deep analysis of such projects. Please add this analysis to your sheet that  which projects are good or bad and planning and then invest after carefully thinking that it is worth investing or not.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: