Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token price dropping after ICO, why so?  (Read 32288 times)
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:02:10 PM

There is no demand, that is easy as a pie. IF trusted altcoins with working product have decreased like 80%, so why should we keep money in just listed coins?
I would better cash out and buy top altcoins
most of my ICO investment, their tokens price also dropping after ICO, most of them drop more than 70% of tokens value, I'm confused why people won't support project with working product, current I haven't earn profit in ICO investment, but I still believe ICO may let me gain high profit later, so I keep research potential project and wait for the future

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:15:24 PM

I think there are two main factors that lead to a decline in the price of ICO after ICO, the first is that when the project is successful, enough capital is mobilized, the developers are not focused on continuing to develop their product to the user. So the coin is unlikely to contact the consumer, secondly because the bounty hunter sells coins at low prices.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:10:55 PM

I have taken part of some ICOs and everytime their token price goes down after the ICO.. why is that so?

EDIT:
oh, nice.. that was helpful and pretty much what I was looking for.. thanks for sharing

Hey

That might be helpful for you to understand the reason behind it - http://cryptoandblockchaintalk.com/why-do-prices-drop-when-an-ico-ends-27

Take care!
It happens most of the time, but there are some exceptions. I have seen tokens traded above ICO price after listing, even in this bearish market. An example of such is MTC. It traded above  and  investors were able to make their profits. Which means that the nature of the project and the team behind it are also strong factors that contribute to the price.
Subchanallah

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

I have taken part of some ICOs and everytime their token price goes down after the ICO.. why is that so?

EDIT:
oh, nice.. that was helpful and pretty much what I was looking for.. thanks for sharing

Hey

That might be helpful for you to understand the reason behind it - http://cryptoandblockchaintalk.com/why-do-prices-drop-when-an-ico-ends-27

Take care!

Chances are if you bought ETH to contribute to an ICO, by the time the ICO was over and the tokens were unlocked 2–3 months later, the value of ETH had gone down another $200 or more in that time or many bounty hunter selling they coins  Huh Huh
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:08:26 PM

Look, the cryptocurrency market is no different from the usual, and taking into account all the recent events taking place on the market, the access of tokens to the stock exchange is very expensive for the projects themselves, especially since there are large investors involved in the sale of tokens and even in the early stages they invest in the project and talk bonuses, and then they sell these bonus tokens thereby

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:58:20 PM

EDIT:

Hey

Take care!

It is always that way because as soon as the coins are listed on the exchanges they are not picked up immediately and we all know that the amount of trading being done on a coin is what determines its value. So it needs time for the investors of the coins to get their coins on the exchanges and start to trade in the coin which is when the price of the coin goes up

Triwiyono

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:27:04 PM

it often happens, the token price will go down after ico or even after the token is listed on the exchanger. That is because at the beginning of the listing many investors immediately sell their tokens, prices will go down because too many sell from those who buy. that's my opinion why the price of the token dropped after ico.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
hoddddler
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

Crypto24Radio.com 🎧 🎤 🎸

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:11:48 AM

Lots of good stuff in the thread! ICOs are such a big part of crypto right now. You should know what is going on and why. Great posts everyone  Wink

EDIT:

Hey

Take care!

✅ News ✅ Interviews ✅ Podcast ✅ Music ✅ 24/7 👉 www.Crypto24Radio.com
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:19:20 AM

EDIT:

Hey

Take care!
Tokens price dropping after ico because many people that do bounties and bonus will like to dump their coins because they get it through rendering services and since they did not not invest their can sell it at any price. Another reason is volume. Remember that it is the volume that determines pricing and most of the tokens did not have volume that will make big investors to come in.
Bobwallet93

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:38:45 AM

Hi there!

Most ICO's have private pre sales, wich means that those investors get alot of bonus discount. These pre sales come often in multiple stages, this befor the actual sale phase begins.

Those private investors can sell there coins for ico price or even way under and still make alot of profit. If you get them for 75%discount you can still make 25 % profit whencyou sell them for the halve of the actual ICO price.

So be early! Dont forget that bounty hunters and airdrop holders also dump.

Greetings! Cool

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
Gershonxer

Activity: 237
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:15:38 AM

1. These past few months, its been difficult for ICO to makw about X2 ROI returns because of the current market (bears)
2. Bad tokenmetrics
Eg. Some projects are so greedy that even after collecting money from investors they alllocate little % for token sale form total suppy of tokens.
3. Projects with too much discounts and no pre sale lockups tend to dump hard.
4. Marketing
Live product + viral marketing = prevents dump
5. Delay with exchange listing
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:53:02 PM

Right after the ICO there is a lot of agiotage around a newly-listed coin. Large trading volumes provide high price volatility.

Veter2000

Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:34:38 PM

There is no demand, that is easy as a pie. IF trusted altcoins with working product have decreased like 80%, so why should we keep money in just listed coins?
I would better cash out and buy top altcoins
most of my ICO investment, their tokens price also dropping after ICO, most of them drop more than 70% of tokens value, I'm confused why people won't support project with working product, current I haven't earn profit in ICO investment, but I still believe ICO may let me gain high profit later, so I keep research potential project and wait for the future

Which of the projects whose tokens you bought during the ICO already has a working product and effective demand for its services, but at the same time the price of their tokens has dropped dramatically?
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 06:47:20 AM

It is because of the market condition and most probably the dumpers. Some investors blame the bounty hunters for dumping the tokens and making the price looks inappropriate. But the fact that they don't see is that big investors have the huge discount, compared to the allocation of the bounty hunters. But they both can surely damage the price if they decide to dump the tokens in a worthless price.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
baigreen

Activity: 625

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:56:01 AM

It is because of the market condition and most probably the dumpers. Some investors blame the bounty hunters for dumping the tokens and making the price looks inappropriate. But the fact that they don't see is that big investors have the huge discount, compared to the allocation of the bounty hunters. But they both can surely damage the price if they decide to dump the tokens in a worthless price.

Hunters have only 5% of coins. The project team, bounty managers also drop their coins very often. And this is from 20-30% of all tokens. The investors themselves stop believing in the project and also throw down coins. After that, the price of a coin is significantly reduced.
hanxinvwang

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:00:26 AM

This is due to insufficient purchasing power. When many investors or hunters think that their profit from ICO is enough, they will choose to sell these tokens immediately!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:00:59 AM

Previously, everyone kept hold their coins. But now there are many participants in the bounty. And since the market does not behave consistently. Everyone is trying to bring at least something at a good price. And this starts the drain and the price drops.

One should note that Market is Volatile, is unpredictable, once the project are in the open market after it was launched, it now dependent on the consumer's behavior towards such project if these is profitable for possible investment, either for long term or short term, the white paper, the market structure, the profile, the fundamentals of such project should have a market impact to sustain the market after ICO launching on the market. The support system is the most important indicators for the coin price value to remain high or stable on the market.there are some indicators that affect the market ups and down but it will always boils down to the fundamentals, market structure of such coin to be visible in the eyes of consumer's investors.
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:08:52 AM

It is no news again that early investors, bounty hunters and airdropers dump the price of a coin.If the project itself is not solid enough and show no sign of pospect,such coin will surely dump.
Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:14:57 AM

EDIT:

Hey

Take care!
that quite certainly feels the loss of the value experienced by the ethereum. This gives a big impact surely even up to now this feels. When the value of owned back certainly at the very least it will help ICO price the better. Moreover, much of the news that the ethereum will readily hard fork and certainly likely at least help give a pretty good value.
Abuchi2

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Sometimes people that couse it are the bounty hunters the sell off immediately the recieve there tokens which make the coins go down. Why because bounty hunters don't have patients like investor's.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: