Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token price dropping after ICO, why so?  (Read 32288 times)
AngellSky

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:06:06 PM

Previously, everyone kept hold their coins. But now there are many participants in the bounty. And since the market does not behave consistently. Everyone is trying to bring at least something at a good price. And this starts the drain and the price drops.
Today, for the most part, the project is very weak. And not only the participants of the Bounty, Yes, and investors are trying to get a quick profit, with minimal losses.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:07:50 PM

Because the bounty hunters and the early buyer sell as soon the coin is listed somewhere. Since there an important volume of sales then the price goes down
Fritz93

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:11:04 PM

At the moment, due to the crisis on the gate of cryptocurrency, almost every coin when entering the market has a price below ICO. I think if you invest in ICO, then do it for a long time, and do not expect to get a quick profit.
Copod (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

crypto merchandise from www.RealCoinStore.com

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:55:26 PM

Because the bounty hunters and the early buyer sell as soon the coin is listed somewhere. Since there an important volume of sales then the price goes down

yes that makes sense.. but how can you prevent that?

buying all my crypto merchandise from www.realcoinstore.com - tshirt, hoodies, mugs, coins, pillows, tote bags and more 🌟 FREE SHIPPING 🌟 on all coins and keychains
lrvjvt

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:06:23 PM

Because once the ICO is over, many investors will dump the tokens and exchange them for more stable coins such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, so after most icos are over, the price of the token will fall. Of course, the price of the token may also Will rise, which was common last year, but this year it is almost impossible.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Ronziessin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:13:42 PM

People want to quickly sell coins they got on an airdrop. It's free money for them and they want them asap.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:16:28 PM

There are many reasons for that but the important one is the investors dumping their coins when it listed on exchanges so the prices fell much from the ICO price that is why lot of people lose their interest on ICO investment where making profits become highly impossible in 2018.But not all projects are facing this there maybe some excemption so you need to find really good project to make money.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:29:47 PM

I have taken part of some ICOs and everytime their token price goes down after the ICO.. why is that so?

Common and not a surprising thing that do happen when it comes to ICO investments where dumping its price lower into its ICO price and thats the risk of it and this is why i dont make any put ups into projects either the project would turn to be a scam or would dump its price to the floor when it do hits exchangers.Out 3 ICO i have participated all of them didnt give out any profits due to price dump even i did able to get in when its still on pre-sale.
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:37:42 PM

I have taken part of some ICOs and everytime their token price goes down after the ICO.. why is that so?

EDIT:
oh, nice.. that was helpful and pretty much what I was looking for.. thanks for sharing

Hey

That might be helpful for you to understand the reason behind it - http://cryptoandblockchaintalk.com/why-do-prices-drop-when-an-ico-ends-27

Take care!

in my opinion, the problem is because many new people are hoping to get a lot of profit just by investing in the ICO, it's a pity this is done simultaneously, and that's how prices can drop far below the ICO price.
on the other hand they think prices will be more difficult to rise if they are below the ICO, eventually they want or do not want them to sell even if they lose
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:38:13 PM

Big players and investors are responsible for this they just want easy and quick money by buying at a huge discount at presale and dumping once exchange is activated and the ico owners just doesnt care about it once they reached the soft cap/hardcap the target funds I know there is something wrong with the current ICO system to avoid dumping big players tokens/coins must be lock for a year by smart contract also ICO regulation is a must.
JEFF001

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:44:57 PM

very serious question ... what to do and how to find the potential project as there are so many icos every day.
Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:46:21 PM

EDIT:
oh, nice.. that was helpful and pretty much what I was looking for.. thanks for sharing

Hey

That might be helpful for you to understand the reason behind it - http://cryptoandblockchaintalk.com/why-do-prices-drop-when-an-ico-ends-27

Take care!

Because of the huge bonuses that are bein given during early stages like private sale,where bonuses can get up to 100%,sometiems even more,and then in the end those just dump the tokens with nice profit while those that got 20% bonus keep hodling and waiting for recovery,that mostly never comes.During this bear market its best to avoid investing in any ICO.Unless you are among that group that gets 100% bonus Tongue
Vart4varta

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:46:27 PM

hi, I think that the price of the token is falling, because of the sale of the coins of participants of the bounty companies, they sell tokens at the lowest possible price.
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:57:32 PM

EDIT:

Hey

Take care!
Its thanks to you to provide that links, it's really giving information but, i think the cryptocurrency will be going down again but it will also has time when it bounce back again.
TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:02:09 PM

Many people buy altcoins not for investment purposes, but for the purpose of speculation. Because of the high interest of ICO in 2017, people have neglected the essence of ICO. The essence of ICO should be to solve the problem, not a Ponzi scheme. But now many ICOs don't solve any problems, their purpose is just to swindle money.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:02:23 PM

Price drop of newly listed token could happen as a result of my factors in cryptocurrency market. The cryptocurrency market may be bearish, people will be less enthusiastic about future of such token and they may sell for any  amount.

yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:04:36 PM

1. Lack of demands from the people. Some ICO is not having a good start in the market.

2. The exchanger is not a good thing to choose, as some demands are from restricted country.

3. There are some bounty participants dumping their tokens.

4. Too much airdrop from ICO.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 03:06:01 PM

It is a deep reoccurring problem which no one has been able to comprehend why
But they say investors dump or Airdroppper dumps or bounty hunters dump

Even when tokens were locked and precautions were take
It still dumped

So let’s just know what we are doing

Yes, this is the exact reason why some projects don't do bounty programs and airdrops. It just increases the chances your token prices plummet after the ICO ends and your token goes to exchanges.

Yes some don't do campaigns and airdrops but that is also the reason why the tokens were not sold so much because of marketing issues. In the end when tokens are on the exchange there is not much value. Unless of course they really do have a real good project with a useful token worth investing. Right now where the bear market is almost over those tokens that are being dumped are usually useless tokens.

darkangel020716

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:13:41 PM

Its dropping after ICO because there are dumpers from different side of the projects, like weakhands, weakhands only wants to make profits by dumping at the current price, because they want to get the bonus reward from the ICO at thesame time dump all coins/tokens ahead. Lessen of investors, lessen of investors maybe also a reason of droping, because there will be no volume made in the trade markets if no one wants to invest in ICO project to full/attracts investors from the outside.
telradtraverse

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:14:00 PM

probably the coin just isn't worth that much, or there could be a similar problem with it
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: