Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if there is a natural disaster, such as an earthquake?  (Read 1726 times)
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:37:52 AM

If a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, affected only one, or even several countries, it will not seriously affect the cryptocurrency and its price in these countries. The consequences of earthquakes are eliminated fairly quickly, international organizations help and everything quickly returns to normal. Only if the consequences of such a disaster are not eliminated for a long time and led to inflation, the demand for cryptocurrency in the disaster zone may increase and it will increase in price.

Zurcermozz

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:18:17 AM

Having a disaster can affect crypto. Example: When a disaster happens, Every individual will focus to their lives, love ones etc. rather than anything.
Also when an earthquake happens, Electricity will not function and internet and other crypto related in the given location. Example : Location A is a bitcoin mining site, and an earthquake happened there. It may stop functioning , destruction of hardware. And ya know what will happen next
krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:26:17 AM

we know if a country experiences a natural disaster, the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. because of the many damaged road access and also damaged buildings which caused the economic collapse and of course that made the country's economy go down. my question is, does it have a big effect on crypto state? we know that there is no need for a way to go, and a wide place for incapacity. but when a disaster occurs, it is likely that the signal will be lost and difficult to access. and if the recovery process takes place long after the disaster, how is the condition of Kripro that might occur?

I will be very happy with your opinion

In case a natural disaster occurs, I will be more concerned about the life of people affected than my crypto holdings.

We should not place money above human lifes.
nguli

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:44:20 AM

I think the development of cryptocurrecny will still be there because this system has a bakcup, which can still be in the bakcup and the system of the blockchain is spread in its network so that when there is a point affected by the earthquake it will be replaced with another point which surely this bitcoin will completely die when the earth this is split in two and destroyed.
zhelis74

Activity: 510

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:00:02 AM

If a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, affected only one, or even several countries, it will not seriously affect the cryptocurrency and its price in these countries. The consequences of earthquakes are eliminated fairly quickly, international organizations help and everything quickly returns to normal. Only if the consequences of such a disaster are not eliminated for a long time and led to inflation, the demand for cryptocurrency in the disaster zone may increase and it will increase in price.
Yes, natural disaster has a little impact to a crypto currency since we know that crypto currency is a decentralized system
that its mode of transaction is a peer to peer system on the blockchain, unless the scope of a disaster is affected globally or there
is a worldwide tragedy, but I think if that will happen its already the end of the world and no one make an escape of that.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:52:56 AM

If the disaster is not a world wide disaster than I don't think it will have much impact on the prices of crypto currencies. Now lets see what the situation will be if a disaster happens on a specific country. The economy might fall. They might start using bitcoin not as a currency but a storage value to secure their funds and assets. Using them as a currency would be not possible since there might be time to time power outage or the internet might not be stable. Again, most merchants don't accept bitcoin as a form of payment.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:36:30 AM

we know if a country experiences a natural disaster, the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. because of the many damaged road access and also damaged buildings which caused the economic collapse and of course that made the country's economy go down. my question is, does it have a big effect on crypto state? we know that there is no need for a way to go, and a wide place for incapacity. but when a disaster occurs, it is likely that the signal will be lost and difficult to access. and if the recovery process takes place long after the disaster, how is the condition of Kripro that might occur?

Hey whenever a country witness earthquakes the effected area is partially disconnected from the world, so yes we may see little impact on cryptos, however that'll be only be felt in the effected area. It'll be due to the after reactions of earthquakes which may partially block internet services, and hence they won't be able to deal in it, some may even loose their wallets and their coins.

Also lastly during such a major disaster worrying about crypto would be the last thing on a person's mind.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:48:14 AM

Natural disasters won't give an effect toward cryptocurrency, moreover if occurs to the country that was extraneous with the utilization of cryptocurrency. Natural disasters only affect in the direction of access if there are someone wants to see the situation of their assets for a trader mainly, like what you said the signal condition will die for a while before any improvement by the government.

I'm just a little weird when something that was happened in this world so many people will hook it with cryptocurrency circumstances. Even though everything that has happened doesn't always have to do with cryptocurrency, especially in the matter of price. Might some people think cryptocurrency functions are very broad and can be used anything. However, in the incident of a natural disaster will have little role for cryptocurrency, for instance, can use a means of sending money for some countries to make donations, and this method will be faster than other tools.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:54:07 AM

Yes, natural disaster has a little impact to a crypto currency since we know that crypto currency is a decentralized system
that its mode of transaction is a peer to peer system on the blockchain, unless the scope of a disaster is affected globally or there
is a worldwide tragedy, but I think if that will happen its already the end of the world and no one make an escape of that.

Good point, natural disaster can affect country that has been penetrated and not the entire chain, in majority it wont affect the market not unless it's
happening all over the world, hopefully it will not, crytpo is another alternative ways whcih can be more helpful if the system will be adopted as it can
be a more quicker way to send help for those who are affected of a natural calamity.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:53:24 AM

I think as long country using their own currency or paper money, i am believe it will not affecting on bitcoin price. Bitcoin used in many country in the world and if one country have a dissaster, it will not give big effect to bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized cryptocurrency

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:06:16 AM

the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. because of the many damaged road access and also damaged buildings which caused the economic collapse and of course that made the country's economy go down. my question is, does it have a big effect on crypto state?
I get what you are pointing about but for me the answer is NO? Calamities only caused infrastructure damage and decline/delay on the economic growth not greatly affect the crypto market simply because it's a whole different thing, not also including the fact that whole countries around the globe embrace blockchain technology. If you say that all crypto investors dump their coin at once then that is the time when the market will be damage.

Relax, earthquakes scenarios are isolated cases. No need to worry about when it comes to crypto world Grin.
how is the condition of Kripro that might occur?
What do you mean by Kripro? I'm clueless about it to be honest.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:40:47 AM

It will be the same as credit cards, unusable for a while.
However, assuming the infrastructure is damaged severely beyond repair, we can still have a blockchain approach based on mesh networks that's more segmented. The same idea for LN can be used to enable local use if the population decided to still value it and we had someway to keep our devices powered.
Well, unusable for sure for a while, but nothing will change in the long run as you will still be able to access them anyway once you are able to get hold of an internet. In cases like this, usually, a lot of things and activities get halted which generally affects that economy and getting out of it sometimes can be very tough.

But I do not see how this would generally affect cryptocurrency negatively since it is a globally used digital currency and a disaster in a place will only lead to very few people not being able to access their cryptocurrencies, that is all but eventually, this is not going to be forever, unless maybe they lost their private key in a collapsed building though.
charlotte04

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

Maybe it is going to affect the crypto market if 80% of the people in the world will be using it. But for know those people who are here in the crypto world early will be at ease since a lot of people will be trouble getting in if there would be some problems with fiats.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:08:48 PM

Any event has an impact - small or big - on the economy, and obviously a natural disaster has a powerful and - usually - negative impact.
But this is independent of the currency that is used, so I do not see any effects on bitcoins.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:16:22 PM

We have to think of the possibilities that may happen if there's a natural disaster like an Earthquake. But I don't think that it will affect the Cryptocurrency of the Bitcoin at all. But who knows? maybe it will actually have a big impact in crypto too.

Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:22:05 PM

if you want to know the impact of a disaster on the price of BTC, there might be very little impact that feels not even at all, depending on where the disaster occurs, if the disaster occurs in an area that does not have an average economic impact and has no connection whatsoever altogether with BTC, it can be said that disasters will have no impact on btc or crypto, even to have an impact on the price of the index, the stock price in the country where the disaster occurred will be very small and not even felt at all
davit putra
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:47:56 PM

Natural disasters such as earthquakes are only in certain areas and will have an impact on economic change in the area, but for crypto it is not limited to regions and natural disasters do not affect crypto.

Lotus

Activity: 107
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 06:07:24 PM

It will be the same as credit cards, unusable for a while.
However, assuming the infrastructure is damaged severely beyond repair, we can still have a blockchain approach based on mesh networks that's more segmented. The same idea for LN can be used to enable local use if the population decided to still value it and we had someway to keep our devices powered.
Well, unusable for sure for a while, but nothing will change in the long run as you will still be able to access them anyway once you are able to get hold of an internet. In cases like this, usually, a lot of things and activities get halted which generally affects that economy and getting out of it sometimes can be very tough.

But I do not see how this would generally affect cryptocurrency negatively since it is a globally used digital currency and a disaster in a place will only lead to very few people not being able to access their cryptocurrencies, that is all but eventually, this is not going to be forever, unless maybe they lost their private key in a collapsed building though.

Agreed. The length and magnitude is obviously dependent on how big the disaster is.

Forgotten Crypt - Zero-Trust trading. Take the guesswork out of trading.
http://www.ForgottenCrypt.com
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:15:05 PM

the effect will also be experience with fiat currencies if that happens thwn cash will be king at that time, but the bisiness will still go on with bitcoin since it is used globally not only in disastered area if ever

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:00:24 PM

It seems to me that more than one earthquake can not affect the cryptocurrency as statements on the social networks of popular analysts - which we always want to offer our opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: