Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if there is a natural disaster, such as an earthquake?  (Read 1727 times)
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:37:03 PM

It seems to me that more than one earthquake can not affect the cryptocurrency as statements on the social networks of popular analysts - which we always want to offer our opinion.
Depends on the intensity and location of the quake. Sometimes only a single quake turn cities into scrap. If it hits a hub of crypto city it can badly affect Bitcoin as well as the rest of crypto in the market. If a place where there is no access to technology for a common man would have no effect compared to any city of USA or UK.
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:22:20 PM

of course it could affect how the cryptocurrency market is, it could be that after the natural disaster there will be a decline but things like that don't usually last long, the cryptocurrency market is easy to get back to the increase lane

DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 10:28:09 PM

Natural disasters such as earthquakes are only in certain areas and will have an impact on economic change in the area, but for crypto it is not limited to regions and natural disasters do not affect crypto.
Natural disasters happen more and more in countries due to climate change, which will have very serious consequences for people but I believe it will not affect cryptocurrency. Because cryptocurrency is not affected by geography, space, and time, it is not affected by weather or natural disasters.

princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:07:21 AM

If an earthquake hits an area, and facilities used in accessing internet connection destroys, internet connection maybe paralized and it will be impossible to access the internet. We can't do anything about it but to wait until everything is fixed and normalized.
lephuqui

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:20:51 AM

we know if a country experiences a natural disaster, the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. because of the many damaged road access and also damaged buildings which caused the economic collapse and of course that made the country's economy go down. my question is, does it have a big effect on crypto state? we know that there is no need for a way to go, and a wide place for incapacity. but when a disaster occurs, it is likely that the signal will be lost and difficult to access. and if the recovery process takes place long after the disaster, how is the condition of Kripro that might occur?

I will be very happy with your opinion
When a disaster occurs in a country or region, the area will be disconnected, affecting economic activity ... But for crypto it will not really affect the operation. Its action extends to all countries and territories. So if you keep you will not have to worry if a disaster occurs.
Commotheon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:45:33 AM

we know if a country experiences a natural disaster, the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. because of the many damaged road access and also damaged buildings which caused the economic collapse and of course that made the country's economy go down. my question is, does it have a big effect on crypto state? we know that there is no need for a way to go, and a wide place for incapacity. but when a disaster occurs, it is likely that the signal will be lost and difficult to access. and if the recovery process takes place long after the disaster, how is the condition of Kripro that might occur?

Natural calamities or disasters doesnt really have an effect on the course run of the crypto market, it wont affect the prices of it or the project itself. Although in that affected area, the signals and internet connection will lost but that will only be the problem in that area, it wont generalized all in the crypto world.
I think yes it can be effect on bitcoins. I know its bit wired to say but what about those who have bitcoin on their wallet and not share there key or password to any one just suppose by natural disaster like earthquake.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:03:50 PM

At least, one thing I am sure of and certain is that unless there is an Armageddon, earthquake or a natural disaster cannot open in the whole world at the same time as it is usually subjected to one region and since cryptocurrency is a global thing, I do not see a way a natural disaster in a place would globally affect the cryptocurrency market.

Fiat is subject to the country in question and sure a lot of buildings being destroyed, people losing their lives, jobs being less, and activity being stalled economically can affect a lot but I do not see how that would have anything to do with the state of cryptocurrency. When it comes to availability of buyer and seller then there will be no differences between fiats and cryptos, you cannot transact when another end is not ready to transact with you. This is one example how a natural disaster may impact cryptos.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:33:01 PM

Bitcoin is a global thing, it is not local, which means if there is a natural disaster somewhere than it wouldn't change much on bitcoin since everywhere else in the world bitcoin would continue. Think about it like torrent videos and movies you download, if one seed/leech gets away than others pick it up, there is no way it would be affected by any natural disaster since its just one part of a whole thing.

Natural disasters in a mining heavy area might affect the hash rate for a while tho, which is really the only way it could affect bitcoin at all, aside from that there is really no way bitcoin could be affected by a local disaster.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:22:12 PM

If there is such a calamity like earthquake ,this is nature disaster , it will not affect the values of the cryptocurrency but it will really affect the movement of the business, for the supply of power and internet access will be temporary will shut off, for big repair so thst it can immediately serve back into business.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
jjohnathn

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:26:15 AM

Natural calamities or disasters doesnt really have an effect on the course run of the crypto market, it wont affect the prices of it or the project itself. Although in that affected area, the signals and internet connection will lost but that will only be the problem in that area, it wont generalized all in the crypto world.
It happens sometimes people got killed his bitcoin and wallets will be lost forever.I know my point don't make any sense but it can be highly possible.
wxa7115

Activity: 2772
Merit: 718

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:42:47 PM

The reason why the economy of a particular country may suffer after a natural disaster is because their centralized institutions, but bitcoin is completely different, bitcoin is a global currency that can be used in any country of the world, so if a natural disaster happens in a country bitcoin is going to be unaffected by it, the only way in which a natural disaster can affect bitcoin at all is that the disaster is global in its scale.

And there are very few disasters that can affect the world as a whole and if that were to happen it is very likely that the last thing that is going to worry you is that bitcoin is affected or not, at that point you will be worried about getting supplies like food and water to survive.
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:57:59 PM

The reason why the economy of a particular country may suffer after a natural disaster is because their centralized institutions, but bitcoin is completely different, bitcoin is a global currency that can be used in any country of the world, so if a natural disaster happens in a country bitcoin is going to be unaffected by it, the only way in which a natural disaster can affect bitcoin at all is that the disaster is global in its scale.

And there are very few disasters that can affect the world as a whole and if that were to happen it is very likely that the last thing that is going to worry you is that bitcoin is affected or not, at that point you will be worried about getting supplies like food and water to survive.

It's right. Only if a global catastrophe happens, only then can the cryptocurrency world suffer. But, unfortunately, in this case, not only it will suffer. And indeed, we will worry about other things at that moment. But still, I hope and believe that such a terrible event will never happen in the world.
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:00:16 AM

Different with fiat money value when eartquake or dissaster happen in a country, i think crypto will not affecting. Fiat money or government currency affecting on dissaster because its national economy and crypto is not a national currency and traded globally
Chicksteen

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:39:27 AM

Signals may be loss but Earthquakes usually occurs in a specific area with different intensity at some point depending if you're near a fault line or the focus of the earthquake but as long as you're far away from it then you're fine and I think that it won't affect the crypto value but deflation may occur and it will also affect the economic growth of the country.
I agree. There is a specific place and faults are the one affected by the disaster. It cannot affect other countries as long as there is internet connection to access bitcoin. Nothing to be scared that we lost access on bitcoin because it will still there even long time we cannot open to transact as long as we have the key.
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:18:06 AM

In my opinion, if the natural calamities would occur we cannot stop that to happen. Maybe their are places that devastated by the calamities and some are not so crypto is still alive.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
enogheghase123
Copper Member

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 05:39:57 AM

we all know that during a natural disaster lots of damages are done to the economy, but for crypto space, recovering your token after a disaster is possible, but will take some time,

0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:08:13 AM

As long as as the power source and signals are not affected it will be fine. Sometimes, typhoon has more damaging power than earthquake as it may damage internet service provider's tower which may result in signal to be lost and the power outage may occur. Here in my country earthquakes are natural occurence since we are in the pacific ring of fire area.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
realBitcoiner

Activity: 84

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:26:35 AM

If an earthquake hits an area, and facilities used in accessing internet connection destroys, internet connection maybe paralized and it will be impossible to access the internet. We can't do anything about it but to wait until everything is fixed and normalized.
If internet continues nothing will happen to cryptocurrency. It will still hold the market and people will recover their deficits without affecting crypto market. There are many big natural disasters in the world but we observed that dollar didn’t affect. The reason is that it is mandatory for survival. The same thing will happen in future disasters.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:27:19 AM

The cryptocurrency needs network support. If a disaster occurs, the communication system fails, and the cryptocurrency cannot be traded, the cryptocurrency will be meaningless!
Only when there is a network, the value of the cryptocurrency can be guaranteed!
vasilev456

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:39:04 AM

If an earthquake happens across the Earth, then most likely the continents will be divided again will be the total collapse of the entire Internet!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: