Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto After Death?  (Read 20769 times)
hima

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

Science, science

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 03:07:04 PM

Most likely, there will be a lot of time for his wallet. But if you’re thinking about it, you’ll be able to get it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:31:27 PM

this is interesting but funny too. if a person keeps his crypto assets in one of the wallets that he keeps secret for others and he dies. I think it will disappear and it is part of crypto that we have realized what we are doing, but crypto technology is not just there, there are other developers that make it easier to access, such as ledgers and wallets that are available on the handphone. usually I store a personal password in notepad on my computer and make it a file, I think it's easy to learn by my family because they already use crypto.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:59:02 PM

I hold my private keys in printed version in the safe together with other documents.
We have to be prepared for everything in life. It would be a waste, if nobody could access the wallets because we were irresponsible.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:02:00 PM

I think that if there are any savings in the cryptocurrency, it does not matter how old you are - you should leave the instructions to the authorized person how to access your funds. This is a very relevant and useful question.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Cmoh

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:04:27 PM

Yes, this is really a matter of thinking fact. But, now I think some project also already comes having the solution to this problem with their ICOs. So, be a part of that community. One project has already come with the ICO but the ICO could not be subscribed fully. So, that project is now in dead mode. The name of this project was ICOPASS. So, guys are requested to be a part of this project if it comes later or any other name with this type of solution.
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:07:37 PM

If the amount accumulated in the crypto is large, you can always use the services of a lawyer and draw up a will in case of death. This testament will contain the addresses, logins and passwords from all the wallets to which you want to share access, so if something happens to you, your family will be able to use your savings.

anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:16:36 PM

Stupid question. Nothing happens crypt there will lie for years. The entire crypto network is built roughly on anonymity. And this is good. Therefore, the state and do not want to take it.

If you believe your children you will let them know that you have savings here. And if you don’t want to pass them on by inheritance, you don’t need to know that you have a wallet.

javadevm8

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:21:50 PM

Gonna be awhile before new money starts coming in.
Marbelli

Activity: 182

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:26:48 PM

Yes, of course, I thought about it and it seems to me that besides the fact that you should know his password, someone from your relatives and relatives should also know it

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
ethalliance

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:28:42 PM

Yes, I do not think that death directly threatens cryptocurrency. Correction is a normal market condition. And do not prematurely panic. It is necessary to cool down and think well. So that patience and time will put everything in its place.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:31:18 PM

Cryptocurrencies are now at the very bottom, the lowest prices today and you may never see such prices again. This is recognized by many respected traders, you can read about it on the Internet. I also think that today it is necessary to invest very actively in altcoins, because they depend on BTC
dodocum

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 05:36:02 PM

Cryptocurrencies are now at the very bottom, the lowest prices today and you may never see such prices again. This is recognized by many respected traders, you can read about it on the Internet. I also think that today it is necessary to invest very actively in altcoins, because they depend on BTC

I also think like you. One day altcoins will climb up very fast. No one knows just the time of this, That's why so many people are bored. This will be a feast day. We just have to be patient.
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:37:27 PM

This is a very thoughtful question, I think if you are holding much crypto the best thing is for you to add the details of your private key in your written will do that your relation could have access to it after your demise.
Veles shalet

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:40:04 PM

For a long time there are services and cryptographic platforms that allow to solve the problem of wills with the help of smart contracts. Therefore, this problem is not too complicated.
soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:45:20 PM

I keep my portfolio in my book. Every private key i write in the book so if anything happen to me i told my wife to look at the book. She know what im doing and it must be not so hard for her to take it out if anything happen. Im prepared for the worst earlier cause whe never knew god will.
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:56:11 PM

Save your keys and passwords to separate media and / or paper. Keep it in a safe or in a bank box and indicate this in your will. Usually such an action will be enough so that your savings are not lost. These actions are exactly the same as for fiat, real estate and other material values. If you want them to go to the right people, then write a will.
nolestiket

Activity: 308

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 07:46:18 PM

Cryptocurrency will never die.If the price of the cryptocurrency is low,the cryptocurrency will exist . Cryptocurrency created to be used, not for speculation

mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:38:29 PM

Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
This is quite fascinating because if you know someone with huge crypto savings and he gave up the ghost, I wonder how such families would benefit from his savings since he alone has the private key to his/her wallet.
I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?

Pretty obvious, it will stay on that wallet forever, as long as therei s no one knows that persons private key it will remain untouchable.but for me this kind of idea is un necessary, because i all i want to do is to make money for my family needs, and when the time come for me to rest forever, i will tell to my wife all the information about it before i die, all informations from the start for her to understand easily this crypto and she can get my money outside crypto, or if she wants to continue my journey.
... and then you get hit by lightning (or run over by car. or sudden heart attack. fatal) i guess its a good reason why you won't go to heaven or where ever you wanna go and stick around, trying to find closure Cheesy
chabapok

Activity: 122

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:51:01 PM

Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
This is quite fascinating because if you know someone with huge crypto savings and he gave up the ghost, I wonder how such families would benefit from his savings since he alone has the private key to his/her wallet.
I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?

Yeah i am thinking same thing sometimes because i have some heart palpitations etc. and i feel i can be die in near future. Because of that i am storing all of my coins in my hardware wallet. and i said my hardware wallets password to my family members. and i said about my coins.
So i think if i will die in near future they can reach my coins with my hardware. Surely it will be little bit hard but now impossible :=).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

My son knows my private keys and hardware wallet password so all my cryptos will be taken care by him and ultimately all the earnings/profits will be distributed equally to my 3 siblings.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: