Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:10:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto After Death?  (Read 20776 times)
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:28:22 AM

Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
for me i will make a full tutorials on how do they claim my fund, and a few introductions of crypto so that they can have a few knowledge, so they can decide if they want to continue my business in crypto or not.

I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
yes thats true, but if you want to hide your identity as anonymous and dont want to let others knows your real assets, they go to crypto.

So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?

i think the crypto inside that wallet will remain untouchables forever, unless theres is someone who gets the private key to access it and get the fund inside.
team87

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:47:43 AM

A few days ago I discussed again with my friends about this, and still produced the same answer. No one can inherit, unless previously the password has been notified to someone who has been notified or an heir. And it really will be like a house without inhabitants forever.
 Huh
lepbagong

Activity: 2324
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:47:31 AM

maybe it will be very important for those who have large enough funds to provide information to their immediate family, but at the moment I do not have that and do not need to think about it.

Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:59:44 AM

I think you think too much about something that hasn't happened, especially you are a bounty hunter who actually doesn't suffer losses if it happens.
my advice, focus on what you are doing and seek experience to develop your knowledge, especially in terms of trade.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:08:24 AM

If you want them to have to have your earnings and investments better give them your private keys or you could just hire some and make a last will with the private keys into it. If you want them to inherit it better educate the ones who will inherit it about crypto.
Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:12:29 AM

Crypto will continue to be in the wallet as long as no one knows the private key. This is the very least important things which must have at least a trusted person to inherit assets (private key) that are owned and science so that what is in the wallet is not destroyed by needlessly. would be quite unfortunate if assets of crypto should be left without owners which anyone can open the result.
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:26:39 AM

then the coin will still left untouch until someone can find out the private key, i think we should share something important with someone so when something happen to us there will be someone finish your unfinished task

ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:31:00 AM

The idea of crypto and after death with the living gong and the dead with existing property. In my opinion, we are keeping our fortune on our wallets and by Bitcoin and other currencies nothing is difficult. If you always have backup and write all the information and guidance for your children, your wife knows about it. Even more careful if you can switch to dollars, it is easier for the survivors. And i think the market crypto as well as Bitcoin will be better than the bank when it is convenient and secure as well as easy more  the bank.

DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:41:02 AM

I believe a few blockchain projects are actually working on this and Safe Haven (a Vechain dapp) seems to be progressing nicely (with support of the EU and more great partnerships).

But besides the legal framework, it is perhaps a good thing to explain the ins and outs of crypto to your next of kin, including workings of 2fa, how to access exchanges, wallets and such. I know of people that have a usb stick with everything on it in a safe at a bank....including help files and such, even videos Smiley.

Do know that once you are gone, nobody can access if they don't have the means to do so.....and also....'huge portfolio owners' aren't the only people that should look into it. Crypto is just starting, maybe your portfolio is huge too sooner or later...
trade2winnn

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:52:55 AM

How many people have already lost their secret keys and data from wallets,especially when no one believes and cost a penny,the people so treated them,and now it is generally recommended to store on a flash drive all the data,and then it is better to pass to the family,just by writing the password on a piece of paper,and thenAnd Yes no man on earth now is someone to trust such things.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:57:00 AM

Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
This is quite fascinating because if you know someone with huge crypto savings and he gave up the ghost, I wonder how such families would benefit from his savings since he alone has the private key to his/her wallet.
I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?
You should be clever enough to protect your private keys from hackers and natural disasters (paper wallet - fire) but you also should inform the family about where you have your money (cryptocurrencies) stored.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

if we are married we can tell the story about the assets that we have and we place it anywhere. And that helps a little is we have friend that can be trust and also know about crypto. So if we've died that friend can help our families to take the asset.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:22:41 AM

Heh, a good one. Well most of the closely related folks of a crypto holder are probably aware of that person's interests/doings so they have some idea about it. If I was in their position I would definitely tear apart the room of the deceased and sniff out any seed word sheets and similar.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:30:34 AM

This problem and many other solve ETFs.
ETFs will help big investors to safe their Bitcoins on safe place, the funds are insured and also it is much easier to inherit crypto ETFs.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Insert_

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:30:50 AM

in this case, there is a secret key to the wallet and train your wife a little, so just in case God forbid something happens.
Negdan4ik

Activity: 230

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

on this account,I have a brother who is also engaged in cryptocurrency, he is aware of everything that is happening and so I have no worries about it. I really don't want to think about it.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

I think the best thing is to arrange with your lawyer how best to spend your cryptocurrency wealth when you die. The management of your cryptocurrency wealth should be spelt out in your will!
Patrix_1

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:35:57 PM

I hope, that we do not need to wait for so long. The bullish market will come soon and we will enjoy the benefits. Our patience will be rewarded before our death. This is to 100 percent sure. Just keep hodling your coins and you will be rewarded Smiley
aalborg

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:40:40 PM

Wow, mate, you've just gave me an idea for ICO. We should launch entity guarantee inheritance of crypto funds. Also it is possible to launch smart contract which will distribute funds according to person wishes,like 10% for charity, 50% to wife, 25% to children before they reach 18 age and 25% after .
JohnMacZeppelin

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

It is difficult to say that cryptocurrencies have died, because now cryptocurrencies really start the process of birth and development again, it seems to me that everything can start anew, you just need to understand what is most important now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: