Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:17:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 USA Mid Terms! Red or Blue Waves?!?  (Read 1619 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:02:28 AM

Which doesn't make any sense because there is no linear correlation "lower rating -> more lost seats". Again, from the same article the two elections where the President's rating was 40% or less had losses of 12 and 30 seats, or 21 on average. Trump lost 35-37. So which is it - Trump is worse at presidenting than Obama and Dubya, or this rating-to-seats criteria is meaningless? I'm leaning towards both.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/7/rush-limbaugh-rips-republicans-who-bought-medias-b/

Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday the biggest losers in the midterm elections were Republicans who believed a “blue wave” was coming and distanced themselves — literally and figuratively — from President Trump.
Mr. Limbaugh said the political takeaway from Tuesday night was that “all of these RINO or old-fashioned establishment Republicans who just couldn’t stand Trump” miscalculated by retiring or attacking Mr. Trump on the campaign trail.
“The most House seats ever lost by a president’s party in power was Obama in 2010,” Mr. Limbaugh said. “He lost 63. Next was Bill Clinton in 1994. He lost 52. … So it was not a blue wave, especially when you go over to the Senate. … I mean, nine out of 11 people the president personally stumped for won.”
Mr. Limbaugh said that Republicans would have kept the House if dozens of skittish lawmakers had not retired.
“These moderate RINO Never Trumper Republicans bought in to a gigantic scam that the media and the Democrats ran on this blue wave business,” he said in addition to playing a media montage of such rhetoric. “They bought it hook, line and sinker. They thought there’s no chance, Trump is hated and despised, we’re getting out. And so they did. And when you lose 45 incumbents, don’t care who they are, because 98 percent of incumbents win reelection in the House, 98 percent. When 40 to 45 of your sitting Republicans get out of there, that presents another challenge, because those are open seats, become brand-new candidates on both sides. Incumbency is lost as a benefit.
“[Democrats] lost huge in the Senate,” the host continued. “What happened in the Senate last night is bigger than anybody knows right now because the Republicans that did retire and are gone were anti-Trump Republicans: Corker, Flake, McCain. They’re gone. They’re replaced by people who owe their futures to Donald Trump. Every Republican who retired is now realizing they could have won. … The Republican Party still doesn’t get it. They still haven’t figured it out. They’re still listening to the wrong people! They’re listening to the media.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:44:51 AM
Merited by TECSHARE (1)

If you don't see the issue with your logic here by now, my explaining is not going to make anything better for you.

Quote from: satoshi on July 28, 2010
If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.

With people displaying such outlandish beliefs, I rarely find it productive to argue with them.. Logic doesn't work very often at all..
They usually just repeat the same slander no matter how solid your counterargument is..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 01:48:56 AM

And when you lose 45 incumbents, don’t care who they are, because 98 percent of incumbents win reelection in the House, 98 percent. When 40 to 45 of your sitting Republicans get out of there, that presents another challenge, because those are open seats, become brand-new candidates on both sides. Incumbency is lost as a benefit.

How many of those open seats did Democrats win?
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:44:58 AM

Right now:

51/47+2 for senate, which is pretty damned close to even control.

I wonder if that'll flip more seats after more Georgia vote suppression investigation. They did just find like 30k ballots from what I read.

Holy shit, that's a lot of blue. Republicans flipped like 3 house seats... the rest of them flipped blue. Craziness.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:50:26 AM

Right now:

I wonder if that'll flip more seats after more Georgia vote suppression investigation. They did just find like 30k ballots from what I read.

LOL. "found" 30k ballots. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:06:57 PM

Right now:

I can see a way to stop that 100% with a blockchain.
Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:04:53 PM

Between 35 and 39 seat pick, Flakes old seat in AZ flipped to Sinema blue wave getting bigger everyday.

I think the Republicans are right there is massive electoral fraud in Florida and when the Republicans end up winning both contested seats they should be called null and void!

Scott: "I r winning, MASSIVE FRAUD..."

Guess I should have bet that moron earlier in the thread, oh well republican tears are still yummy!  Tongue

I guess this is one of the 20% when I'm not insane eh boss?  Grin
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 07:42:21 PM

Scott: "I r winning, MASSIVE FRAUD..."

TBH I don't get this. The recount is unlikely to change anything and the ridiculous deadline is probably going to prevent two bluest counties from completing it anyway. He'd look much smarter if he would just shut up and let the process work because in 6 years he's likely to be on the other side whining for a recount.
bluefirecorp_

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:58:31 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 10:49:32 PM by bluefirecorp_

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/416427-federal-judge-finds-georgia-county-violated-civil-rights-act-by-rejecting

Federal judge finds Georgia county violated Civil Rights Act by rejecting ballots

https://2vwlfu3ynqxb3npfhm3m8lde-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Show-Temp.pdf

goddamn.

Tuesday's ruling was handed down a day after a different federal judge ordered state election officials to preserve and count provisional ballots filed for the governor's race. That judge also ruled that Georgia election officials cannot certify the election until Friday at 5 p.m.

OH, MOAR FLORIDA NEWS:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/807424/heavily-republican-florida-county-allowed-some-residents-vote-by-email-apparently-illegally

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:40:27 PM

10 years ago... there was a senate election in the state of Minnesota. Norm Coleman was the candidate of the GOP and Al Franken represented the Dems. After the counting was completed, Coleman had a 3,500 vote lead over Franken. But then mysteriously, thousands of ballots were "found" from places like rubbish bins and landfills. And even more mysteriously, all of these ballots were marked for Franken. The Democrat officials famously said: "We will count the votes again and again until Franken wins". And in the end Franken won by some 300 votes.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:56:31 PM

10 years ago... The Democrat officials famously said: "We will count the votes again and again until Franken wins". And in the end Franken won by some 300 votes.

This is what they do and how they do it. Over and over.
bluefirecorp_

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:21:16 PM

No one even commented on the illegal voting via email?

Funny that it was mostly republican votes via email.

It'd be nice if we had a fancy cryptographically secure voting system for electronic voting, but sadly, we don't yet.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 05:33:19 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/416427-federal-judge-finds-georgia-county-violated-civil-rights-act-by-rejecting

Federal judge finds Georgia county violated Civil Rights Act by rejecting ballots

https://2vwlfu3ynqxb3npfhm3m8lde-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Show-Temp.pdf

goddamn.

Tuesday's ruling was handed down a day after a different federal judge ordered state election officials to preserve and count provisional ballots filed for the governor's race. That judge also ruled that Georgia election officials cannot certify the election until Friday at 5 p.m.

OH, MOAR FLORIDA NEWS:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/807424/heavily-republican-florida-county-allowed-some-residents-vote-by-email-apparently-illegally

Yep, those damn Republican scamsters! letting 150 total people vote by email because the area was crushed by a hurricane, selfish bastard. Clearly those 150 votes are all fraud and will make the difference. The thousands and thousands of ballots they just keep "finding" are perfectly legitimate though.
bluefirecorp_

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:37:55 PM

Yep, those damn Republican scamsters! letting 150 total people vote by email because the area was crushed by a hurricane, selfish bastard. Clearly those 150 votes are all fraud and will make the difference. The thousands and thousands of ballots they just keep "finding" are perfectly legitimate though.

If only they had a provisional ballot system in the event of a natural disaster, oh wait, they do.

But I'm glad we agree those email votes are fraud and illegal.  Cheesy

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:16:03 AM

Now it is almost certain that the senate composition will be 53 for GOP and 47 for Democrats, which represents a gain of two seats for the GOP. Now this is very significant, as I am sure that within the next 12 to 18 months, there will be at least one more vacancy in the SCOTUS. Ginsburg is not looking exceptionally healthy and she may retire very soon.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 02:03:20 PM

The thousands and thousands of ballots they just keep "finding" are perfectly legitimate though.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2018/11/16/mia-love-takes-lead-first/

Two-term Republican Rep. Mia Love, R-Utah, is winning the 4th Congressional District for the first time since Election Day after an updated vote count in Utah County pushed her narrowly over Democratic challenger and Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams.

Love is currently ahead by 419 votes, reversing Thursday’s 1,002-vote lead for McAdams, who has spent the past week in Washington going to House orientation meetings and appearing in the freshman class photo with new lawmakers from across the country.

I'd like our resident conspiracy-theorists to explain this one. Are these votes they keep "finding" 10 days after the election still legitimate or not?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 07:56:25 PM

The thousands and thousands of ballots they just keep "finding" are perfectly legitimate though.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2018/11/16/mia-love-takes-lead-first/

Two-term Republican Rep. Mia Love, R-Utah, is winning the 4th Congressional District for the first time since Election Day after an updated vote count in Utah County pushed her narrowly over Democratic challenger and Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams.

Love is currently ahead by 419 votes, reversing Thursday’s 1,002-vote lead for McAdams, who has spent the past week in Washington going to House orientation meetings and appearing in the freshman class photo with new lawmakers from across the country.

I'd like our resident conspiracy-theorists to explain this one. Are these votes they keep "finding" 10 days after the election still legitimate or not?

I don't know, was it a recount or were the ballots just "found". I don't see a single mention of thousands mysterious ballots being "found" in this case. If there are any reports of that I would love to hear it.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:48:53 PM

I don't know, was it a recount or were the ballots just "found". I don't see a single mention of thousands mysterious ballots being "found" in this case. If there are any reports of that I would love to hear it.

Also would be wise to look at whether or not the counties involved have a history of questionable behavior, right?

Broward County in Florida is pretty much the laughing stock of the world.

Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:24:01 AM

39 seats and counting, dems won the popular vote by almost 9 millions votes LOLOLOLOL.

The stupid cunts up thread were right it wasn't a blue wave.  It was more of a fucking Blue Tsunami.  I enjoyed how they were so confident my prediction of +35-40 seats was stupid.  Huh I guess one of us was able to make an almost perfect prediction!

I'm glad no one interrupted the republicans while they made mistake after mistake after mistake, it gave the dems win after win after win hahahaha.

Trump keeps making his base smaller and smaller, his scorched earth approach could be extremely dangerous for the republican party for a generation or more...  Look at all the districts that were red for generations that flipped (I'm looking at you orange county hehe)

Trumps Tariffs are starting to hit hard in the states Trump won, if those tariffs drag on it will not be a good thing for Trump.  The senate map for 2020 is really bad for the GOP and Trump is driving suburban voters to the democrats daily.  The government is going to get nothing done for the next two years and Trump will get blamed for it by all but his uneducated base.

The blue wave only gets bigger in 2020 if Trump is the GOP candidate.  I'm still not sure Trump will survive Mueller LMFAO to make it to 2020.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 01:36:40 AM

Also would be wise to look at whether or not the counties involved have a history of questionable behavior, right?

Broward County in Florida is pretty much the laughing stock of the world.

Woops, false alarm:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2018/11/24/rep-mia-love-concedes-ben/

Two-term Republican Rep. Mia Love called Democratic challenger Ben McAdams on Saturday to concede in Utah’s close 4th Congressional District race.

So no conspiracy here Smiley

Tomorrow's gonna be interesting though:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/25/mississippi-republican-cindy-hyde-smith-confederate-trump-visit

As Donald Trump prepares to travel to Mississippi for two rallies ahead of Tuesday’s runoff Senate election, the Republican candidate has come under new pressure over reports of involvement with Confederate imagery and history.

It's likely that Mississippi will elect a Confederate Senator LOL...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: