Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPATIENT ON YOUR INVESTMENT?  (Read 371 times)
mastersay (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 02:35:23 AM
Merited by Jatawneh (1)

Do you ever feel annoyed about your investment, especially when you participated in a ICO PROJECT and when the tokensale concludes and you got your tokens, and when the exchange comes you sell all your tokens and later you are crying about a big jump on the price?

Well, that's me, I have made a bad call every time I get hyped on a current price of the coin. Lesson? Better be patient on your investment and wait for a perfect time to make a certain call that you can never blame yourself.

Please share your opinions if you also suffer the same experience with me. Wink
THANK YOU!

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:39:02 AM

i have twice token like that...
In november 2017, i am sell all in at 18k btc satoshi .... and then februari 2018 price jump at 500k btc satoshi....
In septmbr W1 i am sell another token at 100 btc sathosi..... after W3 price jump at 430 btc satsohi...

-= OI =-
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:45:39 AM

Well that ICO scenario has certainly not played out for most of 2018 we have seen losses from most ICO participants. I would suggest you set a target price that you is realistically reachable and that you are also satisfied with. If your coin hits the target you either sell and move on or you sell enough to recover your initial investment and the remainder can carry on free and clear. Also do not get emotionally attached to the investments or bitter with your decisions this is the route to satisfaction.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Black Coffee

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:37:14 AM

This really makes us upset and I've also felt it. Sometimes we have a sudden need that requires us to sell assets quickly to get money immediately. Therefore we must be more patient and reconsider before we are upset and disappointed after the sale.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:55:21 AM

aren't investments generally more like long-term? if you've done your research and know it's not a PnD-planned coin, isn't it better to just hold at least a year or something?
I've only bought into one ico so far and still waiting to see any results but I still don't plan on selling anything in a looong time.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:06:20 AM

This is actually some of the usual case happening right after the ICO campaign wherein market price value of the tokens just dropped so high and a bit far enough from the price when it was bought. I think this might have something to do with the ICO admin such that investors and bounty hunters will not just immediately dump the coin because of the down in price. I believe that it will be back to it's usual ICO price after several months in the exchange listing.
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:51:58 AM

Patience is one virtue i have learnt and practiced since i joined the crypto community and i must confess its one of the best path i have come to follow. Keep the hopes high and have more patience, the pay days will come through.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
nicster551

Merit: 253

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:22:10 AM

Do you ever feel annoyed about your investment, especially when you participated in a ICO PROJECT and when the tokensale concludes and you got your tokens, and when the exchange comes you sell all your tokens and later you are crying about a big jump on the price?

Well, that's me, I have made a bad call every time I get hyped on a current price of the coin. Lesson? Better be patient on your investment and wait for a perfect time to make a certain call that you can never blame yourself.

THANK YOU!

Sometimes being patient isn't a good choice since some of those coins may dump and you might end up crying in the end. It is quite better to have a profit from your ICO that to have not at all.
SamDummy

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:30:22 AM

THANK YOU!
so it was with many. I personally invest not to merge everything right after.
I primarily support the project in its development, if the idea is good.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:53:33 AM

sorry to tell you this but this only means that you are a newbie who refuses to learn how the market works and instead you are trying to come up with superstitious ways of bag holding and then hoping for a rise. and eventually you will start  complaining why you are losing money while others (whom you call whales manipulating you) are making a lot of profit.

lesson?
stop fooling yourself with things like "patience" and start opening your eyes. for example in case of the first paragraph what you should do about that particular token is that you dump it immediately as the market opens so that you can get the most amount of profit out. as it continues to dump you enjoy your fast reaction to the market and the larger amount of money that you got out. THEN if you really speculate the rise and see the rise starting up you buy back. the difference now is that you are buying back at the bottom with a lot more money. so for instance if you sold 1000 tokens in the beginning you now can buy 5000 tokens and THEN you wait for the pump to slow down and get closer to the end so that you can dump the 5000 tokens and get an even bigger profit out.

these are 3 steps each more important than the last.
what happens in this strategy is that you are maximizing the profit while eliminating the loss altogether.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Batman_Bitman

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:28:56 PM

THANK YOU!
In my opinion cryptocurrency investment is not for impatient investor’s because one wrong and early decision will take all their money. For cryptocurrency investment patience and courage is mandatory. You will have to bear the rough market and remain cool in time of bearish situation of the market. If you hold your coins in these bad conditions you will earn big money in the future.
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:36:36 PM

THANK YOU!

Sometimes being patient isn't a good choice since some of those coins may dump and you might end up crying in the end. It is quite better to have a profit from your ICO that to have not at all.

Yes you are right but it depends on the situation of the market no one want to lose money without profit. You need to have knowledge about the market and you have to react according to it this how you can make money here. Patience is a big key in trading. Everyone has his turn I am waiting for the same.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:52:32 PM

THANK YOU!
it's normal mate and for sure all of us here experienced the same mistakes because of being greedy all the time and also because of our emotions especially if the market showing bad sign which can cause panicking , lmao but not enough reason to become hopeless and frustrated in my opinion because cryto currencies is like a gamble , so must  lesson learned and next time always make sure the decision is right by doing TA to avoid such issues again ,
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

The crypto market is not like before as it is used to be, now what happens when the token sale is concluded and the token is listed on an exchange the price is usually dropped too high that results in loss of your investment. Many investors don't invest in ICO right now due to poor situation of the market they usually now buy directly from an exchange because they know they can get tokens at a very cheap price as compared to price during ICO.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:00:14 PM

Waiting can sometimes take years and years. My experience involves waiting  and wasting time to a team that never really appear anywhere but tweet whenever they have announcement but price keeps going down. You just can't trust a team that only listed their token in one exchange, it does feel like they are in cahoots with all the mess happening. They are about to release the final project but the price dips even more, that's not the kind of waiting you want.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:03:24 PM

THANK YOU!

This situation often happens to me. Especially that I join many ICOs that I feel have a lot of potential in the market and turning out oppositely when hit exchanges. But during these situations, I just hodled my assets and wait for the time until the value of the crypto becomes more than the ICO value. Sometimes it would take a very long time but better hodl than lose a huge amount at selling cheap.
Agutin

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:48:40 PM

This year I have not invested in Ico projects, but I buy their coins after listing on the stock exchange when the price drops to the bottom. and there were a couple of moments when I bought a coin that seemed to fall below nowhere, but it continued to fall and at the moment when my patience ended and I sold them - the coin went to the moon. I understood that patience is the key to success
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:57:24 PM

Impatient is the key if you want get profit with your investment, some time you have to early for selling your asset after you take profit about 5% to 10% but when you keep more longer time you can take profit to 100% and more.
MikeyVeez

Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:59:59 PM

People are greedy, all of us want quick profit without any effort. You dont want money as soon as possible? Cryptocurrencies seems to be potentional money making machine for some people.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:01:43 PM

We should not forget that it is precisely the lack of patience and greed that gives rise to the loss of your deposit, so I probably wouldn’t talk about it all the time, because this is the market today.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: