Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Full Member account has been disallowed from posting on the forum  (Read 458 times)
denis-z122 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:21:07 AM

Hello admins,

This morning I woke up to the message that I have been banned from posting and sending PMs on the forums. There is no other info provided to why I was banned.
Can the forum administration please tell me why and how I can lift this ban?

My username is denis-z12 and the profile url is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1533028

I cant write anything from my profile so I created this one to ask this question. I have also sent an email at the provided email asking for the reason of the ban but have not received any reply.
I would appreciate some more info.

Thanks
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:32:57 AM

Looks like a whole bunch got banned from the same topic.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:35:03 AM

https://i.imgur.com/UgVKIiu.png

Looks like a whole bunch got banned from the same topic.

An automatic ban? what topic is it, what did I do wrong?
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:43:43 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Foxpup (1)

Blockchain.io provides new forms of financing to companies wishing to raise funds for their startup projects.
The Blockchain.io platform includes a centralized exchange of listings with decentralized interconnection. The central exchange will be implemented with a low delay and full functionality, with custodial services, centralized ordering, and effective ordering. A decentralized gateway will be based on cryptographic protocols that allow users to process transactions through heterogeneous block chains without third parties and without counterparty risk. Trust exchange and trade should encourage trade, while ensuring trust. This will be done only by centralized exchange with a decentralized settlement.
The Blockchain.io platform combines a centralized exchange of listings with decentralized interconnection. The centralized exchange will be implemented with a low delay and full functionality, with custodial services, centralized ordering orders and effective order coordination. A decentralized gateway settlement will be based on cryptographic protocols that allow users to process transactions through heterogeneous block chains without third-party and without counterparty risk. Trust exchange and exchange should encourage trade, while ensuring trust. This will be done only by a centralized exchange with a decentralized settlement.
The blockchain.io platform will also allow trading tokens, these digital tokens released as part of the ICO. The first token, available on Blockchain.io, will be the first in its ICO, BCIO, which will allow its owners to receive discounts on the platform. Thanks to this new platform Paymium hopes to expand its audience, which today mainly consists of small investors. Paymium also wants to expand its geographical area of ​​influence. Currently, the company focuses mainly on France and Europe, and the US and Asia are promising markets.
denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:48:47 AM

Blockchain.io provides new forms of financing to companies wishing to raise funds for their startup projects.
The Blockchain.io platform includes a centralized exchange of listings with decentralized interconnection. The central exchange will be implemented with a low delay and full functionality, with custodial services, centralized ordering, and effective ordering. A decentralized gateway will be based on cryptographic protocols that allow users to process transactions through heterogeneous block chains without third parties and without counterparty risk. Trust exchange and trade should encourage trade, while ensuring trust. This will be done only by centralized exchange with a decentralized settlement.
The Blockchain.io platform combines a centralized exchange of listings with decentralized interconnection. The centralized exchange will be implemented with a low delay and full functionality, with custodial services, centralized ordering orders and effective order coordination. A decentralized gateway settlement will be based on cryptographic protocols that allow users to process transactions through heterogeneous block chains without third-party and without counterparty risk. Trust exchange and exchange should encourage trade, while ensuring trust. This will be done only by a centralized exchange with a decentralized settlement.
The blockchain.io platform will also allow trading tokens, these digital tokens released as part of the ICO. The first token, available on Blockchain.io, will be the first in its ICO, BCIO, which will allow its owners to receive discounts on the platform. Thanks to this new platform Paymium hopes to expand its audience, which today mainly consists of small investors. Paymium also wants to expand its geographical area of ​​influence. Currently, the company focuses mainly on France and Europe, and the US and Asia are promising markets.

Hi rickbig41, thanks for replying.
That post is from June. I think that is one of the bounty campaigns i participated in at that time and it was probably a requirement to post in the thread to participate in the bounty. It is such a long time ago that I dont remember exactly. Is that the reason for the ban, that message? I think its info from their website.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3101

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:56:40 AM

Thats plagiarism without an source link !

and thats a permaban for normal !

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:06:21 AM

Snip

That post is from June. I think that is one of the bounty campaigns i participated in at that time and it was probably a requirement to post in the thread to participate in the bounty. It is such a long time ago that I dont remember exactly. Is that the reason for the ban, that message? I think its info from their website.

Copying can cause memory loss... Roll Eyes

I don't think that you are unaware that you are copying something...

denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:33:45 PM

Snip

Copying can cause memory loss... Roll Eyes

I don't think that you are unaware that you are copying something...

no mate i didnt mean that i wasnt aware i was copying sth. I am not aware now if writing in the thread was a requirement for participating in the bounty back in June.
I understand that plagiarism is taken very seriously here on the forum but not everything is the same. I feel like a kid who stole a candy bar and 10 years later he gets sentenced to life in prison especially if this turns out to be a permaban!

It wasnt meant to be claimed as my original message, of course its not, if i said that bitcoin is an electronic payment method, invented by S. Nakamoto do I need to provide a source for that? its general knowledge. Is this a permaban, are you really looking at this as serious infringement from my end. Everyone makes mistakes and I feel like this is a very harsh sentence.

rickbig41 if you are the admin who banned me can you tell me if this is permanent? Is there any way I can ask the administration to reconsider this? Its really harsh banning someone for stuff like this, I should have been more careful but its still very harsh.

I gain nothing from that post, I did not try to cheat, scam or trick someone into something. Many scammers, account farmers are allowed to stay on the forums, and I get banned for life Sad
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 01:08:45 PM

rickbig41 if you are the admin who banned me can you tell me if this is permanent? Is there any way I can ask the administration to reconsider this? Its really harsh banning someone for stuff like this, I should have been more careful but its still very harsh.
Nope. Plagiarism constitutes a permanent ban. You have to have a very good reason, or extreme value to the forum to get unbanned. I highly doubt that that is the case here. But i guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

I gain nothing from that post, I did not try to cheat, scam or trick someone into something. Many scammers, account farmers are allowed to stay on the forums, and I get banned for life Sad
no mate i didnt mean that i wasnt aware i was copying sth. I am not aware now if writing in the thread was a requirement for participating in the bounty back in June.
Seems like you obviously did it for monetary reasons? What do you mean with "I gained nothing"? You made money from it right? You did it so you fulfilled a requirement for your bounty?

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

I feel like a kid who stole a candy bar and 10 years later he gets sentenced to life in prison
Don't be ridiculous. Since you didn't steal something as valuable as a candy bar, but merely another person's copyrighted work, the maximum penalty (in the US, where this forum is based) is only 5 years in prison. And a $250,000 fine. Given that posts on this forum are monetised, it's probably only a matter of time before people actually start suing for commercial copyright infringement. Maybe they already have, but theymos is just keeping quiet about all the subpoenas.

Everyone makes mistakes and I feel like this is a very harsh sentence.
Most people's mistakes don't result in a violation of international law. A permanent ban is actually a very light sentence, but one that should be sufficient to cause you to re-evaluate the choices that led you to persue a life of crime. Undecided

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:37:43 PM

I feel like a kid who stole a candy bar and 10 years later he gets sentenced to life in prison
Don't be ridiculous. Since you didn't steal something as valuable as a candy bar, but merely another person's copyrighted work, the maximum penalty (in the US, where this forum is based) is only 5 years in prison. And a $250,000 fine. Given that posts on this forum are monetised, it's probably only a matter of time before people actually start suing for commercial copyright infringement. Maybe they already have, but theymos is just keeping quiet about all the subpoenas.

Everyone makes mistakes and I feel like this is a very harsh sentence.
Most people's mistakes don't result in a violation of international law. A permanent ban is actually a very light sentence, but one that should be sufficient to cause you to re-evaluate the choices that led you to persue a life of crime. Undecided
If everyone was banned for every case of plagiarism we would have no forum to talk on and only 1/10 of the members that we have now because everyone would be banned. I understand what you are saying and I am sorry if that one post caused so much trouble. I do not understand however how I wont be given a 2nd chance, a possibility to make amends. You say that I pursue a life of crime? Well most criminals are given a 2nd chance, that is after their sentencing and years in prison they are free to start over. If my profile gets banned for life where is my 2nd chance? Why not give me a time violation of a week, a month as it is a first time offence?!
I started from zero and built it up to a Full Member, which took time and dedication and because of this one post I am going to lose all that. I am sorry mate but that is nowhere close to fair.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:45:55 PM

You broke the rules and were caught it's really that simple. I did however find somewhere you can go work if you meet there qualifications. The World Medical Association is okay with Plagiarism at least for the time being.

Here however it is taken seriously, because people try to cheat the system to earn som eBTC, or shit tokens whatever they can.

I am sorry mate but that is nowhere close to fair.

Can't say I've ever seen life described as fair. However you had the same opportunity as everyone else to read and understand the rules. You chose not to.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:16:04 PM

Dude
I had same situation, we broke the Rules. accept it . Honestly i tried many times to contact Admins for asking a Second chance! its not work...
Just move on, maybe after 1-2 years @theymos would lay down some new rules on permbans, but for now just move on Nothing will change with you.....
Does it say that you are permanently banned or is there any other info on your account? It says i am banned from posting and sending PMs on mine. No time frame is mentioned. 
denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:02:23 AM

Dude
I had same situation, we broke the Rules. accept it . Honestly i tried many times to contact Admins for asking a Second chance! its not work...
Just move on, maybe after 1-2 years @theymos would lay down some new rules on permbans, but for now just move on Nothing will change with you.....
Does it say that you are permanently banned or is there any other info on your account? It says i am banned from posting and sending PMs on mine. No time frame is mentioned. 
No time frame mentioned
And thats Mean permanent ban. You cant do anything Regard this & if you try to create a new account to continue posting It will be Ban Evasion & you will be banned again.

Why would I not be able to create a new account and start over?
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:06:44 AM

Dude
No time frame mentioned
And thats Mean permanent ban. You cant do anything Regard this & if you try to create a new account to continue posting It will be Ban Evasion & you will be banned again.

on this forum, bans are issued to the 'person' as opposed to that account. if you are found to be ban evading the ban period will be extended. Or, if it's a permaban, the likelihood of the ban ever being lifted disappears. 

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:11:13 AM

Dude
No time frame mentioned

on this forum, bans are issued to the 'person' as opposed to that account. if you are found to be ban evading the ban period will be extended. Or, if it's a permaban, the likelihood of the ban ever being lifted disappears. 
none of the mods have told me anything how long the ban period is or if there is any likelihood of it being lifted. Only Rapid123 mentioned its a permaban, mods are quiet.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:22:50 AM

Dude
No time frame mentioned

none of the mods have told me anything how long the ban period is or if there is any likelihood of it being lifted. Only Rapid123 mentioned its a permaban, mods are quiet.
they might not be active right now seeing as how none of my reports have been looked at in a few hours. but he is correct; if the length of the ban is not specified, it is a permanent ban. as for the possibility of the ban being lifted, it's a slim chance, but there is a chance for you to make an appeal after a long period of time.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Alone055

Activity: 1064
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 11:28:49 AM

A description of a ban containing no time frame for that ban is a permaban. It is very simple. Since you say your profile does not show any time frame for the ban, then your account will not get unbanned any time in future.

You guys should simply read and follow the rules instead of whining later for getting punished for breaking them. You cannot ask for a second chance if you have deliberately not read the rules and continued doing everything you wanted. A person only deserves a second chance if he does something that he has never heard of being against the rules of that place, and I'm pretty sure you have heard about the rules in this long journey yours in this forum but you were just too lazy to read and follow them.

denis-z122 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:45:13 AM

A description of a ban containing no time frame for that ban is a permaban. It is very simple. Since you say your profile does not show any time frame for the ban, then your account will not get unbanned any time in future.

You guys should simply read and follow the rules instead of whining later for getting punished for breaking them. You cannot ask for a second chance if you have deliberately not read the rules and continued doing everything you wanted. A person only deserves a second chance if he does something that he has never heard of being against the rules of that place, and I'm pretty sure you have heard about the rules in this long journey yours in this forum but you were just too lazy to read and follow them.
I have heard about the rules,  just didn't ever think that everything I say that is not mine has to have a source and quote. I am pretty sure if admins went into the history of many highly ranked members they could find posts without a source or quote, you just dont think about that all the time and shit happens but you are all very keen to bash the people who it happened to but if tomorrow it happens to you you would be telling a different story.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: