Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:42:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Truth Behind The New Exchange Oodlebit  (Read 119 times)
shakler (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:35:30 AM

Ok so as some of you guys know there's a new exchange out there called oodlebit that will launch in Q1 2019. And they are doing an airdrop now. 20 oodl coins (200m supply) for signup and 10 oodl for per ref. Each oodl will be 0.50$ when the platform goes live. Signing up just requires email for the airdrop. Telegram and twitter are not required. Sound cool right? If you have an email, here's free 10$ for you. Im gonna be honest. I wont justify myself and what i do. If it just requires email for free money, i would spam it with multiple accounts. So i did. I know this is not something right and ethic. A few days ago i had some free time and wanted to create a few more accounts. To get my main account's ref link, i headed to login page. I couldnt login. It kept telling me the email or password is wrong. I tried resetting and it said "there is no account registered with this email. So i headed to telegram group to ask is there something wrong on the system or what. An admin told me to text him my email address which i used to signup. After i told him, he said that i have created multiple accounts so all of my accounts were banned. I refused that first and asked for proof. If they have detected this fraud through my ip, i wouldnt say anything and apologize. But guess what? Admin sent me MY OWN PASSWORD which is supposed to be known ONLY BY ME. And added, this password is used for all of your referrals. So the question is, how ethic is it to have the ability to see ALL of the details of accounts on a "CRYPTO" exchange? Including the password. Website says " All communications are encrypted using 128bit security. Guess that is a lie. So the second question is, would you deposit your precious bitcoins on an exchange site like this?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1622

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:53:22 AM

They should not see your password. If they do they have shit security and are untrustfull.

Thats why its important to have separete passowrd for accounts that stores money.

Sometimes, in free time i do some airdrops. Login with mail and password on multiple sites and multimple shitexchange to utilize those coins not listed on major exchanges (alwais same mail and passowrd - those are shitaccount that does not store money). Once after registrating on new ICO mail from one exchange come in that someone just logged it. So ICO's by airdrops are collecting login and passowrd entered and use them on dozens exchange hoping to find matching one. Thats why i strongly suggerst to have seperate mail and seperate password for accounts that store money or are important for you.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:58:51 AM

To answer your first question: No, that's not ethical at all. The way I understand encryption of user's passwords is that not even the admin can access your un-encrypted password. The admin can see your encrypted password in the database, and that's it. To answer your second question, I wouldn't deposit anything until I made sure what's going on with your password, account, and with the exchange in general. Be careful and stay safe.  
shakler (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:17:38 AM

They should not see your password. If they do they have shit security and are untrustfull.

Thats why its important to have separete passowrd for accounts that stores money.

Sometimes, in free time i do some airdrops. Login with mail and password on multiple sites and multimple shitexchange to utilize those coins not listed on major exchanges (alwais same mail and passowrd - those are shitaccount that does not store money). Once after registrating on new ICO mail from one exchange come in that someone just logged it. So ICO's by airdrops are collecting login and passowrd entered and use them on dozens exchange hoping to find matching one. Thats why i strongly suggerst to have seperate mail and seperate password for accounts that store money or are important for you.

We all have one goal for those exchange airdrops, arent we? Getting their free crypto, trading it for btc or eth or xrp or whatever, and then transferring them to binance or another major exchange lol

To answer your first question: No, that's not ethical at all. The way I understand encryption of user's passwords is that not even the admin can access your un-encrypted password. The admin can see your encrypted password in the database, and that's it. To answer your second question, I wouldn't deposit anything until I made sure what's going on with your password, account, and with the exchange in general. Be careful and stay safe.  

Yeah agree. If this was happened at somewhere out of crypto world, i wouldnt be surprised. But seeing this for a crypto exchange is awful.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 01:08:14 PM

Ok so as some of you guys know there's a new exchange out there called oodlebit that will launch in Q1 2019. And they are doing an airdrop now. 20 oodl coins (200m supply) for signup and 10 oodl for per ref. Each oodl will be 0.50$ when the platform goes live. Signing up just requires email for the airdrop. Telegram and twitter are not required. Sound cool right? If you have an email, here's free 10$ for you. Im gonna be honest. I wont justify myself and what i do. If it just requires email for free money, i would spam it with multiple accounts. So i did. I know this is not something right and ethic. A few days ago i had some free time and wanted to create a few more accounts. To get my main account's ref link, i headed to login page. I couldnt login. It kept telling me the email or password is wrong. I tried resetting and it said "there is no account registered with this email. So i headed to telegram group to ask is there something wrong on the system or what. An admin told me to text him my email address which i used to signup. After i told him, he said that i have created multiple accounts so all of my accounts were banned. I refused that first and asked for proof. If they have detected this fraud through my ip, i wouldnt say anything and apologize. But guess what? Admin sent me MY OWN PASSWORD which is supposed to be known ONLY BY ME. And added, this password is used for all of your referrals. So the question is, how ethic is it to have the ability to see ALL of the details of accounts on a "CRYPTO" exchange? Including the password. Website says " All communications are encrypted using 128bit security. Guess that is a lie. So the second question is, would you deposit your precious bitcoins on an exchange site like this?

I think this oodlebit exchange is not good to use to do make some trade to their platform. Because even the admin to their platform must not supposed to have an access to your password because it is encrypted. But for what happen to your experienced was a bad things though you did the wrong things which is you tried to cheat them by simply creating multiple accounts. But in the end I won't deposit on their exchange with that system they have.
ts314

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:34:50 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2018, 05:48:55 PM by ts314

Oh, nice to see you here) It's a little surprising that you tried to cheating, and then you were unhappy, but anyway
Here's a little explanation, take a look please.

1. Yes, Oodlebit system detects fake accounts by a lot of filters:
Similar passwords
IP
Bots
etc
Some scammers creates 1000+ accs, and exchange don't want to pay them. I think it's pretty clear.

2. Creating of multiple accounts is meaningless, because after starting the exchange there will be KYC.
3. And the most important thing.

Your Oodlebit website dashboard isn't connected to the future exchange pages.
So, after the exchange launch each user should create a new acc for managing his coins.

And the final one

EACH exchange know everything about your account.
And yes, it's unpleasant, but you should know it.

Just don't cheat, and everything will be fine.

Wish you all the best.
ts314

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:46:33 PM

It's a good decision.

I would advise you to trust the collective experience, not just one recall. After the start of trading, there will be an opportunity to see real reviews, not such as this one.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

First of all regarding on the thing you have done on raping or abusing the giveaway by creating multiple accounts then it isn't never an ethical thing to be done and its normal on all exchange or whatever website you are engage to where they would surely ban out all of your accounts and theres no surprise to that. Knowing that site owners will really able to check all informations including IP but on the situation you have said that they have known your password then its already a shady stuff which they haven't launch out yet but this kind of leak will already put hesitance to use up the site.

shakler (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:56:12 AM

Oh, nice to see you here) It's a little surprising that you tried to cheating, and then you were unhappy, but anyway
Here's a little explanation, take a look please.

1. Yes, Oodlebit system detects fake accounts by a lot of filters:
Similar passwords
IP
Bots
etc
Some scammers creates 1000+ accs, and exchange don't want to pay them. I think it's pretty clear.

2. Creating of multiple accounts is meaningless, because after starting the exchange there will be KYC.
3. And the most important thing.

Your Oodlebit website dashboard isn't connected to the future exchange pages.
So, after the exchange launch each user should create a new acc for managing his coins.

And the final one

EACH exchange know everything about your account.
And yes, it's unpleasant, but you should know it.

Just don't cheat, and everything will be fine.

Wish you all the best.

Lol what? How can you justify yourself by saying "each exchange know everyting about your account"? A password is a data that must be kept ENCRYPTED on servers. Nobody should have the rights or ability to view it. I dont think any MAJOR exchange has that ability. That is why they are major. Nobody ever would deposit millions of dollars on an exchange where their passwords can be exploited by developers. There's only one goal behind all those airdrop spammers like me. Getting the free coins/tokens, trading for btc or eth and then transferring it to a more secure exchange like binance. Not oodlebit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: