Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:34:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your rules for profit taking  (Read 1415 times)
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:39:30 AM

All I can suggest is that Nobody has ever lost money from taking profits. But if you are in it for the long haul there is no point in watching the markets. You should believe in your own judgment of your investment.
Take profit when we think that project will took more years before it will pump. Better use in some projects that have more growth. Buy back is possible anyway but if you think that coin will never less in value again better hold it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criptouser

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:09:36 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat
I think that 20% will not be, as the USDT project is not designed for such promotions. it is excluded

Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:46:43 PM

I prefer to just hold. The thing is if you stocked up on btc and then started selling a bit regularly, you are betting that the price would drop much lower than what you bought your original stash for. I find it difficult to time with our local exchange because of the spread. It's about $200.

I agree. I think holding is a good strategy to (1) check what's happening around the market, (2) decide when it's actually a good time to sell out for profit, and (3) achieve the profit margin you're eyeing. However, I think that you have to vary your strategy to how the market is doing with consideration on the asset that you're doing business with. I mean, if you would try to set a very high profit margin while the market is down, then it would take you a very long time to realize that, you have to also accept that there are some adjustments that you need to do because getting little profit is always better than getting no profit at all.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:22:30 PM

Some days it just takes courage to take the profit. You can always invest back in when the time is right. Patience! Accumulated % of profits. If in for the long term ....don't look at the markets everyday as that will just absorb valuable energy and focus.
Yes.Just wait for the perfect time.Do not keep on monitoring the market because it will only make you depressed in the end.I make good profit bt buying low and sell high strategy,but the market right now is really down so i should be more patient to wait for a good price increase to sell my coins.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:00:35 AM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat
The theory is very easy to say but making it very difficult. The most important thing in this strategy is to choose good altcoin to invest. If you make a mistake, all plans will go in the wrong direction. but no altcoin can be increased up to 50% in a short time, which is very rare. You should aim low profits again.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:57:43 AM

The theory is very easy to say but making it very difficult. The most important thing in this strategy is to choose good altcoin to invest. If you make a mistake, all plans will go in the wrong direction. but no altcoin can be increased up to 50% in a short time, which is very rare. You should aim low profits again.
of course strategy will be different for each person, but in my opinion the important thing is that we have to secure investment funds, by withdrawing some of planned targets. so that psychology will remain stable
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:40:07 AM
Merited by wuvdoll (1)

After a 50% increase and there is every chance that there is going to be a dip, I will sell everything and wait for it to drop to that very low amount, then I will come back for a cheaper price with about 20% or so of the money I have before (the percentage I choose depends on how much I have).

Also I just found out that many started going for TUSD instead of USDT… So I might stop making use of USDT. You can research both online and see the difference.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:01:58 AM

Some days it just takes courage to take the profit. You can always invest back in when the time is right. Patience! Accumulated % of profits. If in for the long term ....don't look at the markets everyday as that will just absorb valuable energy and focus.
Yes.Just wait for the perfect time.Do not keep on monitoring the market because it will only make you depressed in the end.I make good profit bt buying low and sell high strategy,but the market right now is really down so i should be more patient to wait for a good price increase to sell my coins.

I also believed that timing should be perfect whatever the sentiments of the market is(bearish/bullish). Time=money as I have been telling others. So from time to time you have to check the price and it you see that you're making a good ROI then its time to get out and cash everything and look for the next successful (shit)coins.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
katuhakuh

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:36:27 AM

Of course for my personal. If I think it's good for sale, I see luck, I'll sell it. The best rule for guidance is to sell coins when the price is high.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:37:51 AM

After a 50% increase and there is every chance that there is going to be a dip, I will sell everything and wait for it to drop to that very low amount, then I will come back for a cheaper price with about 20% or so of the money I have before (the percentage I choose depends on how much I have).

Also I just found out that many started going for TUSD instead of USDT… So I might stop making use of USDT. You can research both online and see the difference.
But, I usually just leave a certain amount behind and just cash out when the amount seems big enough for me. The amount changes for everyone, 1000 dollars would be huge for me whereas it could be very little for you but the idea stays the same for everyone. If you are investing into something with money you deem fit and the price gets too high than you should sell.

I also try to trade 5% system as well where you buy something and than when it goes up 5% you sell it, I even put a sell order just in case if I am not there when it hits. I have missed a lot of much more profits this way but I also rarely lost money while trading.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:30:54 AM

Making profit through trading is not easy because it has some rules and procedure that you must have to focus on for you want to make profit. Once you are done by getting knowledge of trading then you will find ways towards profit easily because it is all your knowledge which is helping you out in getting it. Buy coins on low price as it will consume low starting amount and later on after selling it you will have maximum profit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: