Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:50:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stand By Satoshi  (Read 1083 times)
lorix (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:04:16 PM

Unfortunately my family situation precludes me from doing this, but it seems to me that if there are people out there who have the money and the means to fly all the way to Japan and protest outside MtGox then why can't people offer the same courtesy to Satoshi to help shield him from the current media circus? (Assuming this is him)

Questions of identity confirmation aside, what we are currently seeing with the media camped at his doorstep is exactly that situation which I believe he sought to avoid. He wanted a quiet life and remain disconnected from Bitcoin but that has now been violated in the worst way possible. He had every right to remain a recluse and this has now been violated in the worst way possible.

I believe that those who have benefited from Bitcoin and have the means should do everything in their power to protect this peacefully, perhaps maintaining a presence there as long as the media continues to hound him to ensure he is not unduly harassed and give the media an alternative target to focus on rather than the indefensible man himself. The "Stand By Satoshi" group should only remain there as long as he wishes and be prepared to leave at a moments notice upon his word.

This is about demonstrating solidarity and respect for the man who has given us so much, for as long as it is welcome.

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:05:50 PM

If he is not Satoshi, this give you even more reason to defend an innocent man.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:06:09 PM

You mean this guy?

photo storage

ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:09:05 PM

You do realize the guy is richer than all of the BCT forum members put together since he holds one million Bitcoins, right? The guy can probably buy an island somewhere where he can be a recluse all he wants.

I still don't see why some people continue to call for BCT members to help Satoshi out. Are they not taking into consideration just how much his one million Bitcoins are worth?
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:11:09 PM

You do realize the guy is richer than all of the BCT forum members put together since he holds one million Bitcoins, right? The guy can probably buy an island somewhere where he can be a recluse all he wants.

I still don't see why some people continue to call for BCT members to help Satoshi out. Are they not taking into consideration just how much his one million Bitcoins are worth?
You do realize that if Satoshi touches his stash it will crash the market?
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:12:41 PM

No it wont.. Why would it crash the market? So what you're saying is because the guy who designed btc, has btc, if he spends said btc, btc will crash?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:14:05 PM

No it wont.. Why would it crash the market? So what you're saying is because the guy who designed btc, has btc, if he spends said btc, btc will crash?

Panic, and a 1M btc dump would obliterate the market in an instant.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:14:46 PM

You do realize that I have not said anywhere that he should dump one million Bitcoins into the market, right? And no, him cashing out a few hundred in a few days would not crash the market.
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

... oh you're right, he has to sell all his holdings in 1 shot. And I don't think he holds 1m btc.
SirWilliam

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:16:07 PM

Yeah, he could cash out a few, or better yet spend some, and it wouldn't crash anything...
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:17:01 PM

Might not even have to dump anything for a mass panic. Just a single Satoshi moving from that wallet will send a shockwave out. If you guys had not noticed our market is kinda prone to mass hysterical panic dumps  Grin

lorix (OP)

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:20:20 PM

If he is not Satoshi, this give you even more reason to defend an innocent man.

Agreed, it's in the same spirit. Perhaps a "Neither confirm nor deny" approach would be best, the point should be that the Bitcoin community is prepared to stand behind anyone who is being unfairly hounded because of their perceived connection to Bitcoin.

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:22:13 PM

I think it would be awesome if Satoshi would send a small transaction somewhere periodically just so we know he's still alive...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:24:44 PM

Might not even have to dump anything for a mass panic. Just a single Satoshi moving from that wallet will send a shockwave out. If you guys had not noticed our market is kinda prone to mass hysterical panic dumps  Grin

The only thing it would do would confirm he is still involved in bitcoin. And everyone would give him a congrats.. I'm sure in due time he will spend them. I'm doubting he didn't do anything with any of his coins, maybe he is already slowly cashing out other wallets? He may not need to dab into the main wallets that everyone knows about. Maybe he is smart enough to know the wallets can be traced and 10 years down the road it will be safer for him to cash those.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:53:46 PM

This guy could be in serious danger...

If somebody comes asking for private keys, it will be on the shoulders of these journalists to bear...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

It would crash the market if he sells it.

He can use it to buy BTC merch directly.

You'd have to settle for porshes, teslas, and mansions, as thats pretty much all the significant BTC merch for sale...

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:08:32 AM

i think the media will get tired of him because he didn't show signs that he is satoshi.

don't worry, he will have peace eventually. the real satoshi won't be tracked down so easily.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:21:02 AM

i think the media will get tired of him because he didn't show signs that he is satoshi.

don't worry, he will have peace eventually. the real satoshi won't be tracked down so easily.

I'm sure we all hope your right.

Really must suck being him right now I would hate to be in that position.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:50:12 PM

The only thing it would do would confirm he is still involved in bitcoin. And everyone would give him a congrats.. I'm sure in due time he will spend them. I'm doubting he didn't do anything with any of his coins, maybe he is already slowly cashing out other wallets? He may not need to dab into the main wallets that everyone knows about. Maybe he is smart enough to know the wallets can be traced and 10 years down the road it will be safer for him to cash those.
The problem lies in the easy manipulation of people. A few articles about Satoshi having access to 1M coins (confirmed, due to movement of the coins) could cause mass panic.
Besides, the market right now can't take so many coins in.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:59:01 PM

Yeah, he could cash out a few, or better yet spend some, and it wouldn't crash anything...
We would all know he spent it, and then we'd know he could spend the rest at any moment.
Within minutes bitcoin would be called a ponzi, as until then, satoshi would have made zero profit.
The true return of Satoshi would ruin the coin. He left for a reason.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: