Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:09:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think their will be another Bull Run this year? I D0 NOT THINK SO!  (Read 977 times)
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:00:11 PM

it is very uncertain. Comes with powerful explanations. but 2018 did not meet expectations. so there are hesitations about a good move.
I still haven't lost hope. I expect a short-time rise in November and December.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sunanbonang

Activity: 242
Merit: 1

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:48:08 PM

Bull run doesn't happen every year, people believe that bull runs occur every two years and some say bull run happens every four years. just because the price of bitcoin rose high at the end of 2017 most people believe that the price of bitcoin will rise at the end of each year. lol

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
thecodebear

Activity: 2086
Merit: 813

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:53:23 PM

Now that the market is larger bull runs take a long time to build up momentum. Sure like 5+ years ago a bull run could start and complete within just a few months, but look at the last one, it lasted over two years. No a bull run won't start and complete in the next 3 months, that is absurd. But we'll likely see the start of the next bull run by the end of this year - a breakout from the $6xxx trading at the bottom of the market to pass the last lowest high of the bear market of $7500 and probably even pass the second to last lowest high of the bear market at $8500, that would clearly signal a new bull run has started. But this upcoming bull run is likely to last into 2020, probably all the way to late 2020.

It appears the bear market is over and we are at the transition stage between bear and bull market - low volatility, price sitting just above the bottom that has been established all year. In the next few months we should see a break above $8000 to snap Bitcoin back into the beginnings of the next long bull run. So no a bull run won't happen in 2018, but the 2019 - 2020 bull run should start by the end of 2018.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 05:44:00 PM

Definitely there will be a bullish trend in time to come although it might take a longer time but surely we all witness it again. At present, so many people have invested their money when Bitcoin value was above  $10,000 to $15,000 will find it difficult to keep holding and I think they are the one you were referring to in your submission.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:23:01 PM

With the ways things are going we may not have any serious bull run this year as the years is almost over and the uncertainty in the market is still very high.  I don't think we can really see the kind of bullish trend we have last year this year again.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:12:23 PM

October 2018 ICOs have failed, most of the ALTs are below their ICO price. That means, Now there are less Fool and people have started understanding the concept. no more Sheeps to slaughter ... Much harder to manipulate price (or atleast people are aware of it.

So, Where will the bull run come from?

As an example, Think like --- Lots of people were hodling when Bitcoin touched 20K.... But now repent doing so... 100% if Bitcoin price surges to even 9000$,  they will dump knowing there will be again a correction.

This is what I analysed logically. I may be wrong. I hope I am wrong.

You're pretty spot on. It's a rarity for a market to have a bull run and blow off top, followed by another bull run shortly after. That would be too easy. We have many resistance levels to work through as broke investors exit the market to lick their wounds. Markets don't reward people who buy into blow off tops. People who fomo get punished, and damn right! That's why traders can make money.

Price tends to move in the direction of maximum pain (where the most traders will lose the most money). In the short term, I believe max pain is upwards. The bearish sentiment has caused a lot of unsuccessful bottom shorting. Those shorters need to be punished. But regarding the bigger picture, I agree. No bull runs for the foreseeable future. Lots of distribution to work through.

bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:57:12 PM

after last year's bull run
i am sure this year the market will recover after being in bearish condition for more than 8 months
so this year there will be no bull run

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:51:10 AM

if you say so, you think that will never be a bull run like the past bull run in the future...

well, i'm pretty sure that there will be an other great bull run, but not before 2020..
Completely agree, and as a prove - just look at the BTC/USD chart, at previous tops, they never happened the same year, some momentum must be built for the price to continue the growth and it needs time, maybe even a few (2-3) years.
bull run may occur within a certain period of time and not every year, that's what the chart says, but at the end of the year the price fixes will occur at least a few percent price increase occurs. so don't be discouraged maybe we can make big profits this year..
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:53:45 AM

The bull run is gathering and even if it did not start this year by next year it will start.  2018 , from January to September has not been favourable and to see that bitcoin will recover may not be in this year again however we should hold as the first quarter of next year.
hungafub
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:30:00 AM

Institutional money entering crypto has only just begun. But I wonder if the trend would continue should/when the next recession occurs.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:47:40 PM

Read before posting Negative feedbacl:
I do not intend to create a FUD, nor I want to speculate. This is my logical analysis and you are welcome to question it.

The last surge in December 2017 was when mainstream media started covering Bitcoin and a "lot" of new investors/traders/oppertunist started talking about and started looking into it

October 2018 ICOs have failed, most of the ALTs are below their ICO price. That means, Now there are less Fool and people have started understanding the concept. no more Sheeps to slaughter ... Much harder to manipulate price (or atleast people are aware of it.

As an example, Think like --- Lots of people were hodling when Bitcoin touched 20K.... But now repent doing so... 100% if Bitcoin price surges to even 9000$,  they will dump knowing there will be again a correction.

To begin with I do not see why someone could give you negative feedback just by having your own opinions, this is a forum after all and you are free to express your opinions as long as you do it with respect.

And about your prediction you are completely right, most icos that have started since this bear market have failed or are in the process of failing and that is because people are no longer investing in them, I really think that is going to take a lot of time before the price of bitcoin goes up again and that is because people have a very strong tendency to remember the most recent price, and the price is not going to go up until we get to rid of the weak hands that will sell their coins at the first opportunity they have.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:44:56 PM

You're right. We're still deep in a bear market with bearish sentiment being the single sentiment within the market.

I simply don't think that we're going to see any sort of bullish resurgence within the year, simply because of this bear market and the cautious attitude that traders have developed within the bear market which will take time to reverse.

There may even be further dips down under the $6k level, but on the bright side, I think we're close to bottoming out and prices will generally just move sideways. I expect the bull market to come some time in 2020-2021 due to the halving, definitely not now.

Smiley
RBEP-RBC
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 07:07:46 AM

I do not intend to create a FUD, nor I want to speculate. This is my logical analysis and you are welcome to question it.

The last surge in December 2017 was when mainstream media started covering Bitcoin and a "lot" of new investors/traders/oppertunist started talking about and started looking into it

The "easy" gains are gone, definitely. You might still be able to find them in altcoins but you'll have a lot of losers for each 1000x winner.

There will be another bull market but will be driven by usage and engagement by users which requires not just infrastructure for blockchain to build out and mature but to have killer apps that operate on them. Will there be an ETF bump? Yes, but I'm not sure how sustainable that bump will be. I think best to use the old saying, "Buy the rumor, sell the news." So build a position now and see how it does when a real ETF actually gets approved (at least 2019 if not later).
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:17:49 PM

if you say so, you think that will never be a bull run like the past bull run in the future...

well, i'm pretty sure that there will be an other great bull run, but not before 2020..
Completely agree, and as a prove - just look at the BTC/USD chart, at previous tops, they never happened the same year, some momentum must be built for the price to continue the growth and it needs time, maybe even a few (2-3) years.
I would not actually expect any bull run before the end of this year actually, but things like this are always hard to tell. For the general alt market, we are actually beginning to see some bullish behavior but until we really get to see it happen for real before we can even start thinking of any possibility at the moment.

The market has been in a sideways movement and the direction of bitcoin will somehow determine a lot of things, but for now, all we can just do is to wait. We may see it and we may not, but what is important is to always take advantage of every opportunity that comes. Like most other long term believers expect, this year end also must be another fun filled hopefully hence looking for another bull run at any time to get started.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:23:27 PM

The "easy" gains are gone, definitely.

hehe, i remember a good friend of mine (a trader) said the exact same thing to me in june 2017. it's funny how quickly sentiment can change! markets always seem experience a "quiet period" before they turn bullish. i think that's where we are now.

You might still be able to find them in altcoins but you'll have a lot of losers for each 1000x winner.

altcoins have definitely become more saturated, that's for sure. you definitely have to spread around risk (don't go all in on one coin) and reinvest capital from pumped coins into coins that haven't pumped. and you have to know that yes, some of your positions will never get pumped. this is a super speculative market---you're trading market expectations and hype, not real fundamentals.

There will be another bull market but will be driven by usage and engagement by users which requires not just infrastructure for blockchain to build out and mature but to have killer apps that operate on them.

people always say that, but every cycle is built on hype more than actual usage.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:59:37 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 09:13:06 AM by hisuka

Many expects for that bull run thing to happen this year. But, with the movement price in the market it takes to occur to increase it’s value. With so many news like fuds, rather bad news it affects the price I think we can experience long to enter into bullish season.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:29:47 AM

There's two major theories here. One is the bearish descending triangle. If it breaks down, most traders are aiming at the $2,000s or $3,000s.

The second is a rising bottom. Here's one example of a Wyckoff accumulation schematic:

We need to see a sign of strength (SOS) to confirm. And if we do go that way, I don't think it'll be a bull run like last year. No ATH expected. I think it'll be a mid-term rally that tops near the $10K or $12K resistances, or maybe a bit higher.

chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:46:51 AM

There's two major theories here. One is the bearish descending triangle. If it breaks down, most traders are aiming at the $2,000s or $3,000s.

The second is a rising bottom. Here's one example of a Wyckoff accumulation schematic:

We need to see a sign of strength (SOS) to confirm. And if we do go that way, I don't think it'll be a bull run like last year. No ATH expected. I think it'll be a mid-term rally that tops near the $10K or $12K resistances, or maybe a bit higher.
I think the price is quite stable as of but what I have seen is no major set back but maintaining its level and not showing sign of strength, If you compare it from last year until you cannot predict because as we know bitcoins price is very volatile, anything is possible.
kidsrock

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:10:01 AM

https://i.imgur.com/w7zhUFK.png

I am not sure if the price will break down to $2k and $3k, but my lowest is on $4k-$5k. Maybe in the next year, we will see the price will rise again, and for the next month, I think the price will be stable at a price now, and the lowest of the price can be $6k. But everything is possible this year as we see many people are predicting that we will see the bull run from this month until the end of this year.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:28:02 AM

The bull run can happen at any time and a single strong news can set bitcoin and others coins on bull run.  However,  we have been having good price movement at the end of the years and I am hoping that the same thing is going to repeat itself again.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: