Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:14:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Might Be Used for payment in Tokyo Olympics in 2020  (Read 500 times)
serguvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:04:42 AM

If that happens, there will be HUGE positive impact on cryptocurrencies and people from all around the world will know more (and even want to learn more) about crypto world! I really would love to see this happen!
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:12:14 AM

The use of cryptocurrencies in Japan is very frequent.
Fluctuations in exchange rates and language barriers between visitors from different countries make the currency exchange problem more complicated, and cryptocurrencies can easily solve these problems!
The cryptocurrency will definitely be widely used during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics!
RileyPeterson

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:00:09 PM

If that happens, the currency would get the boost like never before and its demand will get sky high. Also, the taboo around crypto would be diminished for good.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:03:13 PM

This is very cool news if it really uses legal circulation there, as far as I know, many projects today begin a serious process of legalization in Japan. Therefore, the news may be quite likely. I think that you need to take the opportunity.
Barbarian

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:22:13 AM

maybe it could happen but I don't recommend ripple for the four-year event.
it's good to use BTC or ETH because both are original cryptocurrency.
Even if the market cap of ripple is very big, I have a question, who is using ripple for something other than to speculate with its price? Because most cryptocurrencies are not being used for nothing but speculation, but this is not the case with bitcoin which is not only the best cryptocurrency that we have, it is also the most popular and the one that is used the most all over the world.
somansy

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:38:52 AM

If you can use cryptocurrency for payment at the Olympics, does it mean further expansion of blockchain applications and the government's emphasis on cryptocurrencies? In the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, this vision might be realized.

Ten months ago, former Japanese professional baseball player Ken Takahashi launched a petition on Change.org, hoping to use XRP as the official digital currency of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. The reasons for the athlete's petition can be analyzed from the contents of the petition:

“ With many tourists entering Japan, it may cause currency exchange congestion. For example, the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in Brazil, the exchange rate fluctuations and the language communication barriers between tourists from different countries make the currency exchange problem more complicated. We believe that the rapid trading and security of Ripple Lab's XRP cryptocurrency will make a significant contribution to solving this problem.

It can be seen in the petition that the he hopes to solve the foreign exchange problem involving international currency payments in the Tokyo Olympics by using XRP for payment. In fact, many logistical issues related to large international sports events can be solved by using cryptocurrency.

Japan is one of the largest markets for XRP in the world. The market value of XRP once forced Ethereum and became the world's second largest digital currency. It was the reason for addition of the Bank of Japan Alliance. The development of XRP in Japan was supported. by a large consortium.

The athletes initiate a petition. If the petition is approved, the cryptocurrency will be supported by a wider audience and will be more conducive to the development of blockchain technology.

Vena Network plans to launch ICO on middle of October and publish its online banking platform on the official website. At the same time, we plan to distribute Tokens in the incentive pool to long-term community supporters around the world, which accounts for 10% of the total. This program will long last for the community growth.

in case they succeed, the popularity of crypto will be skyrocketing. and it's a clever thinking too, indeed exchange and payment are matters in which one easily gets confused without language
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:01:02 AM

I would not be surprised if this happened, I mean we are talking about the japanese here and when it comes to adapting new technology they are always at the forefront of it. If it is announced that the cryptos are going to be accepted for payment during the olympics then that would be big for the market and we might even go into a bull with that

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:09:40 AM

I hope that this will happen because it would be a clear signal that crypto can be used everywhere in real life to buy real services and stuff. I'm quite confident that main top 5 crypto will be accepted by major shops and institutions for services in next 3 years.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:10:41 AM

Definitely this will make a big impact on CMC if this happens in Olympics as there is no popular games than this event. It will spread across all countries and I am sure the price will go over the moon if the cryptos are used as payment. Also the entire community has to support and welcome this wonderful payment option. Let's believe in this trading for a good future ahead.

Am I spamming? Report me!
5ensei

Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:13:57 AM

If they do it is likely that they will simply create their own coins specifically for the Olympics so they can get extra profits from it. Japan is bitcoin friendly so it would be a good time to invest now before the prices rise in 2 years time.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:07:07 PM

This is no surprise, I mean if you look at it right now, cryptocurrencies are really big, the last bull market that we had gave it a lot of exposure and right now, there is so much that can be done with the cryptos, even news channels were talking about the coins. So if it is going to be used in the tokyo olympics in 2020 then all the better
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:43:39 AM

This is no surprise, I mean if you look at it right now, cryptocurrencies are really big, the last bull market that we had gave it a lot of exposure and right now, there is so much that can be done with the cryptos, even news channels were talking about the coins. So if it is going to be used in the tokyo olympics in 2020 then all the better

Its been said that its going to be XRP that will be used because it can process more than a millions transaction in a second. I wonder that is how much people are going to be going there and spend every second during that event. But why not ADA after all its a Japanese token, if they are going to be using crypto they might as well just promote their own.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:08:33 AM

Its already for many years, merchant in Japan receiving cryptocurrency for payment. I am believe in 2020 they will accepting more cryptocurrency like altcoin. Its more safe for tourist using cryptocurrency because its much secure and its much safe to travel with it

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
darmin

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:44:15 AM

the reason he suggested is quite reasonable and certainly, it will give the good thing for Japan if it really actually applied. plus more because Japan is home to the crypto surely not be too troublesome and even many existing supporting facilities. This will make the financial flows at the event are quite practical.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:49:56 AM

I expect this to happen even not just in Olympics but in many other sports. To me 2020 is still far and we would have reach more adoption before then. We should just count ourselves lucky to be among the early believer of Cryptocurrency.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:24:30 AM

If you can use cryptocurrency for payment at the Olympics, does it mean further expansion of blockchain applications and the government's emphasis on cryptocurrencies? In the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, this vision might be realized.

Ten months ago, former Japanese professional baseball player Ken Takahashi launched a petition on Change.org, hoping to use XRP as the official digital currency of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. The reasons for the athlete's petition can be analyzed from the contents of the petition:

“ With many tourists entering Japan, it may cause currency exchange congestion. For example, the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in Brazil, the exchange rate fluctuations and the language communication barriers between tourists from different countries make the currency exchange problem more complicated. We believe that the rapid trading and security of Ripple Lab's XRP cryptocurrency will make a significant contribution to solving this problem.

It can be seen in the petition that the he hopes to solve the foreign exchange problem involving international currency payments in the Tokyo Olympics by using XRP for payment. In fact, many logistical issues related to large international sports events can be solved by using cryptocurrency.

Japan is one of the largest markets for XRP in the world. The market value of XRP once forced Ethereum and became the world's second largest digital currency. It was the reason for addition of the Bank of Japan Alliance. The development of XRP in Japan was supported. by a large consortium.

The athletes initiate a petition. If the petition is approved, the cryptocurrency will be supported by a wider audience and will be more conducive to the development of blockchain technology.

Vena Network plans to launch ICO on middle of October and publish its online banking platform on the official website. At the same time, we plan to distribute Tokens in the incentive pool to long-term community supporters around the world, which accounts for 10% of the total. This program will long last for the community growth.

that could save my work lining up at exchanger to buy Yen.
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:51:53 PM

Great to hear this kind of news, mass adoption and wide spreading is very good for cryptocurrencies especially advertising on such big events like Olympics games. Japan are way ahead from others in digitalization of life.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:26:49 PM

2020 seems like it will be a big year for bitcoin and cryptocurrency. With the halving and the upcoming ETF decisions and improvements that keep saying "180 million dollar was sent for 5 cents" type of stuff and now this, we are going to have a really bright future. The longer we wait and hold the better crypto gets.

If we actually manage to wait out a bit more the next 2 years will be amazing for all of us, it will create a huge wave of new interested people and we will become probably more than a trillion dollars in market cap easily and possible even reach to 2 trillion dollars in market cap which would be a great threshold. All we need is time and hope that all these amazing news actually have the reaction on the price as we hope it should. If it does, we are going to be doing amazing in 2 years, if not, well I don't know about that part but I hope it won't be too bad.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Barbarian

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:21:38 PM

2020 seems like it will be a big year for bitcoin and cryptocurrency. With the halving and the upcoming ETF decisions and improvements that keep saying "180 million dollar was sent for 5 cents" type of stuff and now this, we are going to have a really bright future. The longer we wait and hold the better crypto gets.

If we actually manage to wait out a bit more the next 2 years will be amazing for all of us, it will create a huge wave of new interested people and we will become probably more than a trillion dollars in market cap easily and possible even reach to 2 trillion dollars in market cap which would be a great threshold. All we need is time and hope that all these amazing news actually have the reaction on the price as we hope it should. If it does, we are going to be doing amazing in 2 years, if not, well I don't know about that part but I hope it won't be too bad.
As you say it is going to take time, even the year of 2020 could be too soon because as we know it takes time for a bull market to form so it is possible that after the halving we are going to need some months to see any improvement in the price at all.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:27:47 PM

Super news, which today will be perceived as a very significant event, because today cryptocurrency is probably the most promising direction of the entire financial sector, which generally is today on the planet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: