Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:09:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency and regulation, do we need it?  (Read 1065 times)
idham29

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 03:21:00 AM

I think for bitcoin there is no need for regulation, except altcoin. Both are very different, altcoin is a pure business idea and they print money based on coins and tokens they have, very different from bitcoin. Because there are hundreds of developers, ideas and energy to create bitcoin can run until now, many developers on bitcoin are not to get rich instantly. And bitcoin was created as an alternative payment as well as a criticism of the central bank.
For now, in my opinion, there is no need for regulation because the market is still in the development stage, where if a regulation is held, it will narrow the movement space which will result in investors not interested.
Let the market be as wide as possible that reaches the entire world, so that networks can occur anywhere and in any country. If these conditions are achieved, it is better to make regulations that regulate trade, transfers, payment instruments, taxes, intensive and others concerning crypto traffic so that there is no crime or fraud. Besides that the state also feels the benefits.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 06:00:33 AM

I have only one answer for present moment - we need no regulation now. Because market is small, and bitcoin using not a lot of people. It must be regulated only by crypto community.
State regulation of cryptocurrency is necessary, because through a certain regulation of cryptocurrency, its legalization takes place, and without legalization it cannot further develop. Without legalization of cryptocurrency by the state, the infrastructure for the practical use of cryptocurrency as a means of payment cannot be developed. Especially regulation is now necessary for the activities of ICO projects, no public scrutiny can eliminate the problem of fraud in ICO, this can only be done by authorized state bodies.

That is very true. If other people in the crypto market wants to stay stagnant and red for more years then don't support regulation. But if they are using their heads then push it and have faith in it. Crypto is not just about our own interest but it should be about everyone.
Agree, I think regulation will open a wider path for cryptocurrency, stagnant prices occur because there is no passive adoption from outsiders because of obstructed restrictions and unclear rules, adoption will bring great adoption and many other positive things for cyrpto
olliecrypto

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 05:12:40 AM

I think for bitcoin there is no need for regulation, except altcoin. Both are very different, altcoin is a pure business idea and they print money based on coins and tokens they have, very different from bitcoin. Because there are hundreds of developers, ideas and energy to create bitcoin can run until now, many developers on bitcoin are not to get rich instantly. And bitcoin was created as an alternative payment as well as a criticism of the central bank.
For now, in my opinion, there is no need for regulation because the market is still in the development stage, where if a regulation is held, it will narrow the movement space which will result in investors not interested.
Let the market be as wide as possible that reaches the entire world, so that networks can occur anywhere and in any country. If these conditions are achieved, it is better to make regulations that regulate trade, transfers, payment instruments, taxes, intensive and others concerning crypto traffic so that there is no crime or fraud. Besides that the state also feels the benefits.

I agree with you that regulation will narrow a lot of progress that still needs to be made for the cryptocurrency ecosystem to get a foothold for long term mass adaption.
it's odd how people want regulation for technology like bitcoin, but not real life things that have long term damage on the actual world.
seems like a way to stifle creativity and the tech that could be used to possibly replace fiat.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:05:40 AM

If you want a cryptocurrency to exist legally, then without certain regulation by cryptocurrency states is not enough. Regulation of cryptocurrency necessarily includes the establishment of its legal status and the determination of the order and conditions of its circulation within the state. This is quite normal and necessary for its further development. Of course, in the future, states will try to limit the circulation of cryptocurrency, since the goals and objectives of cryptocurrency and the state are somewhat different. However, without this, we still can not do.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:59:06 AM

I think that the certain measure of liberty must be sacrificed for a certain measure of protection of other liberties,rights and security,just for this reason it is impossible and unrealistic hypothesis that we don't need regulations.regulations don't always mean bad things,I mean that each should have access to the opportunity to manage their assets in good faith, therefore  there are too many regulations have already created and I think this process will be finished soon...
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2422
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 02:35:35 PM

I think that the certain measure of liberty must be sacrificed for a certain measure of protection of other liberties,rights and security,just for this reason it is impossible and unrealistic hypothesis that we don't need regulations.regulations don't always mean bad things,I mean that each should have access to the opportunity to manage their assets in good faith, therefore  there are too many regulations have already created and I think this process will be finished soon...
Wha are the good things you can get from regulations when you are using crypto currencies,if a country uses the tax amount for the development of country and increasing the life standards of citizen then it is okay to pay all the taxes they were asking for but many countires here are just making money and get all of them into their pockets but the citizen keep paying their taxes regularly with the hope of they will get something from it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:29:35 PM

I have only one answer for present moment - we need no regulation now. Because market is small, and bitcoin using not a lot of people. It must be regulated only by crypto community.
State regulation of cryptocurrency is necessary, because through a certain regulation of cryptocurrency, its legalization takes place, and without legalization it cannot further develop. Without legalization of cryptocurrency by the state, the infrastructure for the practical use of cryptocurrency as a means of payment cannot be developed. Especially regulation is now necessary for the activities of ICO projects, no public scrutiny can eliminate the problem of fraud in ICO, this can only be done by authorized state bodies.

That is very true. If other people in the crypto market wants to stay stagnant and red for more years then don't support regulation. But if they are using their heads then push it and have faith in it. Crypto is not just about our own interest but it should be about everyone.
Agree, I think regulation will open a wider path for cryptocurrency, stagnant prices occur because there is no passive adoption from outsiders because of obstructed restrictions and unclear rules, adoption will bring great adoption and many other positive things for cyrpto
But the question is, do most government will consider cryptocurrencies adoption? There might be some but most of them would really block it.This is why i dont
really expect too much for government/regulation to involved with it.They do see always negative things when it comes to crypto and havent considered their
benefits rather than always making some suspicion.

Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 05:42:43 AM

However, it should be borne in mind. that if there is no state regulation of cryptocurrency, then it will not develop further, because no infrastructure will be created for its use as a means of payment. We need a state regulation of cryptocurrency so that the cryptocurrency develops in a planonomic way and without undue delays. Without cryptocurrency regulation, fraud in it will constantly grow and we will not cope with it ourselves.
aioc

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:27:21 PM

Take a look at this article on cryptocurrency and regulation, do you agree with it?
https://medium.com/xtechblog/cryptocurrency-and-regulation-do-we-need-it-4ea0c6bb2733

There's always two sides of the story, mainstream wants a regulation this is to protect a huge number of people that are flooding the ICO, but Bitcoin was created to be decentralized, it's a status quo and I don't think it will be resolved some part of it says no and some part says yes to regulation.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 01:46:09 PM

Need sacrifice for big development, it doesn't matter to do KYC as long as you can use bitcoin more easily, the price is much higher?
I think it's quite worthed for a data verification that we might have to do, we need regulation!
cipherhut

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 10:53:41 AM

If you want to use cryptocurrency as a mode of exchange then cryptocurrency and regulation must go hand-in-hand.  Smiley Smiley
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 12:24:22 PM

If you want to use cryptocurrency as a mode of exchange then cryptocurrency and regulation must go hand-in-hand.  Smiley Smiley

I believe you did not hear about the SEC commission's regulations over the exchanges. That is a cage of legalization team whilch is working against all the scams actions and here to trash the worst frauds.
You can find both the centralized and decentralized exchanges available in the market.
You may need to choose the exchange according to your own wishes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 10:17:09 PM

I believe you did not hear about the SEC commission's regulations over the exchanges. That is a cage of legalization team whilch is working against all the scams actions and here to trash the worst frauds.
You can find both the centralized and decentralized exchanges available in the market.
You may need to choose the exchange according to your own wishes.

You are saying that regulations are good ?  And centralized exchanges are regulated therfor we must prioritize it if want more safety ? Am i right with that  ?   But i heard that decentralized exchanges are more secure/safe because no one can see our data's  .  we can trade on our own and no one control our funds  . the hack and scams are also less to to little or no posibilities to occur at all   . 
darylalban

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:41:24 PM

We need it to a degree. I think having cyber security forums like ciphertrace that help with AML are much more of a priority than say full regulation of the governments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: