Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:37:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Number of altcoins keep increasing!  (Read 3496 times)
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 02:58:16 PM

I see alot of altcoins and tokens been introduced into the market every day and I keep wondering if that is how this industry will keep growing.  The number of altcoins does not translate to increase in the over all market capitalization of the cryptocurrencies market and it that means that some of the coins we currently have in the market is not needed!

Of course, techs get introduce and replace rapidly, same towards Crypto because it is still a tech stuffs
Most people believe that at least 80-90% of coins will get remove/faded off because it is not useful or not needed

However, altcoin price drop but number of altcoin increase showing more and more business are getting into it, somehow it is a good sign

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:58:33 PM

I think that this industry will continue to grow for a long time and many more useless coins will come to the market!
SlavSL

Activity: 205
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 03:00:16 PM

Invest only in coins in top 50 or top 100, cause these are a projects with working products( almost all) and big investors which will not concede to scam...
Adunni6758

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:35:12 PM

The number of altcoins does not translate to increase in the over all market capitalization of the cryptocurrencies market
In my opinion, the increase in the number of altcoins in the crypto space in a way, adds to the overall marketcap. I the sense that, there are some investors who just by sighting a good project, invest their fiat into it, by buying more coins like ethereum there are some projects that allow fiats to be invested directly into into their projects. In a much, it is adding to the overall marketcap. Although, sometime the addition might not be that significant.

and it that means that some of the coins we currently have in the market is not needed!
Yes, you might be right, because there are so many shitcoins in the crypto space and most times, they do not last long.

Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:56:33 PM

The number of altcoins increases every month, I see that there are currently quite a lot of ICO with tokens that have no functions and many altcoins that have no value, so as if they only made ICO for a moment's profit.
there is nothing wrong, thousands of small businesses appear and disappear every day and this does not change the Fiat market. also, participants of the crypto market will learn to distinguish which ICO have the opportunity to survive in the future and which are not in the initial stages, which will remove foam from the crypto market.

Tagus45
Copper Member

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:13:33 PM

Altcoin will continue to grow in number because everyone can create their coins, but there is no certainty that all altcoins will be able to survive, all depends on quality and usefulness for the future. If you want to invest in altcoin then you have to do research to find out the quality of the coins that will be selected, because a choice will be the determinant for your future.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
tekinekan98

Activity: 157
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:16:27 PM

Now a lot of coins that are absolutely useless. A few years later, people will forget about them. It is necessary to choose carefully the coins for investment.

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

https://cindx.io/
Inastran

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:17:34 PM

I see alot of altcoins and tokens been introduced into the market every day and I keep wondering if that is how this industry will keep growing.  The number of altcoins does not translate to increase in the over all market capitalization of the cryptocurrencies market and it that means that some of the coins we currently have in the market is not needed!
i do hot think taht itnis bad and that we should do something about it as they will die by their own in case tney are too bad

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
abstmain

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:19:47 PM

means that some of the coins we currently have in the market is not needed!
Not only some of the coins but also almost all of the coins without BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR or some more. Rest of all is nothing but some shits. Those will soon be not able to survive because they have no real use case.
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

The more cryptocurrencies the better! It means that there is a strong competition in this sphere. And where there is competition there always is development and progress. That is why the number of new promising coins and blockchains is very important.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:40:34 PM

It does not matter, everyone can create a coin which is mostly useless and for nothing so it will keep rising, but good coins that will have impact on the industry also there.
So many useless altcoins everyday and I think we cannot stop them for creating shitcoins for now but I hope in the future we will see a more strict policy about creating coins. We must be careful and invest only with a good coins who has its own product already.
I think that the continued emergence of a variety of coins and tokens is good. Yes, a significant part of them will eventually leave the market as useless and only promising will remain. Such laws of the market. At the same time, investors need to understand more about new projects and they will learn from their own and others' mistakes. However, the only way cryptocurrency can develop.
I also think that you should not take any specific measures to reduce the number of new ICO projects. They need to be allowed to develop, but under the control of the state in order to reduce the appearance of fraud in these projects.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:56:49 PM

If altcoins will appear more than die, then I think that this is good. Although quantity does not always mean quality. If there are many projects, it means that there is life on the market.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:58:39 PM

A lot of coins that get created are basically useless and made indeed for a quick money grab from unsuspecting people around the world. Hype dies - coin dies. But there are also gems in the middle of the sea of crap.

Also, I think that the coin that one day will replace BTC is not created yet Wink

arditiyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:59:32 PM

actually not there, precisely such conditions will make the fundamentals of an altcoin and its ecosystem become unhealthy, ups and downs is a natural thing to happen

NikkiS

Activity: 434

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:03:24 PM

A lot of coins that get created are basically useless and made indeed for a quick money grab from unsuspecting people around the world. Hype dies - coin dies. But there are also gems in the middle of the sea of crap.

Also, I think that the coin that one day will replace BTC is not created yet Wink
The market is now so unstable that it is very difficult to predict which coins have future ones, many will not survive in the future, because they have no perspective.

dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:09:44 PM

The more cryptocurrencies the better! It means that there is a strong competition in this sphere. And where there is competition there always is development and progress. That is why the number of new promising coins and blockchains is very important.

Too many competition might have some good side, but it does have some serious drawbacks. Too many altcoins can often create a mess in the market, lower the price as there will be many coins of a similar feature and many coins flop as there are available coins of similar use and feature. But new coins with different and unique ideas will be beneficial for the future and the blockchain technology.
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:12:07 PM

Yes, more and more projects are starting up. The coin and token number in Coinmarketcap has already exceeded 2000. All of these are very hard to survive. Therefore, I think it is necessary to be very careful for the future.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:26:33 PM

I think that eventually about 90% of coins and tokens will disappear, but this will happen gradually. This amount of coins that we have today simply does not need anybody, and most of the coins have no one’s unnecessary project.
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:31:23 PM

I can not imagine that all coins and tokens will survive in the market. In the end, only a handful of coins will really survive. Many of the current coins are only on the market to make quick money, unfortunately.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:33:37 PM

I would say that 93% of them doesn't really needed because if we do look at on the current market condition when it comes to projects existed mostly they are on Eth-based then what are the difference among those projects yet they do only have smart-contract similarities.Right? For another platform then I would really consider that but keeps flooding on similar platform I don't really see the demand that's why they do end up on being a garbage.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████