Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:59:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy low, sell high  (Read 467 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:29:55 PM

It’s pretty simple just HODL for at least a couple of years & everything will be ok. Bitcoin seems to go in cycles, we’ll enter another bull market at some state & no doubt you’ll then be sitting on great profits.

It's simple if you know how the market works here, which doesn't apply to most of the people who entered last year during a market that just didn't want to stop going up.

People borrowed money, sold their car, sold grandma's jewelry, sold their dog, etc. All in the hope of becoming rich because their assumption legit was that Bitcoin would reach $50,000-$100,000 before the end of 2018. Even long term perma bulls believed that. How can you convince these people that everything will be all right while the price keeps going down?

They don't understand what Bitcoin is and for that reason don't know why it has value in the first place. Even some of the more senior members here think there is a possibility that Bitcoin could become worthless overnight. The only way for these people to calm down is to have the price increase to $20,000 next week, but that ain't happening.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

It is an old saying that most people have gullibly listened to or seen and they think that is all that is entailed when it comes to trading a market. However, what most people do not understand is that, it is one thing to buy low and sell high and it is another thing to know when you should be properly buying low and when you should possibly be selling at all.

As long as you cannot familiarize yourself with those things as an investor or a trader, it would be hard not to end up picking a falling knife when buying low sometimes, and then it would be hard to not get greedy and not even know when you should be selling.
usekevin

Activity: 2240
Merit: 562

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:39:51 PM

You had shared some valid points.To get some dollar as profit in current situation,you have to follow the basic principle of trading.The basic principle of trading is buy at low price and sell at high price.If the price is seems to be reduced,hold till the value of bitcoin reaches lowest price.If so don't hesitate to buy maximum as much you can with the holding money.It will gives you double or triple of Investment.
feelivent

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:29:28 AM

'Buy low, sell high' it's an old saying that most have heard, but few follow.

Well everyone, now is the time that you can buy low. Don't be like all the fools who bought high in December, and no doubt have now sold low. Buy now and don't start selling till it's at the $19k highs.

i don't think that's the smartest move either. far too much time has passed for another run at $20k to be a double top. there may be a correction there, but if we test the ATH again, we are going much higher.

sadly, bagholders usually do one of two things:

1. they sell the bottom and start calling bitcoin a scam
2. they wait out the bear market and then sell as soon as they can break even

markets like to punish people. c'est la vie! Cheesy

So what if it takes 2-3 more years to get there. Everyone who bought in 2014/15 are now so fucking happy they'll need plastic surgery to remove the smiles from their faces

not for those who sold at the previous ATH ($1100s-$1200s).....which is why you shouldn't be selling in the $19000s either!
Everyone wants to do this but the conditions of the market don’t allow investors to buy on low price and sell on high price. Traders are also thinking about holding their coins for long because the current situation is not giving them any profit and decisions in hurry will take their investment. They are careful about their decision to buy or sell. The market is not easy these days.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:10:25 AM

an age old strategy and very simple yet most of the trader even i messed with this and doing the other way around, i just realize how hard to earn in trading is because what you think of price doesnt work the way it is, reason why 90% of traders fail

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
aqila baruroh

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:25:05 PM

this method cannot be applied to current market conditions, to do that must make long-term investments. Today many investors buy when prices fall and sell when prices rise, this is done to get a little profit.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:51:13 PM

I guess people realize and aware about it, buy low and sell high is people's expectation, especially for them who invest in a big number. They must be want to get profit and don't want to lose any of thing. But, you have to remember, ups-downs always there, happen inn unpredictable time and no one can guess when the price going up or down. One more thing, patience is an important thing in here. If you have no patience, you will be hard to accept the risk that caused by your choice.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:32:02 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 03:56:25 AM by DeadCoin

Buy low and sell high this is the market strategy, always buy at low price when the market is down. And hold the coins for long time till the market returns. Once the market recovers, just sell them off keeping your own threshold on profits. Current market is so opt to buy as many coins as you can with cheap price. Go for it.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:09:30 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 02:31:35 AM by maarx

This is the basic formula, every trader follows and yes every new trader is advised to follow this as well. The current situation is so opt to practice formula. Yes invest as much as you can and buy many coins. I would advice you to split your investment and select the best potential coins from coinmarketcap.com. Filter out the coins you find much potential based on the level of investment you have at hand. Choose minimum 5 coins. Let them be bit cheaper with good growth trend in the past. Set a minimum threshold and this threshold should be very less. This strategy will yield you a good profit even when the market growth is bit lower.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:26:36 PM

There's always another option. But low and sell high, if you happen to buy high by mistake, hodl! If you sell low, buy back lower! Cheesy
The problem with this nice piece of advice is that you never know if you're low or high. Bitcoin at 6000 could be low, but it also could be high. Selling at 10000 could be high, but it also could be the new higher low.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:38:05 PM

The problem with this nice piece of advice is that you never know if you're low or high. Bitcoin at 6000 could be low, but it also could be high. Selling at 10000 could be high, but it also could be the new higher low.
That's why the best way to counter the uncertainty of not knowing if the price is under or overvalued, is to simply dollar cost average your entry points. I haven't done anything else in the last years.

It's impossible to find out the right moments to enter, because today's "low" price might turn out to be tomorrow's peak that people wish they would have sold. This market has no mercy for its participants.

People quite often go wrong because they assume crypto is cheap when it has gone down with 50% in a matter of months, but don't understand that it can go down even 90% in some cases.

XRP as one of the largest coins went through a +90% correction from top to bottom.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:47:16 PM

Well, OP was right the old saying will effective to do an action. Buy low and sell high, I also doing what OP's said, if payday comes I always set aside a little amount to invest in bitcoin which is most I trust in all cryptocurrencies. Buying at a low cost is a good decision and surely you have a huge profit after how many months or it takes a year. Hopefully, it will happen that the price will increase.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1123

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:40:25 PM

People quite often go wrong because they assume crypto is cheap when it has gone down with 50% in a matter of months, but don't understand that it can go down even 90% in some cases.

XRP as one of the largest coins went through a +90% correction from top to bottom.

Because XRP is an pumped bubble with no use cases. They were promising to be a link between cryptocurrency and financial institutions but made very little to really become one. People are pumping XRP because it's cheap and it's an old coin, accepted on most exchanges. But is anyone using it to really transact? People are only looking for a go to coin when Bitcoin is plummeting and that coin used to be ETH but this year ETH is not doing so good fundamentally so there's always cheap XRP.
I'm ready to bet that Bitcoin will not experience a 90% correction this time.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:57:25 PM

Because XRP is an pumped bubble with no use cases. They were promising to be a link between cryptocurrency and financial institutions but made very little to really become one. People are pumping XRP because it's cheap and it's an old coin, accepted on most exchanges. But is anyone using it to really transact? People are only looking for a go to coin when Bitcoin is plummeting and that coin used to be ETH but this year ETH is not doing so good fundamentally so there's always cheap XRP.
I'm ready to bet that Bitcoin will not experience a 90% correction this time.
Any coin can potentially go through that significant of a correction, and while it may not be likely that it happens to Bitcoin as well, the possibility is still there. What's Bitcoin being used for? What prevents it from correcting 90%?

Bitcoin last year peaked at $19,500 from where a 90% correction would mean a bottom of $1950. Is it really that unlikely? Back in 2017 the price dipped slightly below the $800 mark and pumped straight to $19,500.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I don't even expect it to happen, but I'm not discarding it either. We have to remain realistic here, there isn't much other than speculation to hold on to. Use is negligible at this point in time.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:27:30 PM

Buying low and selling high can be a risky strategy because you will have a hard time identifying when low is really low. It can always go lower. Buying low means buying on a bearish trend. Buying high and selling higher can be a better strategy. Means you are buying a hot asset that is on a bullish trend and is much more likely to go higher than lower.

cintamoni

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:37:55 AM

'Buy low, sell high' it's an old saying that most have heard, but few follow.

Well everyone, now is the time that you can buy low. Don't be like all the fools who bought high in December, and no doubt have now sold low. Buy now and don't start selling till it's at the $19k highs.

So what if it takes 2-3 more years to get there. Everyone who bought in 2014/15 are now so fucking happy they'll need plastic surgery to remove the smiles from their faces (which they can afford I might add, hell they can drive to the surgeon in their new car). What if it drops down further you may ask, well you keep buying, because 'buy low' is the rule, not sell low.

Sure if you think Bitcoin has no future this is not good advice, but if that's you stop wasting your time on these forums and go do something else.

Take a good look at the prices back in 2013 after the Cyprus bubble. It was this bubble that confirmed to me that Bitcoin was not going away, it gave me confidence to invest what little money I had and I am grateful for it. If the recent bubble doesn't do the same for you I don't know what will.

I have recently started buying again myself, I buy a little each payday, I recommend to anyone on the sidelines who wants to start saving in Bitcoin to do it in this fashion, it's routine, emotionless way to invest.

Buy low sell high people! Age old, simple, and proven wisdom.

PS - If you did buy high and sold low already, well time to learn from you mistakes and do the opposite.
You're right those people who buy the bitcoin in December are really disappointing i am sure they have already sell there coin and not care about the rule "buy low and sell high". They should wait for some times or maybe years.
Altcoins enthusiast

Merit: 17

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:51:41 AM

Buy low sell high has been reason why the market move around and I think we should follow that principle in trading if we want to succeed. 
xfaqs01

Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:57:54 AM

Buy low sell high has been reason why the market move around and I think we should follow that principle in trading if we want to succeed. 

yeah simple it is but very hard to follow that is why 90% of trader fail according to survey, why because there is no exact low and exact highs in the market if you bought at a certain price then the whale will lower the price so then your low bicomes high to them hahah

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:14:51 AM

last year, before i started to buy bitcoin, i knew the basic in trading that buy low sell high, but after the ATH of bitcoin last year, it is hard for me to buy bitcoin, so i go to altcoins that is stating to mooning like bitcoin, but after the ATH of bitcoin and it started to drop down, my portfolio also started to cut into small, then days, weeks and months passed by, there is no progress in the market just all of them are in the dip. i am trying to be calm because my assets are losing, until now even you try to use "buy low sell high" it is not profitable. because some of them are already low and getting more lower.
ginellis

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:18:35 AM

which is why you shouldn't be selling in the $19000s either!
It depends on the event and the time frame. It was clear that the futures markets were the driving force behind the bull run of last year, and it's just as clear that traders like to sell news when possible, and it happened.

Another thing, which mainly applies to Bitcoin, is that it tends to correct significantly at the start of each new year. That was again a signal that people should have cashed out their profits.

Don't know how relevant tax sales really are when it comes to the crypto market in general, but that's potentially another aspect to focus on. It's sell signal on top of another signal on top of another signal.
There is a lot of difference between the current situation of the market and the previous one. Bull run is not possible without any investment. Many of the holders want to sell their coins but there are no buyers in the market. In this situation we can easily understand that if there is any bull run in the market it would be temporary and will return afterwards.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: