Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:20:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Memoirs of [Old] Prominent BCT Members?  (Read 211 times)
jeffthebaker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:56:15 AM

Hey all, want to gage interest in a potential series of articles I may publish to nulltx.com.

Just now, my mind wandered to the infamous Bitcointalk account, Bipolar Bob. It dawned on me that many likely have no idea who this is. I picture this project as a series of articles that conveys the timeline or major happenings of prominent personas in the space from way back when. Others may include accounts like laszlo and TradeFortress. Would you guys be interested in this type of content?
CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 05:03:13 AM

Hey all, want to gage interest in a potential series of articles I may publish to nulltx.com.

Just now, my mind wandered to the infamous Bitcointalk account, Bipolar Bob. It dawned on me that many likely have no idea who this is. I picture this project as a series of articles that conveys the timeline or major happenings of prominent personas in the space from way back when. Others may include accounts like laszlo and TradeFortress. Would you guys be interested in this type of content?

Sure, I like this kind of stuff. One time BiPolarBob gave .01 BTC for free to a hundred people, and I was one of them.

I would rather not have to click on outside links, I know its a weird pet peeve but the fact is, all of this information is here already.

Laszlo is of course the 10k BTC Pizza Guy, who considered upping the price after he got no takers in the first 2 days for his offer, and TradeFortress has the ugliest reputation I've ever seen!

Some of these members have pretty amazing sagas behind them, but really you should post your articles here. I myself am a bitcoin news writer and I would prefer people visit our website, but I usually post at least a bit of the story here when I do advertise my articles.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 07:10:37 AM

As a relative newcomer to Bitcoin, I'd be interested in some of the history,and the personalities that Bitcoin created.

Some of these members have pretty amazing sagas behind them, but really you should post your articles here. I myself am a bitcoin news writer and I would prefer people visit our website, but I usually post at least a bit of the story here when I do advertise my articles.

I hate it when people try to post an article in a discussion thread, and I'm having to put members who create those dreadful formatted pseudo-pages with oversized coloured sub-headings. I think the best method of presentation is a web page, and a posted link with a brief description or extract. There is nothing worse for a thread than a load of spambies quoting a full length formatted article repeatedly.

I can understand concerns about links to external websites, and I've noticed that the mods are active in removing or blocking suspicious links. I've thought for some time that it would be worth creating a directory of members sites, and anything untoward could be reported to the community. Members like Vod have created some really useful sites, and I don't believe those sites will ever be used to scam or cheat Bitcoin Talk members.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:51:27 AM

I think it is a great idea. I've tried to get Tradefortress to talk to me already but have been unsuccessful so far. I'd be quite happy to help you gather information as well. (Just have a look at my signature if you want to see some of my research)

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:12:34 PM

It would be a cool topic, I agree.
I think I've seen a couple of threads that talked about Buterin, Satoshi, Laszlo and some of the stories related to them.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:35:10 PM

Articles summarizing interesting historical happenings would be cool. I like the one recently about bobsurplus...

If you ant to post them on your offsite blog that is cool but you may as well post them here also, which is fine, unless you are just trying to drive traffic over there..

I personally thing sagas in video format backed by screenshots would be the best, but would be more effort and complex..

Their used to be talk about writing a novel of the history of Cryptsy from its beginning to end and that is something I would really like to see..

Their is another topic by xtraelv running right now about historic btct scandals that would be a great source of potential topics.

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
jeffthebaker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:08:41 AM

Thanks for your feedback everyone. Hoping to have the first installment published sometime next week Smiley Will share here when that happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: