Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for ICO, is it good or bad idea?  (Read 1992 times)
Kool5

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:15:45 PM

I agree with you and it seems to me that this is a very good idea that will bring confidence in the project team to the ISO process. What is happening now in most iso projects is a scam. Investors do not know anything about the team, only their photos on the main page or the pages on social networks that may be fake.
But I also do not understand those investors who give their money to such and projects.
       Investstry is another matter. I myself am a member of the company for generosity. Therefore, KYC do not understand. I am at the registration fill all the appropriate items. Then after a long period of time you need to fill KYC to what it is. In KYC, there are points in which I really can not figure it out, but there is no video. That's what to do.

цeнтp] ◣ Stake.com ◥
«Stake 2 - Игpaй yмнee»
12+ Peжимы игpы | Дocтaтoчнo чecтнo | Eжeднeвныe paздaчи
viva95

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:16:23 PM

I don't see anything good in today's KYC. I can find someone's passport on the internet and send it during pass a KYC. I think it needs some improvement and after this KYC will make sense
neli234

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:28:58 PM

It is certainly necessary, it is the legal regulations of the United States or Europe are required to do that. Including the ban on capital mobilization from banned countries
HAKHALI

Activity: 182
Merit: 25

Bitcoin=Decentralization+ Consensus+High sec=TRUST

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

KYC procedures for ICOs  is very important in order to build confidence in crypto market , but firstly , this procedure must be applied on ICOs owners , so don't buy from  ICOs which you don't know their owners identity.
Fortified
Copper Member

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:48:32 PM

Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.
Do you think this is a good or bad idea? Express your opinion.

As decentralized cryptocurrency a KYC for both parties is not necessary but because we both avoiding a scam ICO and scam project , then we should to follow but ofcourse you have all the option of not to follow , although this will not give assurance that investors will really attract on this.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
tantra007

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:00:02 PM

i think that's good. it can reduce money laundrying. the government has made that regulation
an ICO must do that in order to get approved

▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀   URUNIT   ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀ 
▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀    GAMBLING PLATFORM 100% MANAGED BY ITS COMMUNITY       ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀ 
▀  ▀  ▀   Website   ▀   Whitepaper   ▀    Facebook   ▀   Twitter   ▀   ANN   ▀   Telegram   ▀  ▀ 
Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:06:19 PM

It's one thing when a project wants to know investors personally, and another is bounty hunters. Here I see no reason to apply KYC.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:03:14 PM

Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.

I think some countries are already doing that like for example the United states,South Korea and Even the Philippines according to the SEC article that in the Philippines all ICO and other CrowdFunding activities are considered as Securities and their Founders and Team members should undergo a KYC procedure Before they can proceed to Initial Coin/Token Offerings.  
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:11:57 PM

from the start of KYC was a failure. because blockchain is anonymous, so if kyc is still enforced isn't that a disability for Blockchain technology. I support the creation of quality projects, for that regulation is needed to regulate it.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:15:47 PM

Now everyone is already starting to think, but why is it needed all the same? Because it is a necessity that the SEC has integrated, but do you think it is right? I think that in general it is right if we want to move on and accept serious investors, but there are a lot of conditions here.
kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:27:30 PM

Well, it is, in fact, both, a good or a bad idea. It varies from entity to entity. For example, if you think from the perspective of ICO investors and bounty hunters, it is bad. Most of the ICO investors don't want to give their identity to other persons, same go for bounty hunters. On the other hand, if you think as a project owner, ICO is good since they need to provide valid information to the govt about their business.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:48:06 AM

I'm not sure if KYC is a great idea for ICOs as we all have seen some that are scams and not only will you be giving them your money you will end up giving them your Identity which they can then sell on or even use.

I have no issue with doing this with credible companies but a standard run of the mill ICO in order to claim coins doesn,'t make sense to me.
krassy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 10:10:40 AM

I do not argue  that the greatest attraction of all crypto-currencies is in anonymity and any control over actions with cryptocurrencies causes dislike. Therefore, the KYC procedure causes negative emotions both among the founders of ICO projects and all its participants. However, we can use the blockchain to help with the passing of KYC procedures by all participants. For example, each KYC will be conducted by a separate transaction with an entry in the distributed data register, which will preserve the transparency of all data but also their anonymity.Thus, having passed the procedure of KYC investor, bounty hunter, or any other participant or founder of ICO can make a successful transaction of KYC in all other projects. A single blockchain KYC for everyone.
arkawa040

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:21:58 AM

Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.
my opinion is that this is a good idea, I have nothing to hide I work on an honest basis, and the KYC process suits me completely, who is when I bought at what time, this is a great idea thanks to which the cryptocurrency will not be banned.
harith@813

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:24:01 AM

KYC puts our privacy in risk. People can stole our data and use as their own. As I see, KYC do not give expected verification as someone can use another's ID with a his selfie. People are not honest and hence KYC procedure is not enough to catch real participants.
12retepnat34

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:33:13 AM

KYC puts our privacy in risk. People can stole our data and use as their own. As I see, KYC do not give expected verification as someone can use another's ID with a his selfie. People are not honest and hence KYC procedure is not enough to catch real participants.

Yes KYC can exploit our identity so never give your personal data to the project that you are not sure with, KYC can help to identify fraud but if some people don't used their personal identity for KYC I think they add more options on KYC to verify such persons.
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

KYC for ICO is a good idea and very important as it is work to identify the real investors as well as avoid the fake entry by spammers too. It may also help to create a positive and transparent environment in the cryptocurrency market.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:33:55 PM

KYC has both good and bad effects. If it is used for legal purposes, it is ok but sometimes we notice in the name of KYC, they disclose Identity to another dark sites, it is bad. KYC (know Your Customer) process should be easy for the customers.

Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 07:34:21 AM

KYC is one of the best alternative in order to filter out fake and spam accounts, of course this will redundancy on the part of the ICO management, but it can assure that the personality and investors are sharing their true identity by complying on the KYC as a part of the requirement. Also, this is also applied in bounty participants, so its gonna be fair.
Vargum

Activity: 322

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 07:39:37 AM

Here, of course, a double opinion about KYC. On the one hand, this is good for the project from the point of view of legislation, on the other hand, not every person wants his personal confidential information to be used somewhere. I am more against KYC than for him

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: