Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:16:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US or China: Who would win the AI race?  (Read 647 times)
SnowAugustine (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:15:26 PM

China is planning to overtake the US in terms of Artificial Intelligence. Some researchers AI would be like the internet of the future. It's going to be really necessary for life in the future and China wants to lead. How high do you think is the possibility of China being able to do so?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:07:43 PM
Merited by Moloch (1)

China is planning to overtake the US in terms of Artificial Intelligence. Some researchers AI would be like the internet of the future. It's going to be really necessary for life in the future and China wants to lead. How high do you think is the possibility of China being able to do so?

Easy, easy to answer.

Who will win the AI race?

The AI.
ripthesystem

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:41:30 PM

Easy, easy to answer.

Who will win the AI race?

The AI.

Kudos. That`s brilliant.
And regarding who will invent it - my bet is on China. This country has proved that it can do anything. My main work is in the steel production industry, so a quick fact to prove that China`s capability: in 2017, China produced 831.7 million metric tons of steel. This is more than the whole world produces at the moment.

News are that China plans to reduce its production and invest more money and resources in improving ecology and environment. I believe it more or less speaks for the fact that China is more than serious opponent in the world arena.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:41:56 PM

I think, we can't really tell the possibility of them to innovate Artificial Intelligence. Maybe the battle isn't only with these two countries, what if other countries are alsoaiming with this. But regardless of this, it is not important for me, not for them, whether who will win the race. The thing is that as long as it can help human in whatever circumstances that we have, then we all becomes the winner.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Michael_Cox

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

Overtake the US? I don't think so. Do you mean become the central country for AI? Yes. In this case, China will get ahead, especially since they got the biggest funding when it comes to creating AI. It's only a matter of time now before they create a fully functioning AI.
Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:01:30 AM

China will be ahead because they will have all the resources to create an AI. The question is do they have the brains and the creative team to create a high quality AI? We'll see.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 05:44:20 AM

Overtake the US? I don't think so. Do you mean become the central country for AI? Yes. In this case, China will get ahead, especially since they got the biggest funding when it comes to creating AI. It's only a matter of time now before they create a fully functioning AI.

More importantly they don't give a shit about human or civil rights. AI will be deployed, manufactured, and in use there more, but the US still has the edge in development. That is why China is constantly trying to steal technology via espionage, hacking, or simply buying it out.
TTshingeki

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:47:58 AM

Are you forget Russian ? I think Russia also is country develop AI very strong but AI has many dangers if we couldn't control it. As Stephen Hawking says "A.I. could be 'worst event in the history of our civilization"
ripthesystem

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:42:26 PM

Are you forget Russian ? I think Russia also is country develop AI very strong but AI has many dangers if we couldn't control it. As Stephen Hawking says "A.I. could be 'worst event in the history of our civilization"

AFAIK, it seems like Russia is a little bit behind other big countries in terms of IT development. Their military is strong however, may be they'll refer not to create full-fledged AI but focus on AI for military purpose - and this is getting scary, to be honest.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:54:30 PM

AFAIK, it seems like Russia is a little bit behind other big countries in terms of IT development. Their military is strong however, may be they'll refer not to create full-fledged AI but focus on AI for military purpose - and this is getting scary, to be honest.

Much like North Korea and China, Russia has some very advanced hackers and hacker intelligence agencies within the country, however they are well behind nations such as the US, Japan, and South Korea in research and development. This is why they place such a high value on espionage.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:10:34 AM

I think that beyond a certain level of application complexity, it will boil down to the vigour of the societal environment in which that AI functions. A politically free society such as the USA would naturally fare better on this score, far ahead of the shackled masses that are the norm in China.

Therefore, the outcome of this competition is a no contest win for the USA by several laps and a mile, if not more.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:57:13 AM

As stated earlier in this thread, AI will be the only winner.  The development of Artificial Intelligence is very concerning and it scares me.  I think we should really stop advancing the technology because eventually it will be too intelligent to control.  Once the cat is out of the bag it will be too late and robots will reign over humans.  Some say its inevitable that this will happen but all we have to do is stop developing A.I.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:16:20 PM

As stated earlier in this thread, AI will be the only winner.  The development of Artificial Intelligence is very concerning and it scares me.  I think we should really stop advancing the technology because eventually it will be too intelligent to control.  Once the cat is out of the bag it will be too late and robots will reign over humans.  Some say its inevitable that this will happen but all we have to do is stop developing A.I.

It's all FUD. Exactly like the FUD surrounding Bitcoin.

We need to summon courage, and build up our nerves, be brave to enter this exciting new world of AI. A glorious phase in the history of humanity is about to begin.

Call it the golden dawn of a new humanity, or whatever. Names do not matter. What matters is that we participate and win!

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 11:35:21 PM

As stated earlier in this thread, AI will be the only winner.  The development of Artificial Intelligence is very concerning and it scares me.  I think we should really stop advancing the technology because eventually it will be too intelligent to control.  Once the cat is out of the bag it will be too late and robots will reign over humans.  Some say its inevitable that this will happen but all we have to do is stop developing A.I.

It's all FUD. Exactly like the FUD surrounding Bitcoin.

We need to summon courage, and build up our nerves, be brave to enter this exciting new world of AI. A glorious phase in the history of humanity is about to begin.

Call it the golden dawn of a new humanity, or whatever. Names do not matter. What matters is that we participate and win!

As some one who is very familiar with Bitcoin, in fact for approaching a decade, and as some one who has seen all the FUD first hand, no it is not the same thing. The threats posed by AI are just as numerous as any other sufficiently advanced technology. You can build a house with a hammer or you can cave some one's head in with it. It doesn't make the hammer good or bad, but it is just as capable of doing either. It is the same reason we don't give loaded AK-47s to chimps to play with. The results are kind of irreversible in both cases. It is over their heads, as AI is over our heads, as it will be for some time.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:40:22 AM

More importantly they don't give a shit about human or civil rights. AI will be deployed, manufactured, and in use there more, but the US still has the edge in development. That is why China is constantly trying to steal technology via espionage, hacking, or simply buying it out.

I think I agree with both of you. China could have the biggest funding received to create AI, but sometimes China lacks creativity and imagination, which is where I think the US will get ahead on. Also, has anyone else considered Japan? Or what about the UK?
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:07:14 AM

Well the answer is fairly obvious. The US had to use Chinese microchips and circuits in their latest fighter plane, so I guess they will need to use Chinese chips to develop AI.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:58:35 AM

Some people just won't take that other are ahead, they want to be the first and it's the crab mentality that forms competition. Sometimes it's healthy, sometimes it's violent, but most importantly, it should enhance people's lives and not just about business. The selfishness should be stopped, but I doubt that it will. Well, I don't get to have a part in whether who is the first to create the perfect AI, I would just support the first one. Then there's room for more competition.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SnowAugustine (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:55:11 PM

I really don't see a lot of AI related news involving Russia although it's fact that a lot of internet hackers are linked to Russia. If they are also developing an advanced AI then we are not hearing enough of it. But then again, that may be typical of Russia.
UconBit

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:54:03 PM

Agreed. Their lack of care for human or civil rights may actually be the reason for the AI progress in their country. They do steal a lot of tech but some argue that when they steal something they actually put an effort to improve on the idea that they stole. This is in turn good for AI technology as it continues to improve. It will already depend on China on how they would use it in their country or even the world.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:53:41 PM

I would say the United States will win again.  Brainpower of the all the people (capitalism) will win over the brainpower of a few people (communism).
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: