Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: will tether collapse?  (Read 1218 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:42:43 PM

Buy tether, if it goes back up to $1, garuanteed profit. If it falls to $0, all the value went to bitcoin and you've helped move bitcoin price.

why aren't bitfinex or other insiders buying up as much as possible right now?

i'm finding the whole thing kinda strange. it's not as if it's the first time there have been banking problems, they carried on for months in the past, but the reaction was nowhere near as violent and rapid as this time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:28:48 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 05:02:38 PM by qwizzie

$490 price difference of Bitcoin, thanks to Tether right now (going out of Tether and into Bitcoin)  :

Bitfinex (Tether)                                                                          : $6899
Bitstamp, Kraken, GDAX (Coinbase Pro), Gemini, CEX (Non-Tether) : $6409

When you have this much spread and it is not diminishing, then there clearly is a problem.
More exchanges are also starting to provide access to more reliable stablecoins : https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-exchange-okex-lists-4-new-stablecoins/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD?

What are your thoughts?
Im afraid it will,as for those threa thats talking about this.

Because this centralized coin has nothing to benfits in future,notlike ripple is being backed by bankers,tether backd up by nothing but the developers only,and now many investors are full out their investments inside and convert to more beneficial crypo
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:43:23 PM

Buy tether, if it goes back up to $1, garuanteed profit. If it falls to $0, all the value went to bitcoin and you've helped move bitcoin price.
But he lost his money.
I never bought USDT but the news last year about tether printing around $300M.
It has been proven and said that its real money. If you think that $.85 is a good buy now.
You'll just sell when it goes a bit high.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:42:05 PM

Today we all saw a strange situation, as the usd fell to the level of 0.94 dollar, as it can be called after that stable coin?
xfaqs01 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:08:58 PM

Today we all saw a strange situation, as the usd fell to the level of 0.94 dollar, as it can be called after that stable coin?
not anymore it is now unstable coin, unless tether and bifinex can show solid proof that they really have the backing of the current usdt circulation supply now which is $2 billion dollar tether will never go back to normal, its the trust of the community not the money that they lost,

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Open4lies

Activity: 552

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:17:35 PM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD?

What are your thoughts?

The possibility of Tether collapsing is very difficult because this crypto shows excellent stability in the crypto market. Although there was negative news yesterday for the USDT to fall to $ 0.95, the rate is now back to its $ 1. The failure of the USDT is impossible.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Black Coffee

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:23:25 AM

very confusing and do we have to worry? what is the biggest impact if tether experiences collapse? will the market get worse?
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:06:47 AM

What are your thoughts?
If i will look into the threads created here about tether,for sure same thiing will be on my mind that thisoin will die soon
But lets see what will happen for tomorrow lol
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:26:53 AM

Do not know for sure if it will collapse or not but it is surely risky to hold it. Couple of exchanges suspended tether deposits/withdrawls today and its price is below $1, both red flags.
tadpole_bitfrog

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:11:01 AM

What are your thoughts?
Yesterday there was a lot of news that USDT was a scam and many investors sold it off and made the price of Bitcoin rise dramatically. This is a news that makes the USDT lose a lot of prestige and will soon collapse and lose to the USD. it is an obvious thing.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Siti Nurbaya

Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:15:19 AM

One negative news is able to collapse one of the coins above, so you should be able to read the situation so you can take advantage of this time.
BryanK

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:26:13 AM

not anymore it is now unstable coin, unless tether and bifinex can show solid proof that they really have the backing of the current usdt circulation supply now which is $2 billion dollar tether will never go back to normal, its the trust of the community not the money that they lost,
Totally agree with you, to replace usdt it's a lot different stable coins with them I hope such history will not repeat itself.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:14:56 AM

That also what i am thinking with tether and this might be listed as one of the biggest cryptocurrency scam. Because of the issue last time with bitfinex, tether will surely be on the hotseat again. I stopped using USDT as a trading pair because i dont wanted to be surprised that my funds turn to zero surprisingly if there will be a massive sell if they will accused as scam.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:35:09 AM

Yes! If Tether which is supposed to backed by real USED, is not backed by USD. Exchanges, specifically Bitfinex "is said to be" creating Tether out of thin air and using it to BUY BTC which obviously contributes to the downfall of crypto. If it's like that, it's a lot better not having "Tether" at all.

Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 07:53:29 AM

IMHO it can't collapse. This is just rumors to through week hands from the market. It already lost its volumes and most of the exchanges replacing it. So nothing will happen even if it will disappear.

Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:58:20 AM

There are rumours that this is pure FUD and some old screenshot from Binance. This is a screenshot from CZ of Binance
. Now earlier today, a tweet from Bitfinex announcing their new fiat deposit system to replace Tether, just a day after.

Seems to me like this whole thing was well orchestrated.
afroman1131

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:45:15 AM

Some famous youtuber said, it will probably not collapse, even if there is no real dollar behind. And seems logical, it is a very popular coin. But personally would not buy it anyways, if I want to hodl in some stable coin, I pick Bitcoin.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:50:54 AM

Today there is a high probability that Tether collapsed. Now its price is already 1.11 per pair TUSD / USDT. I think it's all about the bad end
That would probably call for the pump in btc actually when compared to Tether whereas the normal fiat market did not really make any serious move. It is a crazy thing to see such thing happening and I have always known most of the time that one way or the other USDT will end up imploding and being discarded.

A lot of the exchanges like Bittrex are already coming up with direct fiat trading, and possibly we are seeing more reputable digital currencies to hedge with compared to USDT and it certainly looks like this is becoming a gradual end for tether in every way and there is no bailing out from this one.
xfaqs01 (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:38:48 AM

Some famous youtuber said, it will probably not collapse, even if there is no real dollar behind. And seems logical, it is a very popular coin. But personally would not buy it anyways, if I want to hodl in some stable coin, I pick Bitcoin.
those famous youtuber said that probably are holding tether, even in every angle you analize there is no future on coins that can be created anytime by someone without credible evidence and transparency of audit, its inflationary and will just ruin the whole cryptoverse, no hope for tether, trust havr been lost.

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: